4 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.03%

Re: "Lockpick:"

Quote Originally Posted by Rakki
    That wasn't a shot at my quest making ideas, was it? =/ The only reason I suggested that for this quest is because it's so short, and we don't have a WHOLE lot of time to finish it. I may only be about a year old on the forums here, but I've dealt with ZC for many years already. I believe I'm from the same time as Exate, in fact. Version 1.84.
    No. I have no doubt about your ideas or abilities. I know what you meant. I was just merely stating that most new people tend to do that and having that here would make it seem that way.

It would be a good idea though.
    The ZC.com Database is alive!!
    __________________________________________________ _____

Curent Quest(s) :
    The Ring of Time.
    Working on whistle village.
    __________________________________________________ ______

Need help with bridges? Check out my tutorial HERE

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.3%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

lol, honestly, now that we mention it, I want the player to start off with the 500 rupee wallet. The prize for finding the first thief could be the larger wallet, and the prize for finding the second thief could be the very information regarding the Master Thief. (He'd tell you to look under the empty house in the town. The empty house would have a hidden staircase VERY well hidden somewhere in one of the rooms, (All the houses will have multiple rooms. All of 'em, just for consistency's sake, and to make sure the casual author knows that rooms don't need to be one room alone.) So under that house would be a note describing the thief's location in the lava area.

Unless you guys really still think that each thief should give out a wallet. I'm okay with that, I guess. I just *really* hate it when I'm at 255 rupees, and find a 200 piece rupee. X x. That could easily become the case in NeoFirst, considering how I plan to give 'em out like candy now and then.

Hacking up an Octorock
    QDB Manager
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.03%

I see no problem with that. If that is what you plan on doing.

Curent Quest(s) :
    The Ring of Time.

Ultimate Prankster Lucario QDB Manager
    Just registered
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    43.79%

If you're going to sell at least one of the Wallets, why not set the prices for them at the max amount of Rupees you should have? In other words, put the 1st Wallet as 255 Rupees and the Second as 500 (or however many the Big Wallet lets you hold max). That's what I always do.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.3%

Quote Originally Posted by pikaguy900
    If you're going to sell at least one of the Wallets, why not set the prices for them at the max amount of Rupees you should have? In other words, put the 1st Wallet as 255 Rupees and the Second as 500 (or however many the Big Wallet lets you hold max). That's what I always do.
    ... why?

Why should the player be forced to do that? Doesn't he/she have enough on their mind?

I mean, the magic shield will cost 125 rupees or so in the shop. Either you can buy the shield, or you can buy the wallet. Your choice. If you have the cash for one, you'll probably have the cash for the other. That's the sort of effect I was trying to go for there. However, since I decided that we'll be giving the small wallet to the player from the start, (Perhaps as a pickup in their house.) I see no reason to hog a store shelf with it.

Ultimate Prankster Lucario QDB Manager
    Just registered
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    43.79%

Quote Originally Posted by Britannianhero4
    ... why?

Why should the player be forced to do that? Doesn't he/she have enough on their mind?

I mean, the magic shield will cost 125 rupees or so in the shop. Either you can buy the shield, or you can buy the wallet. Your choice. If you have the cash for one, you'll probably have the cash for the other. That's the sort of effect I was trying to go for there. However, since I decided that we'll be giving the small wallet to the player from the start, (Perhaps as a pickup in their house.) I see no reason to hog a store shelf with it.
    Good point. It just seemed right to me to have to pay the max amount of Rupees to buy a wallet, since they can be valuable if a lot of the items in shops get more expensive as you get farther in game. Which just gave me an idea...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.24%

I just got an idea!
    How about, to get the wallet, you have to beat the 3 thieves, and after you beat them, you warp to an identical screen with a string of a part of the password needed to access the part of the dungeon with the wallet upgrade, and other things. So, you have to beat all 3 to get the password.
    Example:
    1st: Open
    2nd: Sesa
    3rd: me
    Password = Open Sesame.
    To make the screen with the password, make tiles with the choices for the first part of the password, 1 correct, 3 incorrect. Choice 1 tile= Tilewarp "A" 2="B" etc. Make identical screens, but make the correct first choice go to a second room with
    The same setup, but the tiles are the graphic of the second section. The incorrect choice goes to an identical screen, but the tilewarps all go to the next incorrect screen, and this repeats, but after the third screen, a tile pops up with the word, in red, "INCORRECT". The side warp from the side you entered the screen from should take you back to the screen before all this, for the player to try again.
    Anyways, the second correct screen has 4 warps, and 1 of them will take you to the third correct screen. Get my point?

Yeah, there's my 200cents.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19%

it makes sense johnamus... just confusing as hell and a large pain to do...
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.3%

It's a great idea, but not really for NeoFirst. I mean, unless you're willing to implement this in yourself within the timespan of a week, I just can't see this happening to NeoFirst. It's a little bit too complex for people, and would raise the standards considerably.

I guess we could design it so that you can't actually reach the Master Thieve's room within his hideout until you've spoken to both thieves at that point. That's simple enough. Could be done by using that old "Identical room + event" trick, usable with room state carryovers. Very simple to do.

Hacking up an Octorock
    QDB Manager
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.03%

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Johnamus
    I just got an idea!
    How about, to get the wallet, you have to beat the 3 thieves, and after you beat them, you warp to an identical screen with a string of a part of the password needed to access the part of the dungeon with the wallet upgrade, and other things. So, you have to beat all 3 to get the password.
    Example:
    1st: Open
    2nd: Sesa
    3rd: me
    Password = Open Sesame.
    To make the screen with the password, make tiles with the choices for the first part of the password, 1 correct, 3 incorrect. Choice 1 tile= Tilewarp "A" 2="B" etc. Make identical screens, but make the correct first choice go to a second room with
    The same setup, but the tiles are the graphic of the second section. The incorrect choice goes to an identical screen, but the tilewarps all go to the next incorrect screen, and this repeats, but after the third screen, a tile pops up with the word, in red, "INCORRECT". The side warp from the side you entered the screen from should take you back to the screen before all this, for the player to try again.
    Anyways, the second correct screen has 4 warps, and 1 of them will take you to the third correct screen. Get my point?

Yeah, there's my 200cents.
    I like this idea! But for NeoFirst, it would be a little much.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowTiger
    I guess we could design it so that you can't actually reach the Master Thieve's room within his hideout until you've spoken to both thieves at that point. That's simple enough. Could be done by using that old "Identical room + event" trick, usable with room state carryovers. Very simple to do.
    I must agree with ShadowTiger. Having to talk to both thieves first would definately add to the story and difficulty.

Curent Quest(s) :
    The Ring of Time.

Thread Information