Rakki and I were having yet another brainstorming session in #PureZC, (You guys really gotta stop by there more often. :p ) and I had this idea for a lockpick item.

Essentially, I don't think NeoFirst will be using a single Non-level-specific key. I just don't see a reason for it. I mean, suppose you're in dungeon one, and you have all the items necessary to get to the boss key, and you also have a (Normal.) key. You decide to leave the dungeon with the key and explore the next dungeon, since you have the items necessary to reach that next dungeon, as per most of the zelda games. :p Obviously, this would suck.

I really don't see a reason to use ANY Non-level-specific keys in NeoFirst. Not one. Thus, I've decided that in an effort to make the quest somewhat easier, you'll be allowed to purchase "lockpicks" at about 650 rupees a pop from a secret shop somewhere in town.

Think the price is too high? Remember, a "normal" key will unlock any lock block or locked door. It won't vanish or anything. It'll also render any level-specific key that you COULD have used to open that door useless, so you don't have to worry about that either. Obviously, the idea of a "lockpick" is useful for those times when you just can't find a key.

Since everyone can go out and hunt for rupees, (I plan on having tons of bushes and tall grasses scattered through out NeoFirst, rest assured. ) I figure this is a reasonable plan.

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Flames? Lockpicks?