3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.3%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Re: Heal, Warp, Save Points:

Well I wouldn't even be going so far, OR have explained any of that, if I didn't see at least one way to make it work. :p So much for the "ZC's engine is a Zelda 1 engine." It's all about the workarounds. You need to know what it's capable of doing, and work around those capabilities to achieve the desired effect. Now that multiwarps, sensitive warps, and tiered screen references (Whatever.) are possible, that expands what is capable by quite a lot.

Anyway, ... have you ever seen, in one of Freedom's Quests, or in Shoelace's HoD, where they trigger an event, by having this one screen with nothing much on it before you reach the scene where you'll be interacting with someone? That empty room is actually packed with events. You trigger someone elsewhere which causes that empty room's secrets to be triggered, which warps you an identical room, only the room its connecting to is different. (The text is different, or something else happens, etc.) You're not supposed to notice any transition. That's how these work.

This will operate in much the same way, only there won't be an "empty" screen, I don't think. Because there are four warps now, rather than only one, you can still have the real warp pads present during the time of the warping, but the user can probably still warp along the floor when the pads are triggered via the autowarp or sensitive warp combo.

Ultimate Prankster Lucario QDB Manager
    Just registered
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    43.77%

Quote Originally Posted by Britannianhero4
    Well I wouldn't even be going so far, OR have explained any of that, if I didn't see at least one way to make it work. :p So much for the "ZC's engine is a Zelda 1 engine." It's all about the workarounds. You need to know what it's capable of doing, and work around those capabilities to achieve the desired effect. Now that multiwarps, sensitive warps, and tiered screen references (Whatever.) are possible, that expands what is capable by quite a lot.

Anyway, ... have you ever seen, in one of Freedom's Quests, or in Shoelace's HoD, where they trigger an event, by having this one screen with nothing much on it before you reach the scene where you'll be interacting with someone? That empty room is actually packed with events. You trigger someone elsewhere which causes that empty room's secrets to be triggered, which warps you an identical room, only the room its connecting to is different. (The text is different, or something else happens, etc.) You're not supposed to notice any transition. That's how these work.

This will operate in much the same way, only there won't be an "empty" screen, I don't think. Because there are four warps now, rather than only one, you can still have the real warp pads present during the time of the warping, but the user can probably still warp along the floor when the pads are triggered via the autowarp or sensitive warp combo.
    I haven't played any of those quests, so I wouldn't know what you're talking about.

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.3%

... *Sigh* ... But I just described them. >.<' Hero Of Dreams. Go play it and see what I mean. When you come across a hosue who's room count isn't one, but is two, and one of the rooms is sort of empty, (No person, or no warp to trigger a speech-scene.) You'll know that you're in one of those transitional screens where an event triggers a warp, but without activating the secret sounds. (There's a screen flag "No secret sounds.")

Just read over my previous post and you'll see what I mean. Don't give up on trying to understand it. Keep reading it and picture it in your mind.

Just registered
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    43.77%

... *Sigh* ... But I just described them. >.<' Hero Of Dreams. Go play it and see what I mean. When you come across a hosue who's room count isn't one, but is two, and one of the rooms is sort of empty, (No person, or no warp to trigger a speech-scene.) You'll know that you're in one of those transitional screens where an event triggers a warp, but without activating the secret sounds. (There's a screen flag "No secret sounds.")

Just read over my previous post and you'll see what I mean. Don't give up on trying to understand it. Keep reading it and picture it in your mind.
    I'm not giving up on understanding it. And I can't get the quest until I ask my parents, and they'll probably say no (my mom set a limit of 2 quests at a time to me).

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.3%

Oh, rest assured, Pikaguy, ... that is the most absurd thing, ... ... *lol* ... ... Well, HoD (And any of Freedom's Quests. Any of 'em. Any at all.) are definitely the two quests you'd want on your hard drive at any given time. Definitely. Besides, why two? It's not like they're 10+ Mb. X x.

Just registered
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    43.77%

Oh, rest assured, Pikaguy, ... that is the most absurd thing, ... ... *lol* ... ... Well, HoD (And any of Freedom's Quests. Any of 'em. Any at all.) are definitely the two quests you'd want on your hard drive at any given time. Definitely. Besides, why two? It's not like they're 10+ Mb. X x.
    My parents just don't want me wasting too much of the hard drive on this computer. And it's not funny. I'm 14.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.3%

So? o.o I was roughly in your shoes when I was your age. How big is your hard drive, anyway? 5 Gig? 2? ._O If THAT was the case, I could understand. I just think two is pushing even pushing it.

Well, your .sav file can contain whatever you want. Hell, you can even save a .qsb file (Unencoded quest file.) and zip it. It condenses MUCH smaller than .qst files, so you can save unpassworded quests to your computer, like, .. three to one. Hope that helps. (It better. Or you really do have a 2 gb hard drive.)

Just registered
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    43.77%

So? o.o I was roughly in your shoes when I was your age. How big is your hard drive, anyway? 5 Gig? 2? ._O If THAT was the case, I could understand. I just think two is pushing even pushing it.

Well, your .sav file can contain whatever you want. Hell, you can even save a .qsb file (Unencoded quest file.) and zip it. It condenses MUCH smaller than .qst files, so you can save unpassworded quests to your computer, like, .. three to one. Hope that helps. (It better. Or you really do have a 2 gb hard drive.)
    Well, I don't know how big the hard drive is. I'm not really allowed to check that (one of the many reasons I still want the laptop they keep promising me). But I DO know that they want me to save most of the memory for homeschooling purposes.

Thread Information