3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.35%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Heal, Warp, Save Points:

What I have for Warp points, Heal/Magic restoration points, and Save Points:

The green, red, and blue stars are magic, health, and <both> restoration points. Done via the flag. The two blue oddly spindly things are save points. One is 4x3 and the other is 4x4. Just for kicks. The bottom green thing is a warp point. Not quite sure how I'll get it to work, but I think you'll be able to warp around the overworld using those points. I honestly have no idea how it'll work though, but I'm sure I'll figure something out.

Thoughts? Questions? Comments?

Otherwise, just a small update.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.41%

Re: Heal, Warp, Save Points:

Ohh, good looking. But I'm not sure if you need so many of them. I'd say the first one and the alternate colors would be enough for healing. Then one more for warping.
    Those could be nice "spells" for custom bosses, by the way.
    Link's Birthday DX
    Info+Download All gaming magazines give it a 10/10! (Yeah right.)
    Use beta 1.92 183 or beta 2.11 8+ only if you prefer not to continue in solid matter.

Pure Tileset Update Extreme
    Download - You'll like it!

Quest for Light Demo
    Download

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    73.92%

Nice. Also, I think I like the 4x4 save point more than the 4x3.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.48%

For the warps, here's an idea:
    You go on it, if it is opened, ant using the tilewarp, it warps you to an identical screen that says something like "To Northmost Mountain: Press Down" then you press down, and it takes you to the Northmost Mountain Warp point.
    Just an idea.

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.35%

Okay, um, can anyone do me a favor (AKA, "Do that thing were you assist in NeoFirst's construction like you wanted to." ) and recolor the bottom 5x5 green warp pad so it doesn't look all pixelly? Right now, in ZQuest it looks absolutely horrible. Thanks. (Remember, save it as a .gif, not a .jpg or .png.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Z
    Ohh, good looking. But I'm not sure if you need so many of them. I'd say the first one and the alternate colors would be enough for healing. Then one more for warping.
    Those could be nice "spells" for custom bosses, by the way.
    Heh. Oddly enough, I got them from a ToS Zelos Spritesheet. :p Concerning the Csets of these, I'm not really that worried about them. So far, Csets 0 and 1 are easily accountable for the Health and Both ones, and Cset 7 can handle the Magic Restore Symbol, but that's really all we'll need.

Although, ZQuest is doing something weird, in that I don't think Combo Aliases handle Alternate Csets (Cset2; the blue box in the individual combo editor.) all that well.

Also, I -REALLY- wish that we had some way of reminding us if we're working on Layer 0 or Layer <1-6> or not. >.<' I can't tell you how many times I thought I was applying things to layer 2, when I was applying them to layer 0 in actuality. So annoying, lol.

Also, I wish we could move around aliases like normal combos, with a combo alias page editor. The only way we have to work with these, as far as I know, is individually. It's very, very time consuming. Considering that NeoFirst will have a LOT of useful combo aliases, it'd be really nice if we could arrange, copy, paste, move, etc these Aliases.

jman2050, ya hear me dawg?

Quote Originally Posted by Rakki
    Nice. Also, I think I like the 4x4 save point more than the 4x3.
    Heh. I know what you mean. I do kinda think it looks -somewhat- better than the 4x3, but the 4x3 will be used in exactly the same way, but is meant to be used in Dungeons, where the screen is generaly more vertically symmetric. The 4x3 is meant to be used in dungeons, in the center horizontal row. The central row of the 4x3 formation will align with the verticla center of the room, if wished. It just looks better, I suppose. Not the symbol itself, but its position in the room.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Johnamus
    For the warps, here's an idea:
    You go on it, if it is opened, ant using the tilewarp, it warps you to an identical screen that says something like "To Northmost Mountain: Press Down" then you press down, and it takes you to the Northmost Mountain Warp point.
    Hm. Well, the thought I had concerning these, is that if you see one on the overworld, you can step into its center to warp to a pad in space which will then take you to a hub. The hub will initially perform a series of checks via Sensitive Warps to see which pads have been activated. They'll all be warp type "D" so it won't interfere with the other warps. Once the check is finished, you can step on any of the four sides to warp to that area of the overworld. BTW, there will only be one copy of the hub, since you'll only -NEED- one copy to get it done.

Ultimate Prankster Lucario QDB Manager
    Just registered
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    43.91%

Quote Originally Posted by Britannianhero4
    Hm. Well, the thought I had concerning these, is that if you see one on the overworld, you can step into its center to warp to a pad in space which will then take you to a hub. The hub will initially perform a series of checks via Sensitive Warps to see which pads have been activated. They'll all be warp type "D" so it won't interfere with the other warps. Once the check is finished, you can step on any of the four sides to warp to that area of the overworld. BTW, there will only be one copy of the hub, since you'll only -NEED- one copy to get it done.
    That sounds really cool, but I'm having a hard time gettign the idea of how you're going to do that with Sensitive warps imn my head. Could you please explain the process, please? (You don't have to, but I WOULD like to know how to do it.)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.35%

... Ah. Certainly. ... Yeah, it's ... really no simple process. At least by common means, anyway. °_°

I'm not 100% sure, but I think this will need to be done in order. You won't be able to trigger Warp B before warp A, etc.

So... Okay. You come across this 5x5 pad somewhere. You step on its center, which activates a tiered room secret toward a room I'm about to mention. Then you warp to a scene in space with this same pad, only the four circles on the outside are glowing and the one on the inside isn't. Since this is the first pad you've comes across though, only one circle is glowing. All along this pad are sensitive warps which look like the floor. They warp you to another identical copy of the room, except in this new copy, there's another circle glowing for you to walk on. Each pad you activate on the overworld activates another of these secrets to warp you to yet another identical room, each with more and more circles available to warp to. The sensitive warp allows you to not notice any transition. I hope I was clear enough, ...

Please, someone, ... recolor / renovate that warp pad? :| It's a necessity. Many thanks to anyone who can smooth it out.

Just registered
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    43.91%

... Ah. Certainly. ... Yeah, it's ... really no simple process. At least by common means, anyway. °_°

I'm not 100% sure, but I think this will need to be done in order. You won't be able to trigger Warp B before warp A, etc.

So... Okay. You come across this 5x5 pad somewhere. You step on its center, which activates a tiered room secret toward a room I'm about to mention. Then you warp to a scene in space with this same pad, only the four circles on the outside are glowing and the one on the inside isn't. Since this is the first pad you've comes across though, only one circle is glowing. All along this pad are sensitive warps which look like the floor. They warp you to another identical copy of the room, except in this new copy, there's another circle glowing for you to walk on. Each pad you activate on the overworld activates another of these secrets to warp you to yet another identical room, each with more and more circles available to warp to. The sensitive warp allows you to not notice any transition. I hope I was clear enough, ...

Please, someone, ... recolor / renovate that warp pad? :| It's a necessity. Many thanks to anyone who can smooth it out.
    So, it's like this:
    You enter the first warp. You appear in "space". When you step off the pad, the warps you have entered will activate, by the method of warping you depending on which warp you came from.

Wouldn't that mean you need 5+ screens for this one room? I'm still confused. How can you "activate" pads when you'tre only using one screen? And what are you going to do if people find a later pad before they should (i.e, someone activates pad 1, then finds pad 3 and activates it)?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.35%

Well, think about it. You're in the hub, right, ... ... and you need a way to make ZC "check" to see which pads you've activated. Can't warp to somewhere you haven't been yet, right? How do you suppose we do that? :p Really, let me hear your thoughts on the issue before I explain it again.

Just registered
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    43.91%

Well, think about it. You're in the hub, right, ... ... and you need a way to make ZC "check" to see which pads you've activated. Can't warp to somewhere you haven't been yet, right? How do you suppose we do that? :p Really, let me hear your thoughts on the issue before I explain it again.
    Well, I can't think of ANY ways to make ZC "check" to see which pads you'vce been in and which you haven't, since I've been told before that ZC's engine is a Zelda 1 engine. That, and I've been slow to understand things for a while.

Thread Information