3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.3%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Re: Level 2 Planning:

Dive = Press "A" (Or B, whatever.) to become submerged beneath the water for nearly three seconds, becoming invulnerable to everything, more or less, but moving slightly slower.

The screen flag toggles it for the whole screen, whereas the quest rule toggles it for the whole quest. The screen flag simply reverses the current screen's ability to dive. I.e. if for one screen both are off or both are on, you'll be able to dive. If either one of them is on while the other is off for any given screen, you won't be able to dive. Think of it as a positive times a positive, a negative times a negative, a negative times a positive, or a positive times a negative. The first two are -yes- dive, the second two are -no- dive.

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    73.74%

I know how that part works (:p), but I don't see what the problem with being able to dive, so we can dodge shots, is. Did you not want the player to have a safe haven in most of the water in the game?

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.3%

Actually no. I don't think the flippers will be readily available for most of the game. I mean, where WOULD the flippers be used? We don't even use them in L2! We use the raft and ladder for that. L3 probably won't have a drop of water in it anyway.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.3%

Quote Originally Posted by jman2050
    Boss: Orb of Chaos

Description: A floating orb that acts as the guardian of the dungeon. Surrounds itself with two orbs, a red one and a blue one. It moves around the stage while the orbs alternate attacks. Must destroy both orbs so you can hit the main orb, which turns from silver to dull grey and hits the ground. Hit the main orb 12 times to proceed. After a few hits the blue and red orbs will reform, and the attack begins again. The attacks of the red and blue orbs are as follows:

Red:
    1. Goes to high top of the screen (above reach of Link) and shoots streams of fire at various places.
    2. Quickly darts across the screen several times, leaving fire trails behind that damage Link
    3. Goes to random part of screen and starts firing fireballs. Is surrounding by disappearing and reappearing lava. Only hittable with hammer while this is going on

Blue:
    1. Goes to random part of screen and upon appearing, slashes a large ice sword in a certain direction
    2. Goes to high top of screen (above reach of Link) and causes icicles to fall onto the ground.
    3. Goes to random part of screen and shoots streams of ice either horizontally or vertically from the orb. Surrounding by disappearing and reappearing ice shards. Only hittable with hammer while this is going on.

Next form: After the orb is hit 12 times, it goes to the top of the screen and pushes Link to the bottom of the wall. The top half of the screen where the orb is turns into ice and the bottom half turns into the fiery part. The top has ice platforms with water while the bottom part has rocky paths with lava. For this phase, traverse the lava carefully, then walk up to the ice portion, where you have to use the ladder to go across the water. Get to the orb, and smash it with the hammer. Do this three times, and the orb is defeated. Oh, and in this phase fire will shoot from the sides in the bottom half, while ice crystals will be falling from the ceiling in the top half.

Ambitious yes, but I think it can work if one of our resident custom boss experts decides to work on it :)
    So jman will be building this boss.

[14:42] <jman2050> http://www.armageddongames.net/showp...7&postcount=10
    [14:42] <jman2050> remember this?
    [14:43] <jman2050> would you like me to add that boss to NeoFirst?
    [14:43] <Shoelace> :O
    [14:43] <jman2050> provided someone else does gfx though
    [14:43] <Shoelace> I would love that!
    [14:44] * Shoelace is not good at graphics.
    [14:44] <Shoelace> I am the one that trys to make unique puzzles so of course I will be using FF Scripting. I just need to figure it out. lol
    [14:45] <Shoelace> but I haven't had the time to figure it out yet.
    [14:45] <ShadowTiger> jman, that'd be wonderful! Sure, add the boss. What kind of graphics would you like? ... ... eh, I'll design 'em.
    [14:45] <jman2050> no editor in ZC yet
    [14:45] <jman2050> just three orbs
    [14:45] <jman2050> one 2x2
    [14:45] <jman2050> 2 of them 1x1
    [14:46] <ShadowTiger> Very easy. o.o
    [14:46] <jman2050> one silver, one red, one blue
    [14:46] <ShadowTiger> Any others? Lightning? Fire? Ice? ..
    [14:46] <jman2050> the environment will be a rocky one
    [14:46] <ShadowTiger> Oh, very much. 's rocky already.
    [14:46] <jman2050> it'll be normal color for the first form
    [14:46] <jman2050> then
    [14:46] <ShadowTiger> Then again, why not make these Rocks FF combos, so we can blow them away with boss attacks.
    [14:46] <jman2050> when the second form is done
    [14:47] <jman2050> the bottom half will be red
    [14:47] <jman2050> the top half will be blue
    [14:47] <jman2050> there'll be water on top
    [14:47] <ShadowTiger> What'll be the normal color? The Orb will be silver, .. then, .. .. okay, ..
    [14:47] <jman2050> and lava below
    [14:47] <ShadowTiger> Yep. Great for a Fire/Ice dungeon.
    [14:47] <jman2050> there'll be...
    [14:47] <jman2050> icicles
    [14:47] <jman2050> ireballs
    [14:48] <jman2050> anyway, icicles, fireballs, complete with shadows
    [14:48] <jman2050> and graphics for a large sword swing
    [14:48] <jman2050> say...
    [14:48] <jman2050> 3x3
    [14:48] <ShadowTiger> It'll swing a sword?
    [14:48] <jman2050> large icicle sword swing
    [14:49] <ShadowTiger> Ah. >.>
    [14:49] <jman2050> also, gfx for fire trails
    [14:49] <jman2050> and a beam of ice
    [14:49] <jman2050> going horizontally
    [14:49] <jman2050> and vertically
    [14:49] <jman2050> that should be it

Okay. Remember, anyone who wants to contribute towards this, feel free to do so.

Developer
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.58%

Here's my suggestion about the sun/moon motif I mentioned in some other topic. It isn't really very thought through at the moment.

* The "temperature switch room" would involve manipulating a stationary orb. When in the fire dungeon, this orb would resemble a fiery sun (with sunburst flares surrounding it) and in the ice dungeon, this orb would resemble a snow-white full moon. Blowing candlefire on the white moon would change it to the red sun, and hitting the red sun with the hammer would stamp out its flames, changing it to a moon. (This'd work better if the dungeon's initial state was ice.)
    * Of course, you don't get the hammer until after the other two items. So: when you enter the first switch room for the first time, an NPC will hit the red sun with his hammer and then escape. Later he'll be a miniboss you'll have to fight (or outwit?) to get the hammer.
    * Several rooms in the ice dungeon would be dark (or just dim), and with "nocturnal" enemies.
    * The motif would extend to the dungeon boss's appearance: The "Red Orb" would resemble the Red Sun, and the "Blue Orb" would resemble the White Moon.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.3%

Heh, I'm loving it already. :p I could really imagine all of that.

My Comments:

1) IMHO, it'd be far nicer if the Miniboss wouldn't have to stamp out the fires for you. Perhaps we could use the hookshot instead for some reason? We already have that, so...
    2) Nobody even knows what this miniboss is yet. Why would he/she/it/they/stuff help Link?
    3) This is probably the sort of thing where it's non-linear in that you can switch the cavern's temperature at will if you're in one of those change rooms.
    4) I'm definitely full on to the idea of changing the temperature of the orb to manipulate the entire dungeon.

Developer
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.58%

1) IMHO, it'd be far nicer if the Miniboss wouldn't have to stamp out the fires for you. Perhaps we could use the hookshot instead for some reason? We already have that, so...
    Well, here's how it goes: the dungeon starts off in Fire mode. You explore as much as you can and get the ladder. When you use it to get to the switch room, the mystery person changes it to Ice mode, and also damages the room such that you can't change it back to Fire mode. Then you do some more exploring, get the raft, and use it to find another switch room to make it Fire mode again. Then you do some more exploring, beat the miniboss and get the hammer. Then the serious switching-related puzzles come into play.

But the hookshot... well, the hookshot's hook freezes enemies, so maybe it could "freeze!" the orb? (Okay, listen, that pun doesn't leave this topic.)

2) Nobody even knows what this miniboss is yet. Why would he/she/it/they/stuff help Link?
    Back when I wrote the "What will the Quest tokens be?" topic, I was kind of half-thinking that the token for Sun & Moon Dungeon would be Zora's Sapphire. The miniboss would be a "rival hero" who'd be questing for the Sapphire as well, and he'd be an ocean zora (and would attack you with MM-style zora fin boomerangs!)

...but, you know, since we're using the tainted Triforce for the quest tokens, this may have to change. I still like the "rival hero" idea, though.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.3%

Well I like the concept, myself. If you can plot out the course of the dungeon, as well as the miniboss, before anyone else plans out L2, we'll use that design.

Thread Information