Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.6%

Re: Level 2 Planning:

I take it since you're putting forth this description that you're planning on adding some features to the freeform combo system to make this setup a bit easier? :)

Developer
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.14%

maybe :)
    AGN's Resident Zelda Classic Developer and Sonic the Hedgehog Fanboy

Ultimate Prankster Lucario QDB Manager
    Just registered
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    43.89%

Quote Originally Posted by jman2050
    Boss: Orb of Chaos

Description: A floating orb that acts as the guardian of the dungeon. Surrounds itself with two orbs, a red one and a blue one. It moves around the stage while the orbs alternate attacks. Must destroy both orbs so you can hit the main orb, which turns from silver to dull grey and hits the ground. Hit the main orb 12 times to proceed. After a few hits the blue and red orbs will reform, and the attack begins again. The attacks of the red and blue orbs are as follows:

Red:
    1. Goes to high top of the screen (above reach of Link) and shoots streams of fire at various places.
    2. Quickly darts across the screen several times, leaving fire trails behind that damage Link
    3. Goes to random part of screen and starts firing fireballs. Is surrounding by disappearing and reappearing lava. Only hittable with hammer while this is going on

Blue:
    1. Goes to random part of screen and upon appearing, slashes a large ice sword in a certain direction
    2. Goes to high top of screen (above reach of Link) and causes icicles to fall onto the ground.
    3. Goes to random part of screen and shoots streams of ice either horizontally or vertically from the orb. Surrounding by disappearing and reappearing ice shards. Only hittable with hammer while this is going on.

Next form: After the orb is hit 12 times, it goes to the top of the screen and pushes Link to the bottom of the wall. The top half of the screen where the orb is turns into ice and the bottom half turns into the fiery part. The top has ice platforms with water while the bottom part has rocky paths with lava. For this phase, traverse the lava carefully, then walk up to the ice portion, where you have to use the ladder to go across the water. Get to the orb, and smash it with the hammer. Do this three times, and the orb is defeated. Oh, and in this phase fire will shoot from the sides in the bottom half, while ice crystals will be falling from the ceiling in the top half.

Ambitious yes, but I think it can work if one of our resident custom boss experts decides to work on it :)
    WOAH. Now THAT sounds like a good boss. Even better than Twinrova! Although Twinrova is a good idea to me, seeing as how they use the same types of attacks as the themes to the dungeon.

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    73.89%

And once again, I have to say that we should probably make as much of this quest as we can, custom. Including bosses. :p Now I don't have any ideas for a boss (or bosses?) for this place yet, but I don't think we should use any of the bosses from real Zelda games.

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    73.89%

Just posting some ideas I was discussing in chat with ST so he can look back on them in post-form later on. Some of you guys should really join us in chat some time, seriously. A lot of cool ideas get tossed around. :p

So, for anyone it concerns, Room State Carryovers only work on the LOWEST level of secrets, as in, the first secrets triggered in the screen. By this I mean, tiered secrets aren't permanently triggered by carryovers. For anyone working on dungeon plans, this is probably a good piece of information to know.

Also, whatever the boss of this dungeon is going to be, I figured we could have the player end up in the ice version of the boss room at the end of the dungeon, so they get to see this boss in suspended animation before they fight it. Obviously there'd be a warp to the fire version of this room right IN the room. Whether or not there would be a warp back to the ice version (as in, whether or not switching between fire and ice will be used in the boss fight) is yet to be decided, I think.

Just registered
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    43.89%

I had this odd idea for the second dungeon earlier this morning...

Why not have piillars of flame come out of the floor and certain holes in the dungeon when it's in its Fire state, and when it's covered with Ice, there are cracks in the floor where the fire was coming out of the floor, and where there were holes, there is now water that you can dive in to get to a new place (and yes, it WOULD be right, because first, the flame shooter would freeze, then thaw because of the fire it contains. However, the water AND cold temperatures make the machine malfunction, so all that's left is water). Sounds fun, huh? The underwater areas could probably just have some optional items, like Pieces of Heart (I never call them Heart Container Pieces. They've NEVER been called that except in ZC.) or Magic Containers.

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.34%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Sure, fire jets are certainly possible. :) The diving, however, ... I'm not so sure about. I don't think I'll be having the dive feature activated in NeoFirst, except for a few screens. I don't even remember if you could dive in ALTTP. o.O' (Even if you could, I wouldn't care. :p ) We're here to show off new features. We'll need to show off the "Toggle Diving" features as well. Thus, perhaps we could have some screens where you'd have to dive to get an item. Good thinking pikaguy.

Also, whatever the boss of this dungeon is going to be, I figured we could have the player end up in the ice version of the boss room at the end of the dungeon, so they get to see this boss in suspended animation before they fight it. Obviously there'd be a warp to the fire version of this room right IN the room. Whether or not there would be a warp back to the ice version (as in, whether or not switching between fire and ice will be used in the boss fight) is yet to be decided, I think.
    I would love to see the boss encased in ice when you first see it. Just need to figure out what that boss -IS- ...

Just registered
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    43.89%

Quote Originally Posted by Britannianhero4
    Sure, fire jets are certainly possible. :) The diving, however, ... I'm not so sure about. I don't think I'll be having the dive feature activated in NeoFirst, except for a few screens. I don't even remember if you could dive in ALTTP. o.O' (Even if you could, I wouldn't care. :p ) We're here to show off new features. We'll need to show off the "Toggle Diving" features as well. Thus, perhaps we could have some screens where you'd have to dive to get an item. Good thinking pikaguy.
    Unfortunately, it DIDN'T have diving, which kind of disappointed me after playing all the other Zelda games (including the GBA version) before the SNES version of ALttP.... Oh, and what's the point of using the "Toggle Diving" rule/flag (I forgot which it is) if you're not going to have rooms that you CAN dive in? Or maybe you could simply make the "diving" areas swim warps... Just a thought there...

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.34%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Well since there is both a quest rule AND a screen flag, it's basically the difference between constructing a two color image of a white foreground against a black background versus a black foreground against a white background. Two different ways of going about roughly the same image. Since I don't want the player to be able to dive in roughly 95% of the entire quest, the screen flag "Toggle diving" will only have to be set on a few screens.

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    73.89%

Wait, I'm confused. I thought the screen flag was to toggle whether or not you could SWIM in a screen? I don't see what the problem with being able to dive is, since it doesn't take you under the water like it does in Oracle of Ages. Perhaps you could explain the problem to me, ST?

Thread Information