So far, Level 2 has been "Confirmed" to be an Ice/Fire dungeon. You will have areas within the dungeon which will cool the entire dungeon down or heat the entire dungeon up. Picture Shoelace's Hero of Dreams Level 4. (The Sandy Dungeon, Cerbat Shrine.) It will all be occupying the same space, only the terrain will be different through out, as seen here:

Hot Dungeon:
  • Ice and Water evaporates. Puddles and patches of ice seen in the ice dungeon will evaporate, and you'll be able to see and affect tiles underneath. If you could see a button or trigger under the ice, but couldn't effect it before, you can now.
  • Holes and pits seen in the Ice Dungeon will now also be made unwalkable rather than able to be slowly walked over by being filled with ice or water. (Swimmable, I suppose.)
  • Large blocks of ice will melt into puddles, opening up areas to walk through.

Ice Dungeon:
  • Puddles will start to form in various places, obscuring the floor. Some of it will freeze over and obstruct your access to floor-based items, such as buttons and triggers and pressure plates, and may obstruct the movement of blocks that you could otherwise push. (Note: If a button is under a puddle, you may still affect it. You simply will not be able to see it.)
  • Holes and pits -may- fill with water. It will either be shallow water, or deep water to be sailed over in a raft.
  • Puddles existent in the Fire Dungeon will freeze to form large blocks of ice which will block your way. Some of them will be smashable with the hammer, though I don't plan on having many of them smashable at all.

I -think- what I'm going to do with the ice blocks, is make an "Ice block" graphic and a "chipped ice" graphic, just because we can. Like, .. you can chip away at it with the hammer, and it'd make a little chip in it, but it wouldn't break. That'd be cute, don't you think? :p Wouldn't take that much of an effort either.
Music:

The Ice Dungeon should sound something similar to Castlevania: Aria Of Sorrow: Underground Reservoir.

The Fire Dungeon, ... well, ... I haven't -quite- picked something out, but it could sound something like MaxX Cremation, (3.18 MB.) or something like Metroid Prime Main Menu Theme. Just a thought. :p It needs to be blazing and quite intense, like walking around inside a furnace.

Obviously, ... rest assured, ... the temperature changes within this particular Dungeon will be -QUITE- dramatic, considering the differences in the music.

Now, as for the items, I plan on allowing the structure of the dungeon to be assisted by the order which you recieve the items.

The ladder will definitely come first, as the dungeon will start off in the Fire aspect of the dungeon. You will need to go through the entire dungeon, doing what you can with what limited resources you have, (Don't bother with the hookshot, as there's nothing hookshottable in the dungeon. Wood burns, remember? And ice is too hard to hookshot.) until you reach the ladder, where you can then proceed back to a temperature changing station somewhere else. It'll probably be by the entrance, I suppose. MAYBE.

Then, with the dungeon in its Ice phase, you'd find many things frozen over with many new passages opened up and with an ice floor over pits, but with many old passages frozen over by large blocks of ice that you cannot possibly hope to break through. (EXCEPT possibly with a hammer. ) So, we'll need to get that hammer to break through the ice. I suppose we could have a section of deep water which would be unpassable by the ladder in the Fire dungeon, and totally frozen over in the Ice dungeon, so you'd need the raft to get by in the Fire dungeon, and the hammer to smash your way through in the Ice dungeon. Thus, your next quest is for the hammer. When you finally have the hammer, you'll find the raft available as well, and can finally go to the Fire boss in the Fire area.
Of course, then, you'd have to consider what the boss would do. Perhaps this could be a hybrid of fire and ice? Thoughts, anyone? ... Perhaps smashing his icy hands with the hammer, then attacking his heart of fire (Heh, kidding. XD ) with something?