User Tag List

Thread: I'm Back, and I am working on a new quest!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    76.45%

Unverified Bug I'm Back, and I am working on a new quest!!!

Anyways, as some of you may or may not have heard I have returned to be a Zelda Classic quest maker once again.

I am making a quest based on Metroid. It has the basic Metroid playstyle and what have you. I am going to try to throw out the old Triforce collecting BS and I am making it so where just like in regular Metroid you go a ways then you have to go somewhere else and get a new weapon, then go back to where you were stuck at... I am probably going to incorperate those annoying Bounty Hunters from Metroid Prime: Hunters.

Okay, now this is where I feel like a noobie. How do I load my custom quest to playtest? Bear with me guys I have not made a quest in years, back when Zelda Classic 2.0 was like 2 years over due. Anyways any ideas and or comments are welcome.

***By the way whoever runs the Quest Database, I have noticed that there are some astard-bays posting stupid spam comments about peoples quests, including some loser with an unnatural affinity for cowbells?!***
    I am watching you...ALWAYS. The Magma Lord

My quests, including the people's choice for Best Overall Quest for 2001 (Final Fantasy: The Second Quest), can be found in the following link. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Magma_Lord_QD/

The Original Group Quest Leader

I'M BACK BABY!

Ultimate Prankster Lucario QDB Manager
    Just registered
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    43.91%

Re: I'm Back, and I am working on a new quest!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MagmaLord
    Anyways, as some of you may or may not have heard I have returned to be a Zelda Classic quest maker once again.

I am making a quest based on Metroid. It has the basic Metroid playstyle and what have you. I am going to try to throw out the old Triforce collecting BS and I am making it so where just like in regular Metroid you go a ways then you have to go somewhere else and get a new weapon, then go back to where you were stuck at... I am probably going to incorperate those annoying Bounty Hunters from Metroid Prime: Hunters.

Okay, now this is where I feel like a noobie. How do I load my custom quest to playtest? Bear with me guys I have not made a quest in years, back when Zelda Classic 2.0 was like 2 years over due. Anyways any ideas and or comments are welcome.

***By the way whoever runs the Quest Database, I have noticed that there are some astard-bays posting stupid spam comments about peoples quests, including some loser with an unnatural affinity for cowbells?!***
    Ooh, if you're going to add the Hunters, please don't do your best to make Trace as hard as he is in Metroid Prime: Hunters. I don't like him because he can defeat me EASILY with his Alt-form and the Imperialist.

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    73.92%

I'm sure you'll go "Oh, that's right!" as soon as you read this. Anywho, to load a custom quest, register your name as normal, then press A to choose the custom quest. Then just browse for the quest, hit okay, and hit enter. Sound familiar? :p

Hacking up an Octorock
    QDB Manager
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.14%

Quote Originally Posted by MagmaLord
    No one is running the quest database.
    The ZC.com Database is alive!!
    __________________________________________________ _____

Curent Quest(s) :
    The Ring of Time.
    Working on whistle village.
    __________________________________________________ ______

Need help with bridges? Check out my tutorial HERE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    76.45%

Quote Originally Posted by Rakki
    I'm sure you'll go "Oh, that's right!" as soon as you read this. Anywho, to load a custom quest, register your name as normal, then press A to choose the custom quest. Then just browse for the quest, hit okay, and hit enter. Sound familiar? :p
    Yep, tanks much. Anyway, I have finished the first level, "Ice planet Hoth", and am currently working on the Forest Ruins. Anyway I have the quest set up so that the levels are set off into sections Like in Metroid, where you can't proceed till you get a certain weapon.

:reading: And on a somewhat unrelated note, I was thinking of making a quest that has all of the items and stuff from ZC, but is in original Zelda style and graphics. What ya'll think about that idea?

My quests, including the people's choice for Best Overall Quest for 2001 (Final Fantasy: The Second Quest), can be found in the following link. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Magma_Lord_QD/

I'M BACK BABY!

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    73.92%

I don't know how others feel, but if the quest is fun to play, I have no problems with the original graphics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    76.45%

Ok, guys sorry to stay out of touch for so long, I haven't been working on the quest for a while, but I might do some more this coming week. I read some the old archived post back when I released Slave Ship, which was the last quest that I released back before I vanished, and anyway I am creating this quest with freeform dungeons and level hub. If memory serves me, I have finished the first two or three levels, or rather the first two "boss areas" seeing as how the levels you backtrack to, therefore to say that they are finished would be an exaggeration.

I so need a life...

Oh, and I got RPG Maker 3 for the PS2, and I am making a Legend of Zelda RPG.

I'M BACK BABY!

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.34%

Any screens your willing to post?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    76.45%

Quote Originally Posted by batosaijosh
    Any screens your willing to post?
    I might post some, but I really haven't in the past.

I'M BACK BABY!

Thread Information