vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    16.23%

Re: Illegal Immigrants

Quote Originally Posted by Beldaran
    We need to send them home
    do you think they even have homes to go back to?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    54.21%

True enough, to a point, Cops, but we most of us, as far as I know, aren't registered to vote in other countries. Besides, if start telling other countries what to do all the time, foreigners hate us because we're imperialist pigs, etc. There's no magic bullet for this problem. No easy solution, no easy fix.

The harsh reality is, this world is just not as friendly as it used to be, and an open door policy in regards to immigration just isn't feasible. As much as some people would like to think, America just can't police the entire world. Beefing up security at our borders, keeping people out, these things might not be kind or politically correct, but it's the easiest blanket solution to safeguard our country. The safer we want to be, the more freedom we're going to have to sacrifice, both within our borders and without.

--------

You reposted before I did. Blast!

Yes, they DO have homes to go back to, but it all depends on what you consider a home. We're used to living in good quality homes on our own property here. In poorer countries, people are used to less. Granted, some people are used to a lot less, but not everyone in mexico is as bad off as you think.

Hero For Hire

Quality Heroics At Affordable Prices!
    -Perfect For All Occasions, Including Office Parties
    -Prices Halved For Qualifying Maidens
    -Accepts All Major Credit Cards
    -We Now Handle Giant Bats And Snakes!
    -Zombie Proof Your Home For Free With Purchase Of Any Service Package

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    63.88%

Your right, some of the things I said were racist.
    Not all the hispanics do the aweful things I described.
    I realize they are individuals

I do happen to be part Cherokee, but not enough to use it as an excuse.

History will tell you that mass immigration, has always caused people to get angry.

Call it racism if you want, but to be honest, as a whole, the hispanic immigrants have done nothing for me except make my life harder.

The mass immigrations you are referring to happened long ago, there was alot more room for them way back then.

We don't have room here to handle Mexico's overpopulation problem.

And your saying that I should help Mexico, so that they dont have to come here?
    Crap, either way I have to pay for their problems.
    :shakeno:
    Indifference is the severance of mankind

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    16.23%

Quote Originally Posted by {DSG}DarkRaven
    True enough, to a point, Cops, but we most of us, as far as I know, aren't registered to vote in other countries. Besides, if start telling other countries what to do all the time, foreigners hate us because we're imperialist pigs, etc. There's no magic bullet for this problem. No easy solution, no easy fix.

The harsh reality is, this world is just not as friendly as it used to be, and an open door policy in regards to immigration just isn't feasible. As much as some people would like to think, America just can't police the entire world. Beefing up security at our borders, keeping people out, these things might not be kind or politically correct, but it's the easiest blanket solution to safeguard our country. The safer we want to be, the more freedom we're going to have to sacrifice, both within our borders and without.
    I guess im too idealistic. Though i dont like it, what youre saying is probably the most logical solution for now. Though i dont know how they are going to keep out immigrants who are coming in the millions. and to get off topic for a second no one is looking at how fast the human population is growing. but illegal immigration and overpopulation would be the least of our worries, with global warming and all.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    63.88%

Quote Originally Posted by copsgotguns
    First of all, if you are not of native american descent this is not "YOUR" country. your family immigrated here just like any other family at one point. i dont recall reading that when christopher colombus came here he was greeted by blonde haired blue eyed people.

People who are for or against immigration reform both have valid points but we cant just deport every single illegal immigrant or continue to let them come over illegally. Is anyone raising the question as to WHY theyre are willing to come here, leaving everything behind from their native country, risking their life crossing over, working for meager wages and usually live in poverty. dont you think the their living conditions could have been worse in their own country.

Instead of saying dont let illegal immigrants come here, we should be saying what could be done in their own countries so they wouldnt have to come here.

also i would like to say that i am a hispanic. my grandparents immigrated here, became citizens, learned a substancial amount of english [though with heavy accents] and worked hard until they were both 65. im the first member of my family to attend college. my family was given an oppurtunity to make a life for themselves here. other should have the same oppurtunity whether they come illegally or not in my opinion.

i dont think it would be right for it to be a FELONY for being an illegal alien or helping one.
    and regarding comments made by granite.. i find it highly racist when people refer to other races with words like 'THEIR', 'THOSE PEOPLE', 'THEM'. i dont know in what context you were using the words in, but thats how i took it.
    I have nothing against you personally, but what your saying is that since your family immigrated here from Mexico
    now you want to make it easier for more mexican immigrants to follow.

Thanks for helping make my point!

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    16.23%

Quote Originally Posted by granite
    I have nothing against you personally, but what your saying is that since your family immigrated here from Mexico
    now you want to make it easier for more mexican immigrants to follow.

Thanks for helping make my point!
    woops. probably should have stated..im from the dominican republic.

and i didnt say i wanted to make it easier, im saying it shouldnt be a felony to be one or to help one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    54.21%

That's the thing, Cops. You're only thinking in regards to the current issue. Illegal immigration is MUCH bigger than the southwest border. Mexican immigration is easy to pass off because so many people do it, and quite honestly, most of them are just looking for a better quality of life. The real problem stems from economic issues, drug trafficing, terrorism, black market weapons and organs, things like that. People get hung up on a hot button issue like this and fail to see the whole. It's not immigration that's a problem, it's not even illegal immigration that's so bad. It's rampant illegal immigration, and with a higher number of immigrants, you get a higher number of bad apples.

Hero For Hire

Quality Heroics At Affordable Prices!
    -Perfect For All Occasions, Including Office Parties
    -Prices Halved For Qualifying Maidens
    -Accepts All Major Credit Cards
    -We Now Handle Giant Bats And Snakes!
    -Zombie Proof Your Home For Free With Purchase Of Any Service Package

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    98.05%

Quote Originally Posted by copsgotguns
    First of all, if you are not of native american descent this is not "YOUR" country. your family immigrated here just like any other family at one point. i dont recall reading that when christopher colombus came here he was greeted by blonde haired blue eyed people.

People who are for or against immigration reform both have valid points but we cant just deport every single illegal immigrant or continue to let them come over illegally. Is anyone raising the question as to WHY theyre are willing to come here, leaving everything behind from their native country, risking their life crossing over, working for meager wages and usually live in poverty. dont you think the their living conditions could have been worse in their own country.

Instead of saying dont let illegal immigrants come here, we should be saying what could be done in their own countries so they wouldnt have to come here.

also i would like to say that i am a hispanic. my grandparents immigrated here, became citizens, learned a substancial amount of english [though with heavy accents] and worked hard until they were both 65. im the first member of my family to attend college. my family was given an oppurtunity to make a life for themselves here. other should have the same oppurtunity whether they come illegally or not in my opinion.

i dont think it would be right for it to be a FELONY for being an illegal alien or helping one.
    and regarding comments made by granite.. i find it highly racist when people refer to other races with words like 'THEIR', 'THOSE PEOPLE', 'THEM'. i dont know in what context you were using the words in, but thats how i took it.
    I'm aware Europeans are "foreign" here as well...most people are, but that doesn't change the current system of government. If we magically decided to give the government back to the Native Americans tommorow, would be "right"? Possibly. Would it create mass chaos and fuck up the entire nation for an indefinate amount of time? Yes.

I'm Italian, and my family was the "mexicans" of their generation when they immigrated, but they were assimilated because they WANTED to learn how to be American, and BE American. We assimilated culturally and became a part of society. When you're dealing with a minority immigrant that is seperatist this usually isn't the case. Especially in a culture that is tripping over itself to be PC and give special treatment. If you give a group like that special/different treatment for a long time, it hinders them assimilating into normal society in many cases.

And yes, MEXICO should be evaluating their own fucked up government that causes so much of their population to live terribly and then flee. Not America. We can't always be Team America: World Police.

We're dealing with the current problem in our nation of an impoverished country's population pouring into ours and recieving government services while not paying government taxes. That is the issue currently. If any nation has a ton of immigrants who would like to come in legally and work, that's great. I'd prefer they at least be documented so we can be sure they're free of foreign diseases.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    63.88%

Here where I live there are several places where the Illegal's gather to wait for someone to drive up and hire them.

I dont understand why this is allowed to happen.

You would think that since the are involved with illegal activity, I should be able to call the sheriff, have them arrested.
    But no, the sheriff will say that it is an INS problem. And there is nothing they can do.

Gives me an idea, I am going to call INS and complain about it.
    I have even thought about going to these places with a video camera, to catch it on tape.

But I figured if I did that, I would become a target , and probably end up dead.

I have been checking into the organization called the Minute Men. But they only patrol th border.

I need help HERE, there must be a way I can influence the law to do their job.

If I witness any other crime, I can call the cops, and they are obligated to investigate.

Sombody please tell me what I can do about it here, in northern California. :mad:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.81%

The apartment full of mexicans next to me is stuffed more then a bean burrito. We dont want anymore illegal immigrants to enter the United States. If the United States wants to change the law from a civil violation to a felony, then im all for it.

Thread Information