0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    56.07%

Re: Illegal Immigrants

Quote Originally Posted by Beldaran
    Also, business owners who hire an illegal immigrant should lose their business and have all the money donated to charity.
    What about businesses who own sweatshops overseas and pay less than a can of pepsi for their labor? Because, you know, a LOT of businesses do that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    54.62%

Quote Originally Posted by AlexMax
    What about businesses who own sweatshops overseas and pay less than a can of pepsi for their labor? Because, you know, a LOT of businesses do that.
    Their American branches should be shut down and they should pay a fee proportional to their domestic sales. I'd be happy with that.

Illegal immigrants are just that: illegal. They broke our laws coming here, and like anyone on our soil, should be punished accordingly. The problem is, there are apparently 20 million of them, and that's no easy task. Deporting them would be very, very difficult, and could take years, not to mention lots and lots of money and manpower. Granting them amnesty would mean an immediate boost to our population, and might well wreak havoc on all sorts of census related things, like taxes, school funding, welfare, etc.

The issue is highly political, and that's why it's such a big deal. Any way you act on it, it's unpopular with millions of people, many of whom either make the country function or are registered voters. I've got nothing against immigrants, and heck, I am Mexican by blood, but sneaking into a country is illegal, and just because lots of people do it, doesn't mean it's not.

Hero For Hire

Quality Heroics At Affordable Prices!
    -Perfect For All Occasions, Including Office Parties
    -Prices Halved For Qualifying Maidens
    -Accepts All Major Credit Cards
    -We Now Handle Giant Bats And Snakes!
    -Zombie Proof Your Home For Free With Purchase Of Any Service Package

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    98.36%

The problem is they're making a racial issue out of it instead of an economic one. People are saying "um, you're ILLEGAL, that's why you're breaking the law" and they're saying "omfg U HATE ME BECAUSE I'M MEXICCAAAAN".

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.85%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Quote Originally Posted by Lilith
    The problem is they're making a racial issue out of it instead of an economic one. People are saying "um, you're ILLEGAL, that's why you're breaking the law" and they're saying "omfg U HATE ME BECAUSE I'M MEXICCAAAAN".
    Precisely. The reason I dislike illegal immigrants is not because they are [insert race]. It's because they move here, don't learn the language, fark up the economy, cause rampant crime, and build communities in which everyone has 29853 kids and no education. Then they blame me for it because I'm white.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Marsden's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.74%

We focused on the illegal immigrant problem for a month or two here over the pond a year or so ago. Quite frankly, I don't mind, as long as they learn to speak good English, avoid breaking the law and (if they work in a corner shop) don't charge over 60 pence for a can of Coke. Well, that's how I felt when I was at Univeristy... We don't have many foreign people living where I am. The only ones I can think of are the guys who run that yummy pizza/chicken takeaway down the road, and they're pretty nice.
    AGN's resident Doctor Who, Star Wars and Torchwood fan

Current life projects: Survive job, stay awake, write stuff, find new job. Not in that order.

Hey, I do online reviews now! Check out my site to see the latest videos.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.57%

Oh, this is great. Finally I get my chance to be heard.
    I live in Lake Tahoe, California
    Starting about 20 yrs ago, the hispanics started comming here for work.
    At first there were just a few.
    People here started hiring them for labor work.
    Since then they just kept comming

I am a stone mason, and naturally they gravitated towards my kind of work.
    Now all the contractors hire them , and teach them the trade.
    And now the contractors are complaining that they cant make money anymore.
    It's because the Hispanics became skilled labor, and now there are crews of them, working under the table, doing the same thing I do, and they work for less money than i will.
    So they have driven the price of masonry way down, and now it's hard to compete with them.
    They have been taking work that I used to get.

Now if I want to work for a contractor, I have to work with the Hispanics.
    Which means I have to listen to their music all day, and wonder what they are talking about, The days are gone, when every job I worked on listened to rock and roll, now, every job site is all spanish, all the time.
    They force their way of life on me, I dont want to be mexican,
    and I dont want to listen to their music.
    Mark my words, these people are not stupid, soon they will become better skilled, some are becomming educated, others are getting into politics.
    So the argument that they only take labor jobs is bs.
    Soon they will be taking your job too.
    Also there is a matter of respect, many of them have no respect for us white folk.
    They come here and litter my beautiful mountains with garbage.
    I see them throwing their garbage out of their cars while driving.
    Also, my 9yr old daughter was going to a school here where she was the minority.
    The school was teaching half the day in spanish, the other half in english, which I had a real problem with.
    Then the school informs me that they want to start a class that was 100% spanish all the time, and asked if I wanted my daughter to be in the class.
    But the worse thing about it was that most of the Hispanic men I have met around here have no respect for women.
    They teach their kids the same.
    So my daughter would be in school and the hispanic boys would say all these discusting and nasty things to her, alot of it was sexual harassment.
    So I had to take my daughter out of the school and send her to a school that was predominately white, and things were alot better for her.

Another problem I have is when I take my girlfriend out to dinner etc.. I will be with her , and its obvious she is with me, I have had the mexican men make rude gestures to her when I wasnt looking, then when I look, they turn their head as if nothing was going on. This has happened several times, but my girlfriend wont tell me when its happening because she is afraid of what might happen.
    Well i will tell you whats going to happen, I will probably go to jail for assault with intent to kill.

Pretty soon I will have to move from here, I will go to northern Idaho, to get away from them, eventually I plan to move to Mexico, because they will all be living here.

I'm sure many of you will think I'm a racist, and i dont care, they are taking over my way of life, taking money out of my pocket, treating my women like crud, littering my countryside. I want them out before they ruin my country.

I think that right now, this is THE most important topic in the forums.
    Think about this, soon our govenment will decide on this issue, what they decide will effect all our lives from now on.
    If they decide to allow these illegal aliens, to become citizens, then how likely will it become easier for them to bring the rest of their family here?
    They will all have the right to apply for welfare, food stamps, etc.
    They WILL take jobs away from the rest of us sooner or later,
    It all boils down to competition, if you dont mind competing with them
    then go ahead and let them in.
    Think about how it will effect your children, all those extra people to compete with, as if it's not hard enough already.

It's not about racism, its about competition!
    We need to take a stand against it, before it's too late.
    Indifference is the severance of mankind

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    86.5%

Quote Originally Posted by granite
    SNIPPED, on request of Granite.
    I understand what you're talking about, I have the same problem in my town with uneducated black people. Just replace all of your instances of Mexican/Spanish with Black/Black History and you've just described my school and my town. I just mentioned this to say no I don't think you're a racist...

Monica
    ~~~
    [12:41] heroknight21: Yeah, I've got Netzero.
    [12:41] MetallixGirl84: Eww lol
    [12:41] heroknight21: Yeah. Makes the internet look like vomit for only $5 more a month!

~~~
    AIM: MetallixGirl84 MSN: [email protected] Yahoo: MetallixGirl84
    Xanga Myspace

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Marsden's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.74%

Man, that sucks ass. I totally sympathise. You're right, there's not an awful lot you can do about it. All I can say is... They Took Your Job!

(I feel such a nerd posting that, but trust me, it'll make you smile)
    AGN's resident Doctor Who, Star Wars and Torchwood fan

Current life projects: Survive job, stay awake, write stuff, find new job. Not in that order.

Hey, I do online reviews now! Check out my site to see the latest videos.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    17%

First of all, if you are not of native american descent this is not "YOUR" country. your family immigrated here just like any other family at one point. i dont recall reading that when christopher colombus came here he was greeted by blonde haired blue eyed people.

People who are for or against immigration reform both have valid points but we cant just deport every single illegal immigrant or continue to let them come over illegally. Is anyone raising the question as to WHY theyre are willing to come here, leaving everything behind from their native country, risking their life crossing over, working for meager wages and usually live in poverty. dont you think the their living conditions could have been worse in their own country.

Instead of saying dont let illegal immigrants come here, we should be saying what could be done in their own countries so they wouldnt have to come here.

also i would like to say that i am a hispanic. my grandparents immigrated here, became citizens, learned a substancial amount of english [though with heavy accents] and worked hard until they were both 65. im the first member of my family to attend college. my family was given an oppurtunity to make a life for themselves here. other should have the same oppurtunity whether they come illegally or not in my opinion.

i dont think it would be right for it to be a FELONY for being an illegal alien or helping one.
    and regarding comments made by granite.. i find it highly racist when people refer to other races with words like 'THEIR', 'THOSE PEOPLE', 'THEM'. i dont know in what context you were using the words in, but thats how i took it.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.85%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Quote Originally Posted by copsgotguns
    First of all, if you are not of native american descent this is not "YOUR" country.
    It is too our country. We're legal citizens of a government by the people and for the people. We vote, we elect representatives, we are certainly allowed to have an opinion about OUR country.

Quote Originally Posted by copsgotguns
    we should be saying what could be done in their own countries so they wouldnt have to come here.
    We should tie our hands with regards to immigration and wait for Mexico to fix its economy? I don't think so. We should be talking about solutions to the problem, rather than having a little hippy circle jerk about how we need to all get along. Illegal immigrants come here and cause problems. If they came here and made things better, it wouldn't be a problem. We need to send them home and keep them from coming back unless they are citizens.

Thread Information