I have a working map of the overworld that I'm drawing in my spare time while I'm at school. However, until then, this map will have to suffice. =/

(Holy cow these things are hard to read and maintain. @_@' )

..0.1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9.A.B.C.D.E.F.
.+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
0|m|D|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|<|D|>|
1|m|m|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|s|
2|s|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|
3|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|
4|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|
5|.|.|.|.|.|L|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|
6|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|D|.|
7|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|s|.|

L = Link's starting position
D = Forest Dungeon
D = IceFire Dungeon
<D> = Final Dungeon
m = Maze
s = Save Point

Obviously, that's not it. That's just the -BASIC- design that I had in mind. In the upper left and lower left corners, (Basically the entire left few screens of the map.) are composed of a dense, mystical forest. the entire central column is composed of a combination of plains, hills, towns, etc. The "usual" stuff. Nothing out of the ordinary. Mostly for hiding HCP's. :p The lower right corner will be VERY mountainous, with possible rivers and lavaflows. I plan on having a flaming area somewhere near the edge too. The upper right area is the charred zone. The music is calm, but eerie around those areas. It'll house the remnants of the Temple of Light.

Ignore this map. I worked hard on it and don't want to erase it.
o+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+
0|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|
o+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+----+
1|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|
2|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|
3|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|
4|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|
5|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|
6|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|
7|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|