Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    98.1%

Re: Beta 11 Suggestions

Wait, with that subscreen problem, you could have a multi-screen subscreen, like maybe split into items, equipment and map, so then it would be something like New Z3 subscreen or something.

Multiple buttons would be good for extra items, maybe that can be supported with a quest rule, not that we really need it, but an action button would be good.
    Avatar: Just who the SPAAAACE do you think I am?

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    69.24%

I made a quick picure on what one way a zelda 3 subscreen would look like.

I made this without anything from ZC because I can't get that one working right. I ripped these from the game itself.

EDIT:optional change-horizontal magic bar like in bs-zelda 3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    71.66%

Rotate by degrees

When you hit Shift+R, a bos pops up asking how many degrees you would like to turn the tile. It may seem useless, but it would be an oh-so sweet shortcut when making diagonal walls for a dungeon set...

Type in RGB value

In the pallette editor, there are 3 text boxes for you to imput RGB values, and the x,y bars thing will move directly to that RGB value. Again, seems useless, but it could save hours for people who need a specific RGB value. I need specific ones constantly in palette making.

Door Flags

A new flag for each type of door after you have picked the doorset for the room. These flags fill the entire area of the door and they put a door there in the editor and the player, and work just like the real ones. They would even work in cave Dmaps. Again, useless for experienced quest makers, but it would allow newbies to get used to freeform much faster, and increase chances of better quests from newbies.

A way to solve the z3 scrolling problem.

With the rule enabled, a box will pop up when you hit a key that asks for the tile by tile dimensions of the screen, and it will scroll Z3 style until it hits the edges of the room, then it will scroll normally. For doors that lead to different screens, but are on the same side, a new type of warp called "Door Warp" that are set right below side warps in the menu. There would be 8 door warps, asking for which door warp of which screen to lead to. For the door flags, in the upper-right corner of the flag could be which door warp the door would trigger. The door warp would be determined by what order the flags are placed in, and after 8 door flags are placed, it will not let you place anymore unless it would overwrite one or you remove one. If door warps 1,2,3,4, and 5 were on the screen, then 4 was removed with flag 0, the others would remain 1,2,3, and 5. If another door flag was placed in the room, it would become 4. If 3 and 4 were erased, then the next one added would be 3, then the one after that added would be 4. If one more would be added, then the new one would be 6.

Sings/NPCs

4 new combos-Sign [a-d]. IN the same menu as strings, tilewarps, etc., are "signs" and it allows you to set the string for all 4 signs on the screen. When you walk into a sign, the set string appears, and when you press A at the final string, Link is returned to the quest. Setting the bottom half of the sign as walkable would make the sign only work from the bottom, setting the right half as walkable only makes it work from the right, etc. Setting it as fully walkable would make it work from all 4 sides. It would also work as a freeform combo. If the quest rule "Enable text boxes" is on, then "text box" will appear under map styles.

If you find anything wrong with these, please let me know.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    69.24%

Quote Originally Posted by Revfan9

A way to solve the z3 scrolling problem.

With the rule enabled, a box will pop up when you hit a key that asks for the tile by tile dimensions of the screen, and it will scroll Z3 style until it hits the edges of the room, then it will scroll normally. For doors that lead to different screens, but are on the same side, a new type of warp called "Door Warp" that are set right below side warps in the menu. There would be 8 door warps, asking for which door warp of which screen to lead to. For the door flags, in the upper-right corner of the flag could be which door warp the door would trigger. The door warp would be determined by what order the flags are placed in, and after 8 door flags are placed, it will not let you place anymore unless it would overwrite one or you remove one. If door warps 1,2,3,4, and 5 were on the screen, then 4 was removed with flag 0, the others would remain 1,2,3, and 5. If another door flag was placed in the room, it would become 4. If 3 and 4 were erased, then the next one added would be 3, then the one after that added would be 4. If one more would be added, then the new one would be 6.

I like your idea for z3 scrolling. but it might get complex for mapmakers. Id say make it so a dialoge pops up and prompts you by screen width and screen height that way you wouldn't be limited to 8 doors but seriousy, who would use more than 8 doors?the downside is that z3 scrolling would almost render the current subscreen map useless also add an option to zoom out and preview the whole area on one screen.

Instead of walking two tiles in to not get caught in a shutter, set it so you only walk past the shutter makes it easier for freeform dungeons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    98.1%

no, a better way to fix the Z3 scroll problem is to be able to connect multiple screens, so in the editor and the map it looks the same, but on the Player it would seem to scroll. you still wouldn't be able to do oddly shaped screens though, but no big problem.

There should also be hotkeys in the tile editor for going to the tile to the right, left, up, and down to the tile you are currently working on, as well as seeing the tiles around it in the preview box.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    71.66%

But your method of Z3 scrolling would cause the player to see blank screens while in a dungeon shaped like this:

______
    |_|_|_|
    ...|_|

And noone can figure out a way to compensate for looking at blank or invalid screens, which is why we don't have Z3 scrolling now.

And for your second thing, there already are. ctrl+direction to move to a tile while still in the editor. The preview box thing would be nice, but there would be a space issue.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    69.24%

just fill in those blanks with ceiling tiles. all the time i see nothing but wall in dungeons in the real Z3

examples-> here

eastern palace 1F

look at the bottom of the big item room

hyrule castle

look around the entrance room

EDIT: if you wanted it to appear to be rooms there you could use scrolling warps that connect to those rooms

EDIT2: had to disable the links as it was no hotlinking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.31%

Better yet take a look at the room where you fight Ganon!

The problem of dealing with Invalid screens should rest with the Questmaker anyway, but an option to assign a DMap-wide Default Combo to cover unused room could also be helpful. The worst that would happen is ZC crashes and the Questmaker has another bug to iron out of his Quest. Don't how it would be much differaint the correcting a bad warp tile or other common bug.

As for the Lttp Subcreen/Map Problem. How Viable is it to modify the BS Overworld Map into a dungion map on Dungion D-Maps?

Quote Originally Posted by Revfan9
    Type in RGB value
    In the pallette editor, there are 3 text boxes for you to imput RGB values, and the x,y bars thing will move directly to that RGB value. Again, seems useless, but it could save hours for people who need a specific RGB value. I need specific ones constantly in palette making.
    Typing in RGB values is something I've been wanting for years... But fortunatly there is currently another way:

Home +1 Red
    End -1 Red
    Up Arrow +1 Green
    Down Arrow -1 Green
    Pg. Up +1 Blue
    Pg. Down -1 Blue

It's still a bit Akward but Finding exact color values should be much easier now.
    Tile Contest #14 Winner

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    2.05%

Z-3 Subscreen Style Map
    Z-3 style map for dungeons and overworld when you press select, I mean come one we need a map for the Z-3 subscreen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    98.1%

ya know, an item that lets you dive (Zora Scale) would be cool, or maybe a few quest rules that work with/without it:
    -Flippers only let you swim (maybe the "no diving" rule covers that)
    -Don't show flippers on subscreen (like already knowing how to swim if you put it in the init data)

Button warps would be good too.

It would also be nice to be able to change text in the subscreen.

Thread Information