Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    73.74%

Beta 11 Suggestions

I think having a main thread for suggestions for the next beta was a good idea last time, so I took the initiative to make a thread for everyone's suggestions for the next new beta. :p Hope you don't get mad at me for this, DN or Jman, but I figured it'd be easier for you guys to look at the posts in ONE thread rather than a whole bunch of different threads all over the place. Anyway, onto my suggestion.

Would it be possible to add a box below the Flag Placement icon? I'm suggesting such to make it quicker to switch between flags. The way it would work is that you would click in the box below the Flag Placement icon, and you'd enter a number, then when you clicked the icon, the flag of that number would be set as the flag you're currently placing. Obviously, if you entered a number higher than was available, it would just choose the highest flag number in the list.

Also, I'm re-suggesting those suggestions I made in the Beta 9 Suggestions thread about Flags showing up on the combo menu. Being able to see inherent and normal flags at the same time was a nice addition to Beta 10, but being able to see what every combo's inherent flag is without having to edit or place it would be nice as well.

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    77.84%

Re: Beta 11 Suggestions

Excellent ideas!

My ideas:
    --Global Timed Warps: This could be done multiple ways, by having a dmap timer in the dmap editor, probably the least feasible, most difficult to implement, or the least effective. OR...

There could be a screen flag that makes timed warp tics apply to Room Carry Over data. This means that if you have a Room # set for Room Carry Over, then when you are on that screen & move to the room designated by the room carry over data, any tics counted down from the 'counter' when on the first room will apply to the second so you only have to be in the second room for the remainder of the designated time before you warp, if the timed warp is set for that room.
    My Zquest Tutorial
    tutorial document

Working on a quest, I swear i'll finally finish one, one of these days!

--Overworld: 60% done
    --Dungeons: 0% done
    --Misc: 0% done

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    73.74%

There ya go. RSC data for timers. Seconded. :p Also, secrets should be separate from the north door data in RSC data.

By the way, Jman, why is there no "No Carry Over" options for the right, left and bottom doors? And what's the difference between "No Reset" and "No Carry Over" anyway? I figured if No Reset is left unchecked that it won't carry it over, so what would No Carry Over be for?

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    61.68%

The reason No Carry Over only uses the North Door is because it only seems to carry the "Open Shutters" state, which as you said should be separate from secrets. As for "No Reset", those allow you to choose what is and isn't affected by a "Reset Room" combo - hence the term "No Reset". That means you can have enemies trigger both the North and South Shutters, hit a Reset Room tile and only close the North door by having the South door's No Reset flag checked.
    Crash Man is the coolest Robot Master ever! Well, aside from Skull Man, Elec Man, Quick Man, Gemini Man, Shadow Man... ahh, forget it!

Megaman: "Who cares if it's peacetime? You're an inventor, damnit - MAKE SOMETHING!"
    Dr Light: " 'Necessity is the mother of invention.' "
    Megaman: "Good, I'm hungry. Go invent me a sandwich."

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    73.74%

Ohhh... I thought No Reset meant not to reset the status of it when changing rooms. :p So then, anything that's NOT checked with a "No Carry Over" is carried over?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    88.15%

When pressing w to check walkable combos, water and solid combos should display in different colors to prevent "swimming" through what was intended to be solids.
    :O)

ZC information I've compiled and my quests
    Adventure Tileset
    Elise's Zelda Classic

Don't ever buy an MTD Product, it's cheap over-priced garbage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.11%

what about the cane of somaria? just trying to go along with the future plans...

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    73.74%

Quote Originally Posted by Dlbrooks33
    what about the cane of somaria? just trying to go along with the future plans...
    Already on the to-do list.

I like that idea about water displaying in different colors, Freedom. It would be quite useful. :p

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.3%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Would it be possible to add a box below the Flag Placement icon? I'm suggesting such to make it quicker to switch between flags. The way it would work is that you would click in the box below the Flag Placement icon, and you'd enter a number, then when you clicked the icon, the flag of that number would be set as the flag you're currently placing. Obviously, if you entered a number higher than was available, it would just choose the highest flag number in the list.
    Not quite a suggestion, but a reassurance. In ZQuest, when placing flags, press the Keypad / and * buttons. They'll switch flags right on your cursor. :)

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    77.84%

Nevermind...i realized what that is now...this post can be deleted
    My Zquest Tutorial
    tutorial document

Working on a quest, I swear i'll finally finish one, one of these days!

--Overworld: 60% done
    --Dungeons: 0% done
    --Misc: 0% done

Thread Information