0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    80.96%

Re: Beta 11 Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Z
    2- Press A to warp combo (Which should work after a string ends, and not when it's being spoken, fyi :o )
    How about this for a screen flag/quest rule: string delays timed warps. That way, you don't have to worry about the player accidentally rushing through the string and not getting the last bit due to a warp.
    Oh, if you want it to be possesive, it's just "i-t-s"; but if you want it to be a contraction then it's "i-t-apostrophe-s"... scallawag.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    74.83%

I still think there should be slash -> next combo.

This one a little of a long shot but it would work for OoT remakes and Metroid quests big time. Screen flags that take away and give items to you without having to get them. For example:

You go to this cutsence were someone robs your ocarina. The Screen Flag will permently take away the Ocarina, until you get to the screen where it gives it to you back.

I don't know, I guess I am not good with suggestions.

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    73.18%

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Z
    Edit: Oh, and something that makes Step > Next combos change when you step on them partly, and not the whole tile only.
    Making the Linked Combos rule not work on those would be even better. (So you can make "light all tiles" puzzles)
    I believe Sensitive Step -> Next combos are on the way. At least, I'm pretty sure Jman mentioned them. Oh, and those "light all tiles" puzzles are possible right now, actually. I'm pretty sure you can use a "Singular" flag on them to make them trigger separately.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoelace
    I still think there should be slash -> next combo.

This one a little of a long shot but it would work for OoT remakes and Metroid quests big time. Screen flags that take away and give items to you without having to get them. For example:

You go to this cutsence were someone robs your ocarina. The Screen Flag will permently take away the Ocarina, until you get to the screen where it gives it to you back.

I don't know, I guess I am not good with suggestions.
    The heck you aren't good with suggestions. :p I think a Slash -> Next combo would be good as well, because you could make bushes and grass (with corners, even) on the same screen as triggers that set off secret combos. Besides this obvious use, I'm sure some people would come up with puzzles using them. And I believe a way to take items away from the player is on the to-do list, but whether or not it is already, we really need this option eventually. :p I've always wanted to make a quest where you START with the sword, lose it near the beginning, then have to go find it again. Or, somewhere later on in the game where you lose your equipment and have to re-collect it in the area you're in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.51%

lets try to add link showing the actual pushing animation for blocks so it doesn' look like he is just walking against it...

Octorok
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    27.14%

A "No Link" screnflag.
    With this there simply is no Link, like in savescreens. So you don't have to lock him in a corner during cutscenes. And it leaves the "Invisible Link" rule out of cutscenes too.
    Link's Birthday DX
    Info+Download All gaming magazines give it a 10/10! (Yeah right.)
    Use beta 1.92 183 or beta 2.11 8+ only if you prefer not to continue in solid matter.

Pure Tileset Update Extreme
    Download - You'll like it!

Quest for Light Demo
    Download

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    74.83%

It would be nice if you can somehow edit the string under Data -> Message String.

The reason is because I have 1500 strings in my game and if I find a mistake I have to look for the string through all of the other ways, which is annoying. So it would be cool, you can just go to the screen where the string is placed and then edit it from there, without having to look through all of the strings.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.99%

Some sort of "Search" function might be nice to have too, in case its not used yet, but you can't find it.
    Current Projects: None. Might do something if I ever have the free time again.

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    77.54%

Very minor but have "Level-Specific Key" changed to "Key (Level-Specific)" so its grouped with the other keys.
    My Zquest Tutorial
    tutorial document

Working on a quest, I swear i'll finally finish one, one of these days!

--Overworld: 60% done
    --Dungeons: 0% done
    --Misc: 0% done

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    80.96%

Quote Originally Posted by idontknow
    Very minor but have "Level-Specific Key" changed to "Key (Level-Specific)" so its grouped with the other keys.
    Seconded.
    Oh, if you want it to be possesive, it's just "i-t-s"; but if you want it to be a contraction then it's "i-t-apostrophe-s"... scallawag.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    74.83%

This is a suggestion I have always asked: A rule that makes it the player doesn't write over the Custom Big Map when you go on it. It sucks because I spend a lot of time making the big map for the players and then it gets writen over. *sigh

Thread Information