Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    73.89%

Re: music suggestions

Whether or not we're ABLE to use music from vgmusic, I think we should try to use custom music anyway. I think it would make the quest that much more impressive if we did.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    65.06%

Okay, so here's what I was thinking: I'll get together a team of people from AGN who feel that they are musically inclined and are intersted in contributing to this and then we'll work on getting splitting the workload pretty evenly. I figure we'll each have an area to work on and I'll take up the slack. Then any midi's you guys make can be sent to me, where I'll balance them out dynamically and maybe tweak them a bit to fit in stylistically, if given permission. Not neccesarily make them better, but make them fit in better with the rest of the music. If this is an acceptable plan, I would first need to figure out two things: How many areas/midis will we have, exactly, and how many people will we have interested in doing this, approximately. I have no problem picking the unassigned areas, but I think it would be really cool to have AGN's musician's do AGN's music to AGN's quest, if you dig. So, anyone interested?

btw Gerudo I'm making you work on this.

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.34%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Thanks James. Sounds like a plan. ^-^ Alright, ... let's make magic people!

A few schematics for the areas planned: (The Basic Areas: )

The Overworld: Will consist of three areas:
    1) A generally happy-go-lucky plains area, similar to The Minish Cap's Hyrule town theme. The mood it should inspire is, "Oh, hey, look at me! I'm exploring an overworld all on my own! I'm doing so well so far. ^_______^ I think the instruments can even be the same. If you want to make this "unique," think about combining the mood themes from this midi and from OoT's Hyrule Field, the way it has the imagery that you're "progressing" through a field, as you roll and tumble across its vast surface.

The Forest: A cross between TMC's Minish Woods and SMRPG Forest, ... only slightly shadier, and with a slower tempo. You can imagine the mood. It's a quiet, but wary mood. Not quite eerie, but watchful.

The Dead Lands: Basically, you're looking across a charred, scarred lands. Tattered flags waving limp in the wind, (Well, waving as hard as a limp flag can. :p ) ... you can hear the wind as an instrument somehow. It's desperation, with a slight undertone of hope. Think ... Protoman's whistle tune, ... solitary, it will stand strong, in focus, and in control. It can convey whatever message it needs to from there. Plus, I figure having only a light whistle instrument and a windy instrument will be relatively easy to put together for you guys, so... :p

Forest Temple: Combine OoT's Forest Temple and the odd mood and "tingling" feelings of Wind Waker's Wind Temple, and you'll get this. I'll more than likely be including things like sparkles above the scenes, so make it sound mystical. Not necessarily awe-inspiring, but definitely peaceful.

Fire/Ice Dungeon: I really haven't decided on this yet. I'm thinking of something somewhat fast paced for the ice dungeon and slow paced and deadly for the fire dungeon, but I'm not quite sure yet.

Temple Of Light: Remarkably similar to what you heard in the charred realms outside Dungeon 3, only with a more holy overtone.

Temple Of Gloom: Remember Super Mario Bros 3 On the NES's last world, ... Bowser's realm? You've got the flashes of lightning and everything in the background, and all the suspense builds as you approach the final tower, ... ... Pretty much the effect I'm going for here.

Minibosses: ... Listen To This for a hint of what we would probably want. Minibosses will consist of a barrage of enemies being thrown at you while the terrain changes a little.

Bosses: - Each boss will probably have their own theme. This will come later.

Ganon's theme: ... Same as above.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    65.06%

Alright then. I guess what we need to do now is figure out who wants to work on this. If anyone wants to. If not I can do it all myself, but either way works.

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    73.89%

Any tunes I can come up with that I think might work here, I'll post. I think I should grab AnvilStudio first, though. :p

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.55%

I'm currently working on a general miniboss track, and I'm going to start on another (dunno if it going to be a 'rush' style music, or a boss type)

Is this the end?
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    70.03%

I suppose I'm a bit late in getting here, but it doesn't look like much has been done yet...

It's obviously far from a finished song, but is this anything like what you had in mind for the Forest Temple? nfft1.mid
    It's kind of bizarre, as far as it goes. But then, you picked a couple of pretty odd songs to base it on.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.34%

... That ... Is ... pretty damn cool, Saffith. o.o It sounds like something we could use for a fairy fortress or calm, peaceful area. That could be the town or forest area, but not for the forest temple itself. *Saves and Credits*

*Bows* Many thanks. :) It's a wonderful midi. ^__^

Is this the end?
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    70.03%

Thanks. I wasn't considering it finished yet, just wondered if it sounded good so far... But, hey, glad you like it. Still, I'll add on to it and see how it turns out.

Edit: Hell, long as I'm here, here are a couple of my older ones. Use them if you like. I don't think anyone else has.
    autumnal.mid
    ophidian.mid

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.34%

*Saves To Hard Drive & Credits*

That Autumnal midi is very enticing. I may just have to use it for the town. :) It could be really great if the world was structured that the magic forest would remain green and full of life regardless of the season. Now I'd only need to get those blowing leaves from plith's Descendent quest, and Autumn Town would be set. :p

The ophidian midi is interesting. Here is what I had in mind when I saw the word "Ophidian." I'm not quite sure how I could apply such a thing, but I think it would be best suited for the Slash Trainer's abode. Sounds good? :)

Thanks once again for the midis, Saffith. ^_^ They're wonderful.

Thread Information