2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    44.09%

Re: The First Dungeon: Theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigglysaint
    I vote for the treasure chest dungeon, but as an idea to use later on.

As for a themed dungeon, it might be a little tricky if there can't be some gimmick involved. I know you arn't looking for a wow factor, but what kind of things can you do to make the dungeon different and yet not gimmicky? What about a science lab, or maybe a torture dungeon? How about a dream, and the walls are kind of wavy and there is that "dream" frame? It could have beds and pillows, and maybe some of the puzzles could be making a bed or somthing.
    I think the "Torture Dungeon" should be used as the theme of the last dungeon. It sounds like something SUPER HARD. Maybe the science lab should be the first. I like science.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.64%

I was going to say 'lightly-flooded cave', going with the traditional placement of the levels, but if you're going with an upheaval of the original design, Forest Temple..
    If you are not bored yet, reread this paragraph from the begining. If you are bored, reread this paragraph from the begining. If your not quite bored but bored still, reread this paragraph from the begining. If your name has an s, i, g, b, or an a in it, reread this paragraph from the begining. In any case, reread this paragraph from the begining.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    75.94%

I say that we should come up with all of the levels first, so we know how we are going to make it balanced:

Level 1 - Forest
    Level 2 - Fire & Water level (with changing it from Fire to water or ice if you'd like)
    Level 3 - Spirit/Dark

Also is there going to be mini dungeons for the extra items? It would be cool if each mini dungeon had its own backstory too.

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    74.21%

Mini-dungeons would help support the idea of being non-linear as well. :p I assume these dungeons would be smaller and use only a few gimmicks. You know, not be TOO lengthy/awe-inspiring.

Ultimate Prankster Lucario QDB Manager
    Just registered
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    44.09%

Quote Originally Posted by Shoelace
    I say that we should come up with all of the levels first, so we know how we are going to make it balanced:

Level 1 - Forest
    Level 2 - Fire & Water level (with changing it from Fire to water or ice if you'd like)
    Level 3 - Spirit/Dark

Also is there going to be mini dungeons for the extra items? It would be cool if each mini dungeon had its own backstory too.
    Do you think you could use the Random Warp combos in those ideas? I had an idea here using that, and BH4 thought it was good. If the quest is going to show off all of 2.11's new features, why not use the Random Warp combos to make harder dungeons? You never know where you're going to end up when you step on a warp pad now! Maybe one of the warps could be an "endless void" that you can't get out of without the right item, but getting through it gets you a REALLY strong item. That could be a good idea for a mini-dungeon. Rare, AND dangerous. They simply go together.

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.41%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

... ... Holy crap. Ii'd -LOVE- to see a Light Dungeon / Dark Dungeon theme swapped off for the third Dungeon. Basically, the way I see it, is Ganon basically decimated the Hylians Holiest Temple, and when he got ahold of the Triforce, that is where he situated his own palace: In the same parallel space as the Holy Temple.

You'd see the holy temple all devoid of enemies, and all ripped up and destroyed, but it'd still be shining, and still feel "holy," and peaceful. That would be where you'd pass from one area of the palace to another, as many of the areas of the Dark Palace would be so totally sealed up by enemies, you'd have to be insane to traverse them. (Actually, since a lot of people would be complaining that "It's too haaaard!!!11!1waaah" despite the fact that they have another, much safer route, which is the intended route, we still shouldn't put that in.) Instead, you can get all over the dungeon initially, sort of, but once you get the major unique items, you won't need to resort to traversing the holy palace and its shaky floors anymore.

As for Dungeon #2, have you ever played Level 7 in Mr. Z's LBDX? It could operate pretty much like that, only you'd be interposing the same two dungeons over the same space, and switching between them.

Thus, L1's "Gimmick" is nearly nonexistent. It's just a keyhunt with some puzzles.

L2's "Gimmick" is to use well placed switches to melt ice into shallows or deep water and to cause flames to erupt in places, and to cause ice to form to walk across and to remove fires. Play LBDX's Level 4, I think.

L3's "Gimmick" will be fairly similar, but you won't be walking through the same areas. Whereas the point of L2 was the puzzle-like configuration of the dungeon, the theme of L3 will be stressed to show the importance of providing a good theme for your dungeon.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.64%

Hmm, perhaps a trap infested pyramid for level 4..
    If you are not bored yet, reread this paragraph from the begining. If you are bored, reread this paragraph from the begining. If your not quite bored but bored still, reread this paragraph from the begining. If your name has an s, i, g, b, or an a in it, reread this paragraph from the begining. In any case, reread this paragraph from the begining.

Hacking up an Octorock
    QDB Manager
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.31%

There's only going to be 3 levels. I think. BH4?
    The ZC.com Database is alive!!
    __________________________________________________ _____

Curent Quest(s) :
    The Ring of Time.
    Working on whistle village.
    __________________________________________________ ______

Need help with bridges? Check out my tutorial HERE

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.41%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

It's a short quest. :p It has to be.

Like I said earlier, Level 1 will be a normal keyhunt, though we can make it as clever as we'd like. Level 2 is a "Gimmick" dungeon, and Level 3 is Ganon's Palace of perverted reality, as it should be. There's really not much else to that besides an overworld and a few transportation caves.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.64%

4 dungeons is short. Besides, it doesn't have to be required..

We could go all out puzzle on it, full of traps, hidden passages, and multi-leveled madness..

It would be so awesome..

Thread Information