Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.41%

Re: NeoFirst Progress Tracker:

Uhh...
    Everyone says it is good and all, but my screen still stays messed up:

and

When I open it in ZQ, the same screen appears, and the combo pages are all loaded with garbage combos.

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.33%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Johnamus
    Uhh...
    Everyone says it is good and all, but my screen still stays messed up:

and

When I open it in ZQ, the same screen appears, and the combo pages are all loaded with garbage combos.
    That's what happened to me when I tried to open this quest on my Celeron D machine after working on it on my PII 300 MHZ 256 Mb Ram machine for so long. It still works just fine on my PII machine, only when I open it in the same build on the other machine, it looks like that.

You're using Beta 10b, right? It needs 10b to work.

The screenshots are showing what happens when the combos get jumbled. Since the combos you see on the screen are referring to one of the combos that got jumbled in the combo page, naturally, all combos tied to that jumbled combo will get messed up too. That's why it looks like that. It doesn't look like that at all on my PII.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    88.22%

Quote Originally Posted by Britannianhero4
    Okay! We've got ... a few screens!

This Pre-Alpha contains a display of one phase of the combo layout, as well as a few unfinished screens. I'm still in the combo-page setup phase, as I want to get that done before anything else. After all, it's the foundation of the quest.

It loaded fine for me, but I didn't see a "few" screens, I saw 1 completed screen, a lttp style house screen.
    Personally I think you're taking way too much time on combo/tile layout and not focusing on the purpose of the quest, and that's to demonstrate ZC and it's new features, and give new builders an example to go by when learning how to use the editor.
    :O)

ZC information I've compiled and my quests
    Adventure Tileset
    Elise's Zelda Classic

Don't ever buy an MTD Product, it's cheap over-priced garbage

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.33%

It loaded fine for me, but I didn't see a "few" screens, I saw 1 completed screen, a lttp style house screen. Personally I think you're taking way too much time on combo/tile layout and not focusing on the purpose of the quest, and that's to demonstrate ZC and it's new features, and give new builders an example to go by when learning how to use the editor.
    Rest assured, that's what's going on in my head as well. The Garbage Combo bug has really been messing with it though. I mean, sheesh, I'm on this thing every single Friday afternoon/Saturday for how many months now, and this is all I have to show for it? ... ... I can't say I'm "tired of it," though I am, ... it's just something that needs to be plowed through until a more stable version can be released.

I'm thinking of exporting this graphics pack and importing it into a previous version to try to avoid this bug. Think it'll work in 2.10?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    88.22%

I'm not getting any garbage combos in b10b and I've done a bunch of combo/tile work.
    Before, in whatever version it was... it seemed to be caused by making tiles and then moving them to another tile position or page in the tile pages, so perhaps doing your editing in another qst file and then just loading them in the final version will cure your problem.
    Another "trick" seemed to be to place a combo near the end on the combo pages, this seemed to not allow any garbage combos to be added from that point back to the beginning of the combo pages, since I had done that, and am still using that quest now, maybe that's why I haven't had even one garbage combo since I upgraded to the 10b.
    :O)

ZC information I've compiled and my quests
    Adventure Tileset
    Elise's Zelda Classic

Don't ever buy an MTD Product, it's cheap over-priced garbage

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    99.42%

I've only had an issue once, and it was with one of my flower combos, in which the last frame flipped and showed a transparent tile across it, even though it was fine in the combo page, but I had to replace the combo. This happened just once for me...
    [Eats a pretzel]

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.33%

Um, okay, it's time for another small Status Update.

5/21/06

Shoelace Has The Quest Now

Indeed, at the moment, Shoelace now has NeoFirstb.qst and is constructing Level 1 (The Forest Temple.) with what I was able to save of the combo pages.

While he works, I'll be drawing, importing and recoloring various graphics for use in the set, whether we need them or not. I figure they'd be nice to have. They're mostly things useful in questbuilding, such as interface graphics, heart indicators, magic meters, etc etc.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.33%

It's been a little while. :p Thought It'd add to the progress so far. So, right now, Shoelace has completed Level 1, and now it's up to me to design the boss for Level 1.

Read up on Shoelace's immense success here.

Hacking up an Octorock
    QDB Manager
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.1%

Okay Josh. When you have completed what you have done for the Level boss and the overworld, who has been assigned to the creation of L2? Or hasn't that been decided yet?
    The ZC.com Database is alive!!
    __________________________________________________ _____

Curent Quest(s) :
    The Ring of Time.
    Working on whistle village.
    __________________________________________________ ______

Need help with bridges? Check out my tutorial HERE

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.33%

1) This is one potential layout of L1's Boss Screen. I don't have any boss tiles at all yet, though I'm imagining that I'll be using quite a few of those already-present waving tentacle tiles. -quite- a few of them. I might also be interested in those Super Metroid Vine Miniboss wall borders to form a vine tanglement between the three areas you see in there.

2) Rakki is supposed to be looking into L2, planning it, etc ... Haven't heard much from him lately. That's okay though. I'm really working hard on the overworld. I have my map, so I'm working on constructing it.

BTW: Whoever wants to see what I've done with it since Shoelace finished: See the following paragraph. Again, it's for 10b.

7-17-06's version. Some bugfixes. Mostly working in the Mysterious Forest now.

Thread Information