2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    43.86%

Re: My suggestions regarding NeoFirst

Quote Originally Posted by Britannianhero4
    Well you could always warp onto a black screen for a few tics with the "Random Tic Warp" screen flag on. That'd pretty much accomplish everything you need to do. :)

... That is, ... if that screen flag does what I think it does. > >.'
    Ooh, good idea. But a Random Cave Warp would be easier.

Glenn the Great

Quote Originally Posted by Britannianhero4
    NeoFirst will be somewhere between "Medium" and "Hard."
    You're making a BIG mistake, and I know you won't listen to me (no one does).

You need to make the quest "Easy" to "Moderately Easy". If you make a hard quest, only skilled ZC players are going to complete it.

Remember that your audience will be made up of a lot of ZC Newbies who are coming into ZC because of hype generated by newer versions with new features. They are not all going to have played Zelda 1 before, much less be any good at it.

By making a hard quest, you are going to isolate everyone but the "ZC Regulars" that you probably know by name.

I think you are giving the regular ZC contributors here and at PureZC some kind of preferential treatment.

If you make a hard quest, you will be experiencing constant annoying questions from "noobs" for the next year or more; that same that happened with DemoQuest.

If I am not mistaken, this project is intended to be a demo with the purpose of showing off new features. Think back to other video game demos you have played. Usually they contain the first few levels of the game (the easy levels, naturally.)

I know you want to take this opportunity to make a grand adventure, but I believe that is not appropriate for this project, and should be done at a later time. For now, focus on what your real goal should be: the showcasing of new features.

It doesn't have to be a strict procession of screens like I suggested in my first post. Use your mulitple screen warps to segment the quest into areas.

Please respect the less-skilled players in your audience. I'm just afraid you are going to shrug this post off your shoulders like you have seemed to do with my first post in this topic.

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.33%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Well it needs to deal with all members of the ... well, ... of the public. If it's too easy, people will complain. If it's too hard, people will complain. .. In either case, some WON'T, but many WILL. Thus, you can make a transition from a very low level of difficulty into a higher level of difficulty. The easier areas will hook the newcomers, and the more experienced users (Even by combat alone.) will get really, really far into it.

Besides, we'll be using save points. When the player reaches that save point, they'll have the option of continuing there from then on if they want. Every single savepoint will have full healing abilities nearby. It wouldn't be fair otherwise. "Hard" doesn't mean not fair.

Glenn the Great

BH4, nobody is going to complain if it is too easy. They will understand that they are playing to see new features, and that will overjoy them.

Hacking up an Octorock
    QDB Manager
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.09%

I totally agree with BH4. The more experienced players will think it's too easy. But you can't make everone happy. There are going to be some, even when it's easy, will say it's too hard. And the more experienced people, even if it's hard, will say it's too easy. There will always be someone or people who will complain. This quest should be made at a happy medium. Having those save points will make it better.
    The ZC.com Database is alive!!
    __________________________________________________ _____

Curent Quest(s) :
    The Ring of Time.
    Working on whistle village.
    __________________________________________________ ______

Need help with bridges? Check out my tutorial HERE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.45%

I agree with Glenn insofar as that the first part should be accessible to newer players, and I think a "gimmick" dungeon can be better appreciated without it being insanely hard. However, that shouldn't stop later levels from being challenging, making a dungeon where you have to watch your life meter and can't just 'stroll' through is one of ZC's features too.

In short, I wouldn't like to see this become a new 'armageddon quest', but I wouldn't like it to be too easy either.
    Koopa - former member of AGN and retired ZC developer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    48.94%

You should make an optional dungeon where you get something awesome (like the gold ring) in a dungeon that's insanely hard, but keep the rest easy to sanely hard.

Thread Information