Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.03%

Re: My suggestions regarding NeoFirst

Sorry BH4. I didn't mean anything by it. I just remembered reading something about how you preferred not to be called BH4. I must have though the wrong thing. It was a long time ago.:shakeno:

Anyway, another thought I had might be to add some sort of minigame. I know alot of people ask about those as well.
    The ZC.com Database is alive!!
    __________________________________________________ _____

Curent Quest(s) :
    The Ring of Time.
    Working on whistle village.
    __________________________________________________ ______

Need help with bridges? Check out my tutorial HERE

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.3%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Quote Originally Posted by rocksfan13
    Sorry BH4. I didn't mean anything by it. I just remembered reading something about how you preferred not to be called BH4. I must have though the wrong thing. It was a long time ago.:shakeno:
    Perhaps you're thinking of me wanting to be called 'ShadowTiger" or "ST" rather than BH4. Since you thought "Okay, he doesn't want to be called BH4 anymore," then maybe you're thinking that I wanted to be called Britannianhero4 instead. ... Think? ... Either way, BH4 or ST is fine, thanks. :) ... Hey, it's a helluva lot shorter than Britannianhero4. :p -I- am the only one who should ever have to type that in the future. 'tis my curse. - -, *lol*

Anyway, another thought I had might be to add some sort of minigame. I know alot of people ask about those as well.
    Of course. :p We can do a helluva lot of minigames at this point, thanks to the developers creative genius. Just so much stuff, really, ... Question is, where? :p We could even get them started off of that "hub" I was speaking about earier.

Ultimate Prankster Lucario QDB Manager
    Just registered
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    43.79%

How about you add a cool minigame to the "gimmick" dungeon? Maybe the minigame can be determined by the dungeon. Even better, you could make MORE THAN ONE DUNGEON as the second. As in, you could have the entrance be a random warp, which will take you to one of 4 dungeons. You could have the Triforce piece in one of them while the rest have simple items, or maybe upgrades and major equipment, like a Hookshot, for example.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.3%

Quote Originally Posted by pikaguy900
    How about you add a cool minigame to the "gimmick" dungeon? Maybe the minigame can be determined by the dungeon. Even better, you could make MORE THAN ONE DUNGEON as the second. As in, you could have the entrance be a random warp, which will take you to one of 4 dungeons. You could have the Triforce piece in one of them while the rest have simple items, or maybe upgrades and major equipment, like a Hookshot, for example.
    ... Hey, that's a really great idea. A gimmick to be warped to a random area of the dungeon to do certain things there, then you'd need to leave and be warped to another area of the dungeon where you'd have to do something else, like collect a key, or work toward getting a special item so you can explore the rest of the dungeon. You'd easily need at LEAST three special items to get around it though. I can definitely see that dungeon being shaped like some sort of a triangle, with like, .. circles at each tip so you have room to work. That'd make for a great dungeon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    99.32%

How about using room state carry over to make cutscenes appear only once. Also I can give ideas for your dungeons (puzzles and stuff). I'll give you one later... :)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.3%

Sort of like how in OoT, when you entered a new area, it'd show a brief synopsis of each area, then snap you right back to where you were. Yeah, you could do that. :p May as well. ^-^'

Just registered
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    43.79%

Quote Originally Posted by Britannianhero4
    ... Hey, that's a really great idea. A gimmick to be warped to a random area of the dungeon to do certain things there, then you'd need to leave and be warped to another area of the dungeon where you'd have to do something else, like collect a key, or work toward getting a special item so you can explore the rest of the dungeon. You'd easily need at LEAST three special items to get around it though. I can definitely see that dungeon being shaped like some sort of a triangle, with like, .. circles at each tip so you have room to work. That'd make for a great dungeon.
    Thanks. It's not everyday that I get an idea that you actually think is good. Maybe when a full release of 2.11 comes out, I'll use that idea in one of my own quests. It IS a good idea, especially when you take into consideration the addition to the idea that YOU made. I think that just makes it even better.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.3%

Well, there are ideas and results. Burning the picture of Mars onto every pancake made this year could be a "revolutionary" idea, but it wouldn't be all that practical, nor easily done. An idea like the one you'd come up with would add something new to the concept of a Dungeon. A randomized start position would do a few unorthodox things to said dungeon:

Upon your first arrival in the dungeon, you'd think that's the only place you can start off. (Like any other dungeon.) So you go around collecting keys, killing enemies, triggering secrets, bombing walls, etc.... but you find yourself rather short in terms of what you can and can not do. So you leave, go around the overworld looking for more stuff, then you back into the dungeon, and BAM. You find yourself in another spot entirely.

That concept is completely unique to ... well, .. just about anything I've ever seen. It's also very practical as you've just read.

You would also then gain the general "sense' (Context: "Common" sense, etc.) to go around entering and exiting everything multiple times. You'll be doing it a lot in that dungeon, and maybe, ... just maybe, ... the player will do the same for most other entrances and exits in the world. You could even have a cave where 3/4 of the entrances lead to the normal area, and the last entrance leads to a little area with some sort of bonus or something. With the Random Warp combo, a ton of new stuff is possible.

Just registered
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    43.79%

Quote Originally Posted by Britannianhero4
    Well, there are ideas and results. Burning the picture of Mars onto every pancake made this year could be a "revolutionary" idea, but it wouldn't be all that practical, nor easily done. An idea like the one you'd come up with would add something new to the concept of a Dungeon. A randomized start position would do a few unorthodox things to said dungeon:

Upon your first arrival in the dungeon, you'd think that's the only place you can start off. (Like any other dungeon.) So you go around collecting keys, killing enemies, triggering secrets, bombing walls, etc.... but you find yourself rather short in terms of what you can and can not do. So you leave, go around the overworld looking for more stuff, then you back into the dungeon, and BAM. You find yourself in another spot entirely.

That concept is completely unique to ... well, .. just about anything I've ever seen. It's also very practical as you've just read.

You would also then gain the general "sense' (Context: "Common" sense, etc.) to go around entering and exiting everything multiple times. You'll be doing it a lot in that dungeon, and maybe, ... just maybe, ... the player will do the same for most other entrances and exits in the world. You could even have a cave where 3/4 of the entrances lead to the normal area, and the last entrance leads to a little area with some sort of bonus or something. With the Random Warp combo, a ton of new stuff is possible.
    Well, I made the idea with the thought of ustilizing the random warp combos in mind. Only problem is that there's no "Cave (Walk Down) [Random]" combo. I wish there was.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.3%

Well you could always warp onto a black screen for a few tics with the "Random Tic Warp" screen flag on. That'd pretty much accomplish everything you need to do. :)

... That is, ... if that screen flag does what I think it does. > >.'

Thread Information