Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    14.09%

Re: Ocarina of Time Remake

Ok, it worked, good, i even made the guy a man with a beard, just like in Oot (it is the Bazaar in the Hyrule Market)

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    14.09%

Hey, i gotta quick question. I normally get my midis from midishrine.com but the ocarina of time music (though it has everything i need) doesnt include the boss music. Can someone tell me a midi website that does? thanks

Octorok
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    20.37%

Try vgmusic.com, good music collection there.

Some comments and ideas.

First off, you must realize making a true remake is impossible, there are just things not possible to do, such as making child and adult specific items. That doesn't mean you shouldn't try.

As for the tunics, you can make the red tunic the boots, and adding rooms that damage you from being in them (namely the whole volcano area). Or... you could have Link fight some boss for the Red Tunic, make the tunic a dummy item, and create a boss flag disabling your getting hurt in thr volcano region and fire temple (they would have to be the same level number).

For the blue tunic, you could use the flippers. Diving and walking on the floor of the water inside the water temple CAN be implemented if you're creative enough.

The shadow temple is going to be hard. For hover boots, you can use another dummy item with Link modifier tiles to make it look like Link is wearing them, and then changing pit combos to walkable with boss flags.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    87.5%

Hey LinkvsSora do you mind if I can be a beta tester for you if you decide to do that, I'm excited to see how it turns out. Just say yes or no on this thread and just private message me and I'll tell you my e-mail adress if it's a yes.

Mainly just making custom tiles.

Developer
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.41%

Moving to Quest Announcement/Discussion

And stop double/triple posting LinkvsSora.
    AGN's Resident Zelda Classic Developer and Sonic the Hedgehog Fanboy

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    14.09%

Sorry, but i want to perfect this before testing it, im gonna try my best to make it the same. The Ocarina in this game is not going to have much point. Saria doesnt give it to you, Zelda does after the first three dungeons. And it will pretty much only be used to open stair cases in dungeons. OH! by the way, do you know how i can separate the spiritual stones and medallions with the same effect as the triforce?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    99.91%

Probably with cutscenes... But I don't know how...

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    14.09%

Okay, you will have to explain to me how, and jman, sorry about the double/triple posting, sometimes i forget to put things in. Oh, i finished Inside the Deku Tree, but its kinda short, sorry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    99.91%

Here:

Make separate screens, they will be used as "frames" in the cutscene, the cutscene should have its own Dmap (with colors and all stuff), it's easier if you place them in a separate map from the ones your're going to use to make overworld/dungeons, and place the Blue/green squares in a place where link gets trapped, so he can't escape from the cutscene.

When you finish doing the screens, move to Screen flags (F9) and select the proper flags, I would reccomend selecting Invisible Link and No subscreen, then you'll see a text box that says (Timed warp Tics), 60 equals a Second, enter the number you want, in the quest after this time is over, you will move to the side warp.

Set the side warp as the next frame (screen) and the cutscene Dmap, after you do this in all the screens, in the last screen set the Side warp as the screen you want to be sent after the cutscene is over.

When you play the quest and start the cutscene, link will become invisible, and the frames will be displayed like a movie, the time the same screen is displayed depends on the timed warp tics you set, (for example if you set 60 timed warp tics on screen 1, screen 1 will be displayed 1 second, in you set 90 tics on screen 2, screen 2 will be displayed by 1.30 seconds and so on.), after the cutscene is over you'll be warped to the place you set in the last side warp.

You should ask an expert if you don't understand, again, feel free to tell me if you don't understand. :)

Thread Information