Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    14.41%

Ocarina of Time Remake

I am trying to make an Ocarina of Time remake for Zelda Classic. So far, it is doing pretty good, i am using the Adventure Tileset from PureZC, they work perfectly. If anyone has any suggestions on how i can work to make it a big success, please respond.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.11%

Re: Ocarina of Time Remake

Quote Originally Posted by LinkvsSora101
    I am trying to make an Ocarina of Time remake for Zelda Classic. So far, it is doing pretty good, i am using the Adventure Tileset from PureZC, they work perfectly. If anyone has any suggestions on how i can work to make it a big success, please respond.
    Quest announcement/discussion

Ok, I'm not good at suggestions, but I can tell you to take your time in doing the quest, Read the thread "Suggestions for making a good quest (or whatever is called)" in Quest/announcement/discussion. :)

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    14.41%

Take my time? Ok, i knew that, but heres a question. I thought the time periods would be good to do. I can make a warp between two overworlds when you get the Master Sword. Is that possible to item warp with the Master Sword? Or can you only do that with Triforces?

Ultimate Prankster Lucario QDB Manager
    Just registered
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    44.26%

Quote Originally Posted by LinkvsSora101
    Take my time? Ok, i knew that, but heres a question. I thought the time periods would be good to do. I can make a warp between two overworlds when you get the Master Sword. Is that possible to item warp with the Master Sword? Or can you only do that with Triforces?
    Only with the Triforce. BUT you can put a Direct Warp Combo right on the spot the Master Sword is on, but make it look like the floor (or the Master Sword pedistal).

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    14.41%

seems easy enough, i think it will work well, two different overworlds, one young link the other adult link, i'll make them look almost exactly the same, except the adult one will have ruins, more enemies, and the Kokiri Forest will have dekus in it. (I LOVE that! Octorok Red,Slow in adventure tiles are Deku Scrubs! Thanks Freedom!)

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    55.54%

Sick Bug Re: Ocarina of Time Remake

How about you do this:
    When you first exit Kokiri Forest and it is daytime in the field, you could do a timed warp on the first screen that takes a long time to happen. When it finally does happen, you are warped to an overworld exactly the same as the one you were just in but the colours are darker because it is night-time. On the next row of screens the warp does not take as long to happen.

This would give an effect of time elapsing.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    14.41%

Thats a great idea! You will have to explain to me how to do that, im just finishing up Hyrule Field and havent officially finished inside the Deku Tree

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.11%

Yeah, but shouldn't this go in Quest Announcement/Discussion?

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    14.41%

i guess...i dont know

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    55.54%

You do the Quest -> Screen data thing and at the bottom there is a box saying "Timed warp = 0 tics" and if you are using 2.10 it tells you how long in seconds the warp takes to happen.

You would have to do a long timed warp on the first row of screens in the overworld that take you to an identical overworld but this identical one has darker colours to show it is night time. In the night time overworld, the warps would take the same time to happen on the daytime overworld. To make things easier, lets call these double sets of the same overworld "Double" overworlds.

You will need to have four Double Overworlds. Why four you may ask, well when you leave Hyrule Castle Town and go back to the Forest, the warp timings will need to be reversed from top to bottom, thus creating Double Overworld 2.
    (This is if you have Hyrule castle town exactly on the North of the Overworld, Kokiri Forest Exactly South, Lake Hylia exactly west and Kokariko Village + Zora River Exactly East.)

Double overworld 3 would be the one for when you leave Kokariko (am I spelling this right?) Village and Zora River. The very long timed warp would be on the far right of the overworld and the not so long times on the far left.

And finally, Double overworld 4 would be for when you leave Lake Hylia.
    The timed warps would be the same as the ones for overworld 3 but reversed from left to right.

Note: On overworlds 1 + 2, the timed warps have to be the same for every screen on each row, but reduced a bit the further north/south you get.
    On overworlds 3 + 4, the timed warps have to be the same for every screen on each column, but reduced a bit the more east/south you get.

This effect can also be easily applied to other time affected places such as Death Mountain, Lake Hylia and the area outside the castle.

I just had a thought! What if on the night time overworlds you had those skeleton enemies but not in the daytime ones, just like in the real game!

Plus, you would need to make night-time versions of each place that is not affected by time. Come to think of it, the only part of the game where there wouldn't be multiple dMaps for the same areas would be The Lost woods, the dungeons and that sanctuary place where you learn Saria's song.

Sory about the long post, but I hope it helps!

Oh, and I hope to be found in the credits of this game!

Thread Information