Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    99.49%

Re: Suggestions for Beta 9

If there's an option for "Individual Screen Midi" then why don't we have an "Individual Screen (Dmap) Title"?

If this gets implemented, it could reduce the DMap usage.

For example: you want to make a Great Fairy in the overworld, you want the screen have its own MIDI and Title, you should normally use a Dmap for only this screen, and you must also set the side warp for both screens, With this option, you could only need to press F9 and select the Screen MIDI and The Screen Title and it could be a lot easier. :googly:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.07%

thats an awesome suggestion firefly.
    OH yeah, heres another one - Ability to NOT embed Tmusic into a quest. Soooo... if you choose to use like 12 mp3's as dungeon music or whatever, it could be an optional download with the quest, with MIDI format music as a backup, embedded in the quest.
    this would be of so much more use then screen specific midi... this could go for firefly's suggestion aswell. (instead of setting it for the screen it changes it for the current dmap... thus you can change the music/title at will with much more ease.)
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    99.49%

I know this may sound stupid, but:

Screen Specific Level Pallete:
    Screen specific MIDI, Screen Specific Title and Screen Specific Level Pallete could reduce the Dmaps usage, making easier to make single rooms with a different pallete/title/midi and for avoid using many Side Warps...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.07%

dont ever have screen specific stuff... instead have it so that the change affects the current dmap till you come to another screen that changes it again.

eg:

you specify on a screen when you want the change to occur and then that change stays in effect till you come across another screen that changes it again... this to me is very useful.

these options also only affect curent dmap (unless you make it so you can also specify which dmap the changes apply to)
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.07%

no way to delete me.... arrrrrgh.
    Computer specifications:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    67.61%

Quote Originally Posted by franpa
    dont ever have screen specific stuff... instead have it so that the change affects the current dmap till you come to another screen that changes it again.

eg:

you specify on a screen when you want the change to occur and then that change stays in effect till you come across another screen that changes it again... this to me is very useful.

these options also only affect curent dmap (unless you make it so you can also specify which dmap the changes apply to)
    From what I'm thinking about, you'd have to set a palette on two or more screens just for one screen to change and change back when you leave. Let's say you have a dungeon with a blue palette, but want a yellow room. You'd have to set the blue palette room(s) to change to blue, then set the other room to change to yellow, all for one screen. Doing this the per-screen way, all you'd do is set the screen you want to the yellow palette, and boom, done.

EDIT: Concerning Rakki's inherent flag suggestion, I also like possibility 2 the best.
    Current Projects: None. Might do something if I ever have the free time again.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.07%

you are right... maybe make an option to choose between my method and screen specific.

my ways more effecient if you have multiple rooms joined together... however for a single room it isnt the best.
    Computer specifications:

Thread Information