vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    99.32%

Suggestions for Beta 9

OK, here's my suggestion:

(mockup)
    Look at the "FLAG:" label at the bottom menu, it's under the "FILE:" label, it shows the Inherent flag that the combo has.
    This could be helpful in my opinion.

If anyone have more suggestions, post 'em here.

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    73.74%

Re: Suggestions for Beta 9

Here's a simple suggestion that could save ALL of us some headaches, while trying to explain things to newbies.

Instead of having "X" on all four tile warps, why not have A, B, C and D on them? :p Makes it MUCH less confusing for newbies.

Also, I thought the point of Inherent Flags was to make it so we could place 2 flags on one space? If Inherent Flags are simply going to place the flag on their space for us, rather than having the flag data embedded in them, then what's the point? I'm suggesting that Inherent Flags be upgraded to make it possible to place two flags on a single space (one Inherent, one on-screen).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    3.3%

I wholeheartedly agree with both of these suggstions. Nice mockups, too. I think that's exactly how they both should look.

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    77.84%

A new option in the dmap editor that allows you to assign dmaps all-new "dmap flags" that allow special optons that apply to an entire dmap, rather than to a specific screen. Examples are:

1) Permenant Secrets: A checkbox that, if checked, makes all secrets activated on that screen flag permenantly. On old quests, all overworld dmap types have this checked by default and all dungeons have this unchecked. But in new quests, this is independent of the dmap type and can be its own option.

2) linked timers: A checkbox that, if checked, makes it so that that all timers on each screen of the dmap will run even when link is off screen, therefore 'linking' them. This allows you to have a dmap where you set a timed dmap tic for every screen to be for 60 seconds. Then, when you are on that dmap for 60 seconds, even after crossing screens, you will warp to the timed warp. In other words, this option allows for timed warp tics to not reset when moving from screen to screen.

3) Link Cset Mod: A box where you enter in a variable and it changes Link's cset. So, if you want to make the effect that Link is red in a volcanic area or make link's cset darker as if he's in a dark forest or in a night overworld, you can have a dmap modify his cset.

A mock-up of this may be coming soon...
    My Zquest Tutorial
    tutorial document

Working on a quest, I swear i'll finally finish one, one of these days!

--Overworld: 60% done
    --Dungeons: 0% done
    --Misc: 0% done

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    73.74%

Quote Originally Posted by idontknow
    A mock-up of this may be coming soon...
    Woohoo! I might have influenced some people to start making mockups with their suggestions cause of my recent suggestions! :p

Oh, and the only thing I'd change in your mockup, firefly, is the position of the combo and flag things. I'd just swap them around, so combo is above flag (like it is in the combo editor window).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    75.43%

Also, I thought the point of Inherent Flags was to make it so we could place 2 flags on one space? If Inherent Flags are simply going to place the flag on their space for us, rather than having the flag data embedded in them, then what's the point? I'm suggesting that Inherent Flags be upgraded to make it possible to place two flags on a single space (one Inherent, one on-screen).
    I think the point of the Inherent Flags is that you can cycle them with combo cycles. I think that is the main adventage of the inherent flags. But I argee that would be awesome if two flags could be placed on a single space.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.09%

-Press A to warp.
    Perhaps make it a combo that warps you away when you stand on it and press A, like the Save combo does.

-Full "Step > Next"
    If you walk over the top of it, it doesn't change to the next combo. This one will.
    Would be better as a screenflag or rule instead of 4 new combos though.

-Pushing blocks on layers
    This was they won't leave an undercombo on layer 0, but on layer 1 or 2 instead.
    Block puzzles are still pretty limited because of the undercombo pushed blocks leave.
    Link's Birthday DX
    Info+Download All gaming magazines give it a 10/10! (Yeah right.)
    Use beta 1.92 183 or beta 2.11 8+ only if you prefer not to continue in solid matter.

Pure Tileset Update Extreme
    Download - You'll like it!

Quest for Light Demo
    Download

Developer
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.04%

Um,as far as I know two flags can be placed on one space. Oneinherent, and one normal. At least, there shouldn't be anything that prevents that from happening (though keep in mind that in most cases the normal flag will get priority over the inherent one.)
    AGN's Resident Zelda Classic Developer and Sonic the Hedgehog Fanboy

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    73.74%

Quote Originally Posted by jman2050
    Um,as far as I know two flags can be placed on one space. Oneinherent, and one normal. At least, there shouldn't be anything that prevents that from happening (though keep in mind that in most cases the normal flag will get priority over the inherent one.)
    Well maybe this is just a bug then, but when I set an inherent flag to a combo, and then placed it on the screen, and hit the F button, it showed a flag over the combo I just placed, as if I had placed a flag on it too. Then that flag disappeared when I placed a flag from the flags menu on that space. I'm not sure if the effect of it disappeared, though. I'll test tomorrow to see if that is a visual bug, that the inherent flags show up on screen when you press F.

Quote Originally Posted by idontknow
    How about gettin' those Enemy Contest winners implemented?
    How about choosing finalists and winners for the Create-a-Combo Contest? :p

Octorok
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.09%

Another thing:
    When the "Solid Blocks" rule is on, you can't push blocks on solid combos that have a "Block Hole" flag on them.
    But if you turn that rule off, you can push blocks over each other. So there isn't really a way to push blocks in any kind of combo besides any warp type.

The solution would be: Making it possible to push blocks on a combo, no matter if it's solid or not" that has a "Block Hole" flag on it.
    Link's Birthday DX
    Info+Download All gaming magazines give it a 10/10! (Yeah right.)
    Use beta 1.92 183 or beta 2.11 8+ only if you prefer not to continue in solid matter.

Pure Tileset Update Extreme
    Download - You'll like it!

Quest for Light Demo
    Download

Thread Information