Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    62.04%

Zelda Classic 2.11 Beta 8

Here it is, the long-awaited beta 8. Many bug fixes, many tweaks, many improvements/enhancements. Probably tons of new bugs, too.

If you don't already have it, download and unzip beta 6 first, then download and unzip beta 8 on top of it.

Zelda Classic 2.11 Beta 6 (Full)

Zelda Classic 2.11 Beta 8 (changed files)

No OS X version yet. Hopefully by early next week.

Here's the bug fix list from beta 6.
    1. ZC crashes on "211testquest" when entering the cheats.
    2. Tiles displayed in the bottom menu are misaligned if they're using the secondary CSet
    3. Some animated tiles using the secondary CSet are buggy (they use different colors)
    4. ZC Windowed does not work.
    5. Allegro.log grows to huge sizes while playing quests.
    6. I tried to use the magic container option in the cheat menu. However, Link was instantly killed upon doing so.
    7. The music turned off for no apparant reason after I did the magic container bug. It came back after I entered and exited the sword cave. However, it might have been from opening the menu during the fade-in.
    8. The Triforce icon appears in dungeons, instead of the automap and dungeon items.
    9. Transparancies are sometimes "permanently" broken when ZQuest is windowed. To fix it, you have to go back to full screen.
    10. When you collect a triforce piece, your items vanish from the display at the top of the screen... forever (maybe). Collecting rupees will not even restore them.
    11. Also, enemies from 1.90 quests are still in the wrong places at times.
    12. There is a BS Subscreen Bug. The text is oddly colored. I noticed this when playing Link's Return to Snortsia Master Quest demo. (Screenshot no longer available)
    13. I have noticed that if you go into the overworld screen map after slashing a bush, ect, the combo will reappear. I also think bomb and candle secret flags don't work anymore, as neither would would work when I tried them. It's possible that many of those flags no longer work.
    14. Using windowed mode and switching tasks causes destabilization. It nearly crashed my system, and then I tried to swt Zquest to a lower process priority - which caused it to become HIGHLY unstable. And then 'generate errors and have to be closed by Windows'. Zquest help has every line break marked with a return icon. And the file is badly in need of an update - it's still for 1.92 beta 182!
    15. When killed, combos on layers still appear in window as it blacks out.
    16. Misalignment with walk square between combo and new "next" box. (#2?)
    17. Alt slide still corrupts tiles.
    18. Link swim tiles still crash
    19. At seemingly random moments, trying to display a level palette in the level palette editor will crash ZQuest. I've been able to reproduce it quite a few times loading Radien's New BS 3.0 1st Quest Remake on startup (reload last opened quest). Sometimes, it will crash even if it is not the quest that loads on startup, though. Regardless, it happens with this quest rather frequently from what I've noticed.
    20. If an enemy drops a clock in a room where the door closes you in and there are wallmasters, they will not show causing you to be trapped and you then have to quit the game.
    21. Tiles or sprites using CSet 2 features will defer to the wrong CSet if used on layers.
    22. Dungeon automaps/items do not activate on the Subscreen. The Triforce display is shown no matter what. On quests made with earlier versions, this may not happen or may even work in reverse, adding a dungeon automap to an Overworld.
    23. It is no longer possible to place an item on a Direct Warp combo in such a way that Link can grab it before getting warped. This breaks several quests.
    24. Opening the Overworld map will instantly trigger any secrets on layers, and reset many combos.
    25. Tile Warping into a room where the south shutter uses cycling combos will cause it to switch to "open" prematurely. This bug can interfere with quest design.
    26. If you quit a quest while on the ladder in ZC, the ladder will appear briefly on the first screen of the next quest you load.
    27. The magic meter is not displayed in regular or BS subscreens, even though magic is still kept track of.
    28. The A and B items vanish when collecting a Triforce piece, as they did on the NES. But in ZC, they don't return if the "cool scrolling" quest rule is in effect. (Because it never bothers to hide/show them, unlike the default NES behavior.)
    29. Attempting to adjust Magic Containers in the cheat menu will instantly kill Link when the game resumes.
    30. Slashing still uses the old collision, sometimes resulting in a miss if Link isn't close enough.
    31. BS Subscreen text (And to a lesser extent, LttP subscreen text) uses the wrong palette entries.
    32. Even if "freeform dungeons" is checked, Link's sword will still be hidden under the sidelines.
    33. Layers are not properly affected when Link dies.
    34. Combos in quests that are loaded on startup (either from the command-line or from the "Reload Last Quest" option) that have their animation speed set to 0 will have their starting tile pointing to the next tile in the tile list.
    35. NPCs have been removed, but they still show up in the sprite list.

Developer
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.51%

Re: Zelda Classic 2.11 Beta 8

All the support archive stuff is in the beta 6 link. Download beta 6 then overwrite the folder with the beta 8 stuff and it should be fine.

The bug list above isn't complete, but it should give a general idea. Basically, to sum up a few things, several if not all of the Z3 movement bugs have been fixed. Test it EXTENSIVELY using both collision boxes to make sure it works as it should. Weapon alignment for big link still hasn't been fixed, I'll get to that. Big link in general actually hasn't been touched, so the same rules still apply. LTMs are back in, several new enhancements are in, and things should hopefully work as they should.

Besides that (and I know I forgot several things), enjoy the new beta. We're working hard to provide a stable bug free release while improving every facet of the engine. Oh yeah

DON'T FORGET TO BACK UP YOUR QUEST FILES IN CASE SOMETHING REALLZY REALLY BAD HAPPENS. ALSO, THE SAVE FORMAT WAS CHANGED TO FIX A BUG, SO BETA 6 SAVES WILL NOT WORK!!!

That is all.
    AGN's Resident Zelda Classic Developer and Sonic the Hedgehog Fanboy

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.39%

Upon opening ZQuest OR ZC in windowed mode, they both close without any errors or any allegro.log files. Fullscreen is basically the same. Except ZC Crashes upon execution and ZQuest gives me an allegro.log file that says "Unable to find a suitable graphics driver"

Robots in Disguise
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    62.04%

Try downloading again. I recompiled with optimizations turned off and that seems to fix problems that have been reported with beta 8.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    96%

Slashable combos still re-appear when you go into overworld map mode. I think the enemies don't return flag is still broken.
    The name might be missleading, I'm not jigglypuff.

"...A Bible! A Bible! We have got a Bible, and there cannot be any more Bible."
    Second Nephi 29:3

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.67%

Can someone PLEASE stop this program from taking up 100% of my CPU time? It's very hard to use when it's such a processor hog.

I don't know what causes it, at all, but the main problem is in ZQ and bringing up dialog boxes seems to help.

EDIT: It is also quite bad in the player - The player was stuck at the AG logo, just animating, not responding - all I could do was use CTRL-ALT-DEL to log off, since I couldn't minimize or close ZC in that state. The clock strain was so bad that I couldn't even task switch. ZC really needs a panic button.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.33%

Brilliant. goes to show why its been taking you ages to get this out the door. (what with all the fixes and additions)

thank you everyone who made zc what it is 2day and hopefully will be in the future.
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.24%

*faints and comes to*

...There's some new enemies? Ah, when 2.11 comes out I'm going to realese my quest in both verisons. (2.11 one with the new features.)
    and about flags on tiles....wow. This seems alot better than beta 6.
    Also, in the credits section of the LoZ tileset, you forgot Jman.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    96%

BTW, this release doesn't have any new features.
    The name might be missleading, I'm not jigglypuff.

"...A Bible! A Bible! We have got a Bible, and there cannot be any more Bible."
    Second Nephi 29:3

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.33%

i hear it has more enemies in it.
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Thread Information