Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    95.55%

Re: "NeoFirst.qst" Planning.

Wow, those are some great ideas C-dawg! On the other hand, those ideas are better off for your own kick-ass quest. The triforce one seems pretty neat in and of itself. Another good idea would be a dungeon that's totally submerged, where instead of controling water levels, you have to search oxygen bubbles so you don't drown. It could come with a timer on each screen, and running out would damage you or somthing.

Also, with creative use of misc items and trigger combos, you can create Oracle series Gasha seeds thanks to the events system.

I know one thing is for sure. All my ZC tricks have become totally obsolete.

Edit: A quest based on demo quest would be a pretty good idea. For one thing, emphasis isn't on the graphics, but on the tricks able to be done. You would only need simple graphics for some of the more interesting tricks. A more complicated tileset would mean more time is needed to get things to look right.
    The name might be missleading, I'm not jigglypuff.

"...A Bible! A Bible! We have got a Bible, and there cannot be any more Bible."
    Second Nephi 29:3

Developer
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    45.98%

I have no idea how we can incorporate any of C's ideas into this quest, but I'm sure we can think of some way to use his skills.
    AGN's Resident Zelda Classic Developer and Sonic the Hedgehog Fanboy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    61.14%

Well, that laboratory idea is pretty sweet. It'd be better to simplify it though. Maybe only 3 forms and have those forms be something like - past, present, future. So, it would be a time-traveling dungeon, where you can only get to certain areas in a certain time or something like that. Heck, I may just do that myself hehehe... Oh, and the boss with the multiple forms? Here's a simple idea for that:
    Just put 3 boss rooms in a row, each one with a different environment (it might be pretty evil though if done correctly... (I don't mean like level 6 boss in Hidden Duality!)) It may need custom sprites though.
    Creator of ZURPG, a Zelda game that's influenced by D&D and JRPGs to bring together a unique gameplay system combined with roleplaying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.14%

Shadowblazer has my soul, so I can't stay away that long.

I can be a planner, or music provider/suggester.
    We could also add some kind of a intro movie to a title screen. You wait a short time, and there is a movie that plays.
    More of my 2 cents.

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.28%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

You can do that, if you have the graphics for it. :p Ever played Teilyr's CoD demo, or my UCoL Demo? Each have a little movie that plays at the beginning. It's short, but oh-so-sweet. <3 *lol*

Okay, now here's the thing. (jman2050 is ... jman2050, and I'm ShadowTiger. And STFU if the name sounds familiar in a negative way. I use that nick everywhere.)

[09:02] <ShadowTiger> Okay, .. .. we definitely need to get a good tileset up for NeoFirst.
    [09:03] <ShadowTiger> I'm waiting for Gashin to present a Screenshot of his set.
    [09:03] <ShadowTiger> .. Now, ..
    [09:03] <ShadowTiger> You had wanted to see another DemoQuest tileset, right?
    [09:03] <ShadowTiger> Somethimg more towards Z1 than Z3?
    [09:03] <ShadowTiger> Or TMC?
    [09:05] <jman2050> I'm not sure
    [09:05] <jman2050> I don't want the tileset to be too prioritized
    [09:05] <jman2050> it needs to be elegent but simple
    [09:05] <jman2050> leaning towards Z1 is better for that purpose
    [09:05] <ShadowTiger> But still with a few layers?
    [09:06] <ShadowTiger> I was planning something elaborate and beautiful for the sake of the three dungeons, but, ... ...
    [09:06] <ShadowTiger> If it's not to be, ... ... =/
    [09:06] <jman2050> hey, I'm not running the show here
    [09:06] <jman2050> I'm just supervising
    [09:06] <jman2050>
    [09:07] <ShadowTiger> Oy. XD ... Well, ... ... you probably know best. I mean,
    [09:07] <ShadowTiger> NeoFirst should accomplish a few goals.
    [09:07] <ShadowTiger> I mean, .. look at it this way.
    [09:07] <ShadowTiger> There are -VERY- few quests which allow the common person to look inside of it, AND be a complex quest,
    [09:07] <ShadowTiger> AND Show how everything is done, AND be included in every release of ZC.
    [09:08] <ShadowTiger> -I- learned how to use ZC by parasitising an unpassworded quest.
    [09:08] <ShadowTiger> Since things were more or less set up already, I just modified what was there, and when I needed to know how to do something,
    [09:08] <ShadowTiger> I just looked at a preset example.
    [09:08] <ShadowTiger> Worked like a charm. > >.' I was questmaking in no time at all.
    [09:08] <ShadowTiger> If there's a quest which does all of this and more, and is easily accessible to the masses, unpassworded, features everything and anything they should know,
    [09:09] <ShadowTiger> and thensome, ... Possibly even explaining the situation beforehand via some sort of "Intro" to the quest,
    [09:09] <ShadowTiger> .. there will be a lot more experienced newcomers entering the ZC Field,
    [09:09] <ShadowTiger> should they play the quest if released with it.

Okay, now this is something we should be asking ShadowBlazer about. I personally think that there is enough here to warrant a Subforum for the creation of the quest. We'll be comparing a -LOT- of notes, and it's not something that we can do via PM, nor by placing poll upon poll upon poll upon poll upon poll and topic upon topic upon topic in the Beta Discussion forum. I -would- be willing to use my Hosted Quest Forum at PureZC for it, but that's not fair to the members here who don't go to PureZC.

... Thoughts? I want to PM ShadowBlazer, Eckels, or War Lord, but I'm not sure when slash if they're ever on. (I hate disturbing Administrators.) ... ... Maybe DN. O.o' He's an Administrator, and directly involved with ZC in some little way here or there, (Kidding, lol.)

Thoughts?

Things I still need to do:
    • Update the list in the first post.
    • Get some Screenshots from Gashin/*b* as to the tileset.
    • Decide on a tileset, based on the above IRC conversation, as well as your input.
    • See whether or not C's ideas would be useful for the dungeons. I'll bet we could work one of them into the second of the three dungeons, as that's what it's pretty much reserved for. (It's the "Gimmick" Dungeon, with the first being the standard difficult keyquest/map/compass/find-the-special-item/boss key/triforce dungeon.)

EDIT: A Copy and Paste from the thread at Pure:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Zemenheart,Mar 1 2006, 10:29 AM
    I'd rather wait untill I see the tileset before I do anything. I have a few questions once more. I should only do one dungeon, so that other members have an oppurtunity to help out as well (And because I'm fairly lazy, but that is beside the point here )

We really do have a helluva lot to do... We don't know what items to use (But I'm guessing if there are only three major dungeons, two major items per dungeon could work very well). We don't know where things will go etc. We don't know the size of the overworld... There are still questions of other things to include like secret item dungeons, a town, an underground cave sytem with different entrances and exits all over Hyrule?

I suggest gathing all of our ideas into one giant list, and seeing which of them are... needed... Perhaps a poll maybe necissary for some, or perhaps just a discussion would surfice...

I can't wait :)
    I know, I can't wait either. :heh: We have so much to do, but so little idea of what we're GOING to do. That's why I've got this list up there in the first post.

We need a tileset first to see what we can do with it. Although we can always make new combos and tiles for it and such, it's important to remember what I said in my previous post with the IRC quote with jman. It's for everybody, not for the experienced ZC oldbies. (Or whoever has that level of skill with ZC/ZQuest.)

Once we have the tileset all figured out, we can build things around what we can feature using the tileset. When we know what we can do with it, we can start to plan the overworld.

When we're planning the overworld, a basic schematic of what we need to go where will be formed. Once we have that, we'll know what special items we'll need to get any by when.

Once we know which special items we'll be needing, we can place them within the dungeons. Now this is a slight note of conflict. Do we want to plan out the dungeons first so we're less restricted by having our dungeons depend on what we need for the overworld, or do we need to restrict our journeys through the overworld to the items we get in the dungeons? Very important to consider.

Obviously, before that happens, we'll also need a good dungeon plan for at least both initial dungeons. As I said before, the first one will be a very elaborate, lengthy, and well planned dungeon similar to PrinceMSC's dungeons in Revenge2, or like the Excavated Temple in Tei's CoD Demo. The second Dungeon will be something -very- elaborate and extremely creative. (See C-Dawg's ideas.)

We'll be making lots and lots of polls over the next few months for these, so we'll need space to set 'em up, of course. But that's for later.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    6.16%

In my opinion I don't think it should be called neofirst if you are planning on changing all the dungeons and such. The neo bit is ok but I just think first might be a bit misleading because people might think its just a snazzy new look for the first quest. You don't have to take note of this its just my opinion.
    Originally Posted by Fweedum
    Learn how to spell, between your spelling and your no commen sense messages, they are impossible to understand.

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.28%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

As far as I know, Tom, the NewFirst set is basically a "2.10 test quest" equivalent. It's both a tileset and a showoff of the new (AKA old.) engine's abilities. Newfirst had transparent layers, Cave 2 combos, slash, bushes, shallow water, the hammer, lens of truth, hookshot, etc. It was a showcase of its new features. I expect NeoQuest to be roughly the same thing. If the exhibition quest replaces another exhibition quest, it's still an exhibition quest.

Also, if you'll follow what I wrote in the previous post of mine, you'll see why we're designing this quest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.14%

Here's a little screen that I made for my quest. I made the sun and the palette.
    How do you like it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    99.23%

OK, I made a screen, hope you like it (I didn't liked it):

I changed it, it looks better but still I don't like it.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    95.96%

Its good, but it would look better if you made it like foggy, or a bit lighter, with light rain. But it is still good.
    What tileset did you use to make it?

Thread Information