Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.39%

Re: "NeoFirst.qst" Planning.

Well, I can't say I can't do much, but I would just like to be able to test for bugs.. If you ask other people that I have tested for, they know I have a good eye for graphical bugs and spelling/grammatical errors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.49%

oh, and, whenever you guys figure out what type of quest this is going to be, I'll start work on the tileset again. I just don't want to make a ton of useless tiles, you know

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.33%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Quote Originally Posted by *b*
    oh, and, whenever you guys figure out what type of quest this is going to be, I'll start work on the tileset again. I just don't want to make a ton of useless tiles, you know
    ... ...

Well now, that just changes everything, now doesn't it. On to the planning phase!

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    73.84%

So BH4, how many people are going to work on each dungeon? Is Shoelace the only confirmed dungeon maker so far? If so, is he making an entire dungeon, or is that yet to be determined?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.33%

Many things have yet to be determined, really. We need a solid plan on anything we're going to be working on before we know who's going to be doing what. We need to be coordinating down to nearly the precise location of every combo here. I can foresee us planning each and every screen. If this is going to resemble a group quest, (And intentions or not, it probably will.) it'll have to be coordinated down to the very bare bones.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.52%

Here's a few things to think on...

Dungeon Idea: why not use a full elemental-type for one of the levels?

Level/Overworld Design: I could possibly help out with this

Tileset(s): I partially converted Orion's ALttP tileset to conform to one of my 2.10 quests; I could possibly rework it to conform to the latest beta. I'll prolly be going into some of my games tonight to start some tile ripping...

Music: I'd like to think that I'm pretty good with choosing music (but what I think and the facts can be different ). I'm also somewhat decent with midi editing (reinstrumentation, slight remixes, ect). I can also encode just about anything to MP3 if needed, and I have hundreds of SPCs to work with...

Hosting: I can be a mirror from my Savefile account and also host any external music

Testing: Whenever it gets to this point, I'd be more than happy to help out with the testing

Hacking up an Octorock
    QDB Manager
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.09%

I would gratefully offer my services to the help of the dungeon and overworld design and specifics. I've been dying to use some of my new stuff in the new version.
    The ZC.com Database is alive!!
    __________________________________________________ _____

Curent Quest(s) :
    The Ring of Time.
    Working on whistle village.
    __________________________________________________ ______

Need help with bridges? Check out my tutorial HERE

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.33%

Quote Originally Posted by The Cyborg
    Dungeon Idea: why not use a full elemental-type for one of the levels?
    There's already a thread made for planning out dungeon one. If Dungeon 1 isn't a themed level, (Elemental, I guess.) then Dungeon 2 can still possibly be themed. ... .. fasjdfsd Actually, you know what, ... we should probably work out what we're going to do with all three levels at once. For example, suppose we wanted to make the final Dungeon (Third dungeon.) a composite of all four elements, OR a composite of either dungeon which came before it. If we decided to do either of those, we'd also have to know what we wanted to do with both dungeons BEFORE we do them, if we want to make L3 the most pronounced and "epic." However, our L1 --> L2 --> L3 method also works, because we can STILL combine them into L3 if necessary. ... Again, if necessary.

Level/Overworld Design: I could possibly help out with this
    Post examples? :p

Tileset(s): I partially converted Orion's ALttP tileset to conform to one of my 2.10 quests; I could possibly rework it to conform to the latest beta. I'll prolly be going into some of my games tonight to start some tile ripping...
    Nope. Sorry, but I don't really think Orion's Palettes are all that compatible with what we might be working with. We'll need as much available as possible, and right now, I DEFINITELY (Read: Without a doubt.) have my eyes on Radien's DoR tileset, or Mr. Z's PTUX Set. Radien's set will more than likely win out, since he put SO Much detail into it. Remember, this set is going WIDESCALE upon its release. EVERYONE will have it, and you'll be seeing it a LOT More. We also have to be able to do everything we can do with it using that tileset. Can Orion's set do everything we need? Who knows. Can Radien's? Probably. :p

Music: I'd like to think that I'm pretty good with choosing music (but what I think and the facts can be different ). I'm also somewhat decent with midi editing (reinstrumentation, slight remixes, ect). I can also encode just about anything to MP3 if needed, and I have hundreds of SPCs to work with...
    Great. If we need anything, (And we will. Probably entirely unique.) we have another artist. :)

Hosting: I can be a mirror from my Savefile account and also host any external music

Testing: Whenever it gets to this point, I'd be more than happy to help out with the testing
    Thanks and thanks. ^-^

Quote Originally Posted by Rocksfan
    I would gratefully offer my services to the help of the dungeon and overworld design and specifics. I've been dying to use some of my new stuff in the new version.
    Ooh, new stuff? :) Do tell? ^.^

Hacking up an Octorock
    QDB Manager
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.09%

In my last quest (Which has yet to be released) I had a game room for certain items. Now, I set it up as a timed warp game but I wanted to have it a different way.

I would like to see a type of game that acts like a slot machine, but not in that exact way. You would start the combos rolling by a warp. Now the combos will change at a designer selected rate but the player would be able to stop on the correct combo. If the player hits a combo without the flag it doesn't work. Without flag cycling I couldn't do this.

The other would definately be custom bosses. Which I'm sure everyone else is thinking as well. Having flag cycling(especially on layers) will create a lot better custom bosses.

But, other than that, I've been waiting to be able to use a cycling flag for use in dungeons as well as the overworld, where you would need to hit something at a specific moment.
    The ZC.com Database is alive!!
    __________________________________________________ _____

Curent Quest(s) :
    The Ring of Time.
    Working on whistle village.
    __________________________________________________ ______

Need help with bridges? Check out my tutorial HERE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.52%

Ok, with screenshots pertaining to my design, if I got some time, I'll have a few screens up tommrow. I'll try to go over Raiden's and Mr. Z's tilesets to see if there's anything I can port over from the ALttP set. As for music-related stuff, I'm going to be posting a thread about it in a few.... And as for the dungeons, it prolly would be a good idea to plan the ideas out for all three if there's going to be some kind of running theme.

Thread Information