Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    3.89%

Subscreen Test

Someone has had to have done this at least once while quest making. You create a part of a subscreen in ZQuest, save that, and then test it out in Zelda Classic, only to find out that it looks very odd. Perhaps the Triforce area is a bit too far to the left, or the background colour burns the eyes. Then you have to go back into ZQuest and fix it.

Maybe there should be some sort of quick way to test it in Zquest. Like when you're choosing subscreen colours, a button that says "Test Subscreen" would be at the bottom. When clicked, it brings up a window that shows how the subscreen would look in-game.

It probably won't have much use for the masters of ZQuest, but it could for other people who aren't as good with ZQuest (like me) and tend to do some heavy editing.

Just a thought.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    75.99%

Re: Subscreen Test

heh, that is a VERY good idea. It was a pain in the arse switching between ZQ and ZC to make my PTUX z3 subscreen. This feature would be MUCH appreciated.

Z3 PTUX subscreen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    61.62%

Actually, I read earlier that testing in z-quest WAS going to be an option. Then again, I haven't heard anything about testing in z-quest so I honestly don't know if that will be added.
    Creator of ZURPG, a Zelda game that's influenced by D&D and JRPGs to bring together a unique gameplay system combined with roleplaying.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    75.99%

Quote Originally Posted by WindStrike
    Actually, I read earlier that testing in z-quest WAS going to be an option. Then again, I haven't heard anything about testing in z-quest so I honestly don't know if that will be added.
    We're talking about a subscreen test, so we can see the subscreen right away. We're too lazy to press return

Z3 PTUX subscreen

Thread Information