Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.19%

Inherent Combo Flags

I already pitched this to DN and he seems to like it and sees the potential of being able to use the inherent flags.
    You know how you open up Zquest and you see the combo selection list on the right-hand side? Well I simply suggested to DN to have a section pull-down box whenever you open up the tile editing window that you can set an inherent trigger flag to that combo. This, of course, would naturally knock out using push-block flags manually. But think of the possibilities of the rest of the flag triggers?? Let's take a simple arrow mini-game for example:
    I have four combo cycles that cycle in a loop. One cycle is a totem pole deep in the ground. Next cycle is the pole rising up from the ground. The third cycle is the totem pole in its full upright position for a few seconds (this combo cycle will have the arrow flag inherently attached). The fourth cycle is the pole going back down into the ground. So basically, only on the third cycle and the third combo cycle alone would the arrow flag be present on the screen. And only because it was inherent to that specific part of the combo cycle. Now obviously once you hit it, you may move the player insta-warp to another screen (or however you want to do it) where the poles move even faster, etc.
    That's just a simple example. Now take into account custom bosses. Let's say a boss has four rounds of attacks. Only changing once he gets hit in each round. With inherent flags + manually placed flags + tiered combo flags, you can possibly make each round of the boss take place on ONE SCREEN ONLY! So a custom boss of about 16-20 screens can be condensed into 3-4 screens with combo cycling and inherent flags. Would make your bosses feel more alive and fluid and less clunky. Furthermore, you can truly dictate how quick of a timeframe you want a bosses' weakpoint to appear. Like a bosses mouth cycles open briefly to reveal a green jewel to shoot an arrow at. Only the combo cycle with the green jewel showing would have that inherent arrow combo flag.
    There are all sorts of possiblities you can do with this simple idea. Of course, any manually placed flags you put overlapping any tiles with inherent flags take priority. Because if you put a flag over a combo with an inherent flag attached to it, there is a 90% chance you know what you are doing. So manually placed flags still take priority.
    DN seems to like the idea and is contemplating on how to incorporate it for the next beta. So here is hoping he'll get it to work! So what do the rest of you think?
    "If anybody says him/her/it without defining what they're talking about, the conversation is automatically about my p.e.n.i.s. :-D" - Wild Bill
    "Design ideas come to me during fetid fits of masturbation." - C-Dawg
    "I want to give NoeL a blowjob! ^_^" - Peteo
    "The magic boob should be mine any minute!" - Koopa
    "Suicide is the most sincere form of self-criticism" - My Film Professor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    87.9%

Re: Inherent Combo Flags

You already know what I think!

If this suggestion gets added someday, it will be one of the best new features for ZC ever! I mean, like she explained, all you'd have to do is to ctrl-click a combo in the combo list on the right side of the editor and set a secret flag to it. Jesus f*** christ! For people like me who like to make complex custom bosses and other difficult tricks this would be a real dream come true. I was almost planning to forget about questmaking because my ideas got too ambitious, but questmaking would become a helluva lot easier with inherent combo flags.

Sorry about me acting like a little child again, but I'm just so excited about even the possibilty of this suggestion going through....
    --------------------
    "GET a stable version, THEN add more with the builds, DON'T just keep adding bloat to something that doesn't work already.
    Has common sense just left the building, or what?" -Freedom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    99.55%

GOOD, I HOPE THIS GETS IMPLEMENTED SOON.
    This one and the "remember the last secret combo" ideas are the best!, this can be a huge timesaver with the under combos!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Petoe
    Sorry about me acting like a little child again, but I'm just so excited about even the possibilty of this suggestion going through....
    I'm acting like one too. :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.55%

yes yes yes yes yes. this is a fantastic idea. it would make seperating undercombos so easy (bushes, grass, ect), and could possibly make for some awesome puzzles, like, you have to timb a bomb's explosion just right to hit four switches when they appear, or something

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    61.08%

If this is ever implemented, it will allow for so much, just imagine combining it with tired secrets. Similarly, it would also be useful to be able to Ctrl-click the "next" combo in the combo dialog, and flag it in a similar way to secret combos.
    - ZeldaLord

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.19%

Well,, if you set up a combo in the 'NEXT' section that has a inherent flag already attached to it, there is really no point in CTRL-Clicking it, because the flag is already attached.
    "If anybody says him/her/it without defining what they're talking about, the conversation is automatically about my p.e.n.i.s. :-D" - Wild Bill
    "Design ideas come to me during fetid fits of masturbation." - C-Dawg
    "I want to give NoeL a blowjob! ^_^" - Peteo
    "The magic boob should be mine any minute!" - Koopa
    "Suicide is the most sincere form of self-criticism" - My Film Professor

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    75.65%

That would create such unique puzzles and tricks. It would be awesome! And if they could work on all layers, that would be even more wonderful. Great suggestion, and maybe one of these days, it will come true.

*I am just thinking of how great my custom bosses would be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    47.1%

If this were to come true, like everything else yet, I'd definitly go overboard with it, and everywhere you go there will be a secret of some sort. I guess this is why I don't make games, I always go overboard with the newest features. Great idea though, It would proccupy me for months
    Keeping something big a secret, in case it doesn't work out I can understand.
    But he deliberatly drops little hints just to drive us mad.

Robots in Disguise
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    61.75%

(nam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    99.55%

Yeah!, now I can make some amazing things I had in mind with this.
    Thanks DN.

Thread Information