3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    76.38%

Re: Rather upset.....

Quote Originally Posted by Questions
    Jovo that was blatantly rude. Nightmare just be patient. DN is taking priority on what most of the people want. After that I'm sure he'll start on some more low priority stuff. It's like the principle of supply and demand.
    I've been asking for this stuff for a good 4 years plus, since the end of the PM days.

-James

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/nightmarejames YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/nightmarejames

Game Projects
    Zelda Classic:
    Completed: Zelda NES Remastered, Demo 1st Quest, Demo 2nd Quest, James Quest: Remastered (V 2.1), Memorial Quest, New Quest 2 2015. New Quest: Rebuilt
    In development: Demo SP, James Quest: Remastered (V 3.0)t, 6QI

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    75.65%

Well, even though you have a point, I'd rather have the new stuff that are doing now than L3 moblins. If it was still a Z1 thing with no new additions I wouldn't be making games on Zelda Classic. But I understand what you mean, however, not everyone's wishs are going to come true, since it is the devolpers that make the decisions. Just like you said for 4 years you were waiting for that, some people have been waiting for a bigger screen for just that long. I say the devlopers are doing the best they can to make the majority happy.

Edit: Also, if you look on the ZC discussion forum, there is a enemy poll thread. The devlopers are going to try to add some new enemies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    87.9%

Backwards compatibility is a big issue yes, but asking ZC to go back to its roots is just ridiculous. The Z3-ish and other new stuff that will be added make ZC tons better. But what's the mosat great thing about ZC is that you can still make those "basic 1st quest clones" as much as you will, but some of us want to create some new, fresh, kick-ass jawdropping stuff which is only possible with the new features.

About wanting something for years... heck, I've wanted and asked more shops to ZC for many years too but we've never gotten more and looks like we will not be getting more in a while.
    But I'm still happy with what we got here and I'm not making new threads about it... (Hmm, maybe I should =P )
    --------------------
    "GET a stable version, THEN add more with the builds, DON'T just keep adding bloat to something that doesn't work already.
    Has common sense just left the building, or what?" -Freedom

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    76.38%

It wouldn't be too hard to add most likely.

What do you have to do?

Copy the code, have the enemy read C-Set 9, and add maybe an attack that adds 3 arrows, take off 2 Hearts for Lv. 3 Moblins, etc. etc.

Can't be TOO hard.

I just want to make an addendum to this thread:

A lot of people here did not play ZC when it first came out. There is a group of about 500 to 1000 players that do not prefer the Z3 stuff in Zelda Classic, period. Zelda Classic was intended as a Zelda 1 remake. Personally, I do not like Zelda 3 very much, I like a few options, but that's about it. There are other people who think like me or will go elsewhere for a Z3-style program. And a lot of these people play quests like New Quest and Demo EX and won't touch anything else because of these reasons. I can't speak for many of them, but a lot of them don't visit AGN, but still contact me personally because they played the old versions and will play my things. I will also admit that a lot of these players might have left AGN for other reasons too.

I speak for a lot of these people and I stick with ZC because I had a role in designing this. Who do you think put in the hours to get the first and second quests right? I know things change, but I think I have a right to speak out when the Z1 part is being neglected for the sheer fact I've been here forever. We're not being addressed at all.

My 2C, I'll be MKDS'ing later most likely.

-James

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/nightmarejames YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/nightmarejames

Game Projects
    Zelda Classic:
    Completed: Zelda NES Remastered, Demo 1st Quest, Demo 2nd Quest, James Quest: Remastered (V 2.1), Memorial Quest, New Quest 2 2015. New Quest: Rebuilt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    87.9%

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare
    It wouldn't be too hard to add most likely.

What do you have to do?

Copy the code, have the enemy read C-Set 9, and add maybe an attack that adds 3 arrows, take off 2 Hearts for Lv. 3 Moblins, etc. etc.

Can't be TOO hard.

I just want to make an addendum to this thread:

-James
    Well with this part I have to agree. I mean, how hard can it be to add a simple enemy, or add more shops to the list? I don't know anything about programming, but I don't believe it could take more than 5 minutes or so. But with my luck I'm totally wrong of course... :)
    --------------------
    "GET a stable version, THEN add more with the builds, DON'T just keep adding bloat to something that doesn't work already.
    Has common sense just left the building, or what?" -Freedom

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    88.24%

Can't be TOO hard.
    Except for the completely random, unrelated bug it would create. It has literally gotten to that point, I think.
    ~Dart Zaidyer

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    76.38%

Quote Originally Posted by Dart Zaidyer
    Except for the completely random, unrelated bug it would create. It has literally gotten to that point, I think.
    If it's that bad why don't you throw a private beta my way to make sure that the enemies work fine. Then, the rest can do their job.

Once we add these, the Z1 people are happy forever.

-James

Game Projects
    Zelda Classic:

Developer
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.18%

I'm actually kind of curious as to how you expect the Z1 elements to be expanded. Everything Zelda 1 did ZC can do, tenfold. However, if you've got suggestions (besides the enemy complaint, which is being addressed), I'm sure DN and I would be happy to implement them.
    AGN's Resident Zelda Classic Developer and Sonic the Hedgehog Fanboy

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    76.38%

I'll write the enemy list up tonight if it'll help.

-James

Game Projects
    Zelda Classic:

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    45.47%

I do agree with some things. I do like some of the newer features such as Room carry overs. (We needed that for AGES I tell you!) Layering was good but takes time to do. But I don't happen to like some of the people who judge directly off the screenshot and say "This quest is good, but the graphics are bad so it get a 2." Look at your quest. It's one of better classic ones around. (Demo ex. Although it was really a DX verison Demo quest Phantom Menace did, it takes alot to get remakes done correctly.)

Although I was a bit of a snot when I first joined and tried to beat it when I first started ZC. But I wouldn't want to see Dungeons with blank empty rooms with barely any puzzles. Add some detail but not completely blank.

Thread Information