Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    61.72%

Re: Rather upset.....

Right now, I'm going through all of the current enemies and rewriting code to make them more generic (something that needs to be done in order to have customizeable guys/enemies). At the moment, each enemy has its own animation code even though most of the standard enemies are virtual clones of each other with different graphics and stats (octoroks, zols, gels, stalfos, moblins, etc.). I'm about halfway done with the conversion. Once that's done, I'll continue work on the new Z1-type enemies. Right now, there's only the new Goriya and Leever. Not really much to test yet.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    88.18%

This won't change the esoteric predictability of the enemies, will it? For instance, you can usually count on some types of enemies to move about in a certain pattern.
    The easiest example of that are enemies who turn towards Link if he's on the same line. Goriyas do it occasionally, Darknuts usually do it, Ropes always do it, etc...
    ~Dart Zaidyer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.52%

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Nation
    Right now, I'm going through all of the current enemies and rewriting code to make them more generic (something that needs to be done in order to have customizeable guys/enemies).
    don't toy with me. are you actually planning to make an enemy editor? please, PLEASE tell me you are

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    61.03%

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Nation
    Right now, I'm going through all of the current enemies and rewriting code to make them more generic (something that needs to be done in order to have customizeable guys/enemies).
    In which case, would you consider giving enemies a less restrictive movement grid, like you have with Link? Of course, the current enemies don't have to utilize it, but it would certainly pave the way for new types of enemies.
    - ZeldaLord

Thread Information