Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    76.29%

Rather upset.....

I helped make ZC almost six years ago to be a Zelda 1 remake. It rather distresses me to see that it's becoming more of a Zelda 3 remake these days. I really wish we could go back to some of our roots and finish the more Zelda-1 type of things (like standard Lv. 3 enemies and things). If this is to become a Z3 remake, I will probably start not supporting it because I personally like Zelda 1 and rather don't like Zelda 3 or OoT personally.

If you want to make a Z3 remake, then why don't you just stop ZC and create a whole different program?

Just my two cents.

-James

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/nightmarejames YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/nightmarejames

Game Projects
    Zelda Classic:
    Completed: Zelda NES Remastered, Demo 1st Quest, Demo 2nd Quest, James Quest: Remastered (V 2.1), Memorial Quest, New Quest 2 2015. New Quest: Rebuilt
    In development: Demo SP, James Quest: Remastered (V 3.0)t, 6QI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    88.2%

Re: Rather upset.....

So why can't it be both?
    Everything is there to make your standard Z1 game, and you aren't forced to use any of the newer functions.
    :O)

ZC information I've compiled and my quests
    Adventure Tileset
    Elise's Zelda Classic

Don't ever buy an MTD Product, it's cheap over-priced garbage

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    76.29%

Freedom, I've been asking for things over years like for example, Lv. 3 Moblins that would take more hits, but not be for example, Octorocks on Crack. These type of Z1 enhancements are ignored and there's a lot more concentration on layers and other things. The only new Z1-style enemies I've really seen are the Super Darknuts and the Fire and Windrobes. Can't we expand this a little more?

I'm just tired of these things being ignored.

-James

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/nightmarejames YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/nightmarejames

Game Projects
    Zelda Classic:
    Completed: Zelda NES Remastered, Demo 1st Quest, Demo 2nd Quest, James Quest: Remastered (V 2.1), Memorial Quest, New Quest 2 2015. New Quest: Rebuilt

"Your Pizza has arrived, sir." Dark Spawn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    22.65%

Well they could also start importing stuff from LA, OoS, and OoA. They basically use the same engine as Zelda 1.
    Hi.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    88.13%

Most quest authors are more interested in pushing the envelope rather than doing a straight-forward Zelda 1 adventure. Many of the new features are intended to cater to that.

I think before any new features in the spirit of Zelda 1 are added, the classic features need to be tightened up. Restoring backwards functionality and improving the faithfulness to the original NES game are just as important as finishing up the new features in 2.11.
    ~Dart Zaidyer

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.33%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Quote Originally Posted by James
    I've been asking for things over years like for example, Lv. 3 Moblins that would take more hits, but not be for example, Octorocks on Crack. These type of Z1 enhancements are ignored and there's a lot more concentration on layers and other things. The only new Z1-style enemies I've really seen are the Super Darknuts and the Fire and Windrobes. Can't we expand this a little more?
    What's the difference between new enemies and slightly upgraded enemies? The Super Darknut is more of a change than the L3 Moblin, isn't it? An Octorok on Crack is more of an upgrade than a Super Darknut is, isn't it?

Seriously, don't forget that if you don't want to, you just don't have to use these new features. To ask it to go back to its roots is to ask hundreds of aspiring quest developers to stop using their plasma blowtorches, ion laser drills, and hyper beam cutters, and take up a bone chisel and a rock hammer, and try to realize their questing dreams with those tools rather than what they already had.

Just don't use the new features, James. It's all right there. Nothing's stopping you from making a 4th.qst if you want to.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    88.2%

I've been the lone wolf crying in the night for a bug free version since 182, the only addition I've ask for is a few wav slots added and a way to set them to be screen specific, (like the sea sound) and I've never gotten either one, so you aren't alone.
    Either gotta make do with what it is, or move on, what other choice is there.
    :O)

ZC information I've compiled and my quests
    Adventure Tileset
    Elise's Zelda Classic

Don't ever buy an MTD Product, it's cheap over-priced garbage

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    76.29%

Quote Originally Posted by Britannianhero4
    What's the difference between new enemies and slightly upgraded enemies? The Super Darknut is more of a change than the L3 Moblin, isn't it? An Octorok on Crack is more of an upgrade than a Super Darknut is, isn't it?

Seriously, don't forget that if you don't want to, you just don't have to use these new features. To ask it to go back to its roots is to ask hundreds of aspiring quest developers to stop using their plasma blowtorches, ion laser drills, and hyper beam cutters, and take up a bone chisel and a rock hammer, and try to realize their questing dreams with those tools rather than what they already had.

Just don't use the new features, James. It's all right there. Nothing's stopping you from making a 4th.qst if you want to.
    I already abuse Super Darknuts and the new Wizzrobes. Demo EX reminds you?

I just want a bit more variety. I could make longer quests if we had more upgrades too.

I just feel limited at times Z1 style, and I don't care for the Z3 features moreso (I think the subscreen and maybe some extended items is all I've cared for so far)

So far, I find simple opening from the old one and saving it preserves most. Though backward compatibility would be nice. New Quest is pretty much the same as it's always been, same with the 1st, 2nd, AlphaDawg's 3rd, etc.

-James

Game Projects
    Zelda Classic:

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    83.55%

whinety whine whee sniff sniff haa cough! are you buttholes serious? Zc seems like a good program and these programmers only try to make it better. Go make your own program if youre not happy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.04%

Jovo that was blatantly rude. Nightmare just be patient. DN is taking priority on what most of the people want. After that I'm sure he'll start on some more low priority stuff. It's like the principle of supply and demand.

Thread Information