Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.26%

help?

I am working on my first quest and its a star wars one. I need to know how to make cutscreens for the end of the game. Also does any one know where i can find star wars sprites and/or MIDIs if no one knows where star wars MIDIs are can any one tell me if there is a free MIDI maker out there?If any one can help ill let you bata test the game when its done :) :) :) THaNKS!

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.32%

Re: help?

If you want Star Wars games' music,you could go look Here

I know only one free midi making program,but I don't remember where I loaded it.:confuse2:
    Try using Google,something like Midi Maker.My programs name is
    Midget.But it is little too hard for me.
    Why Ganondorf can't qonquer the internet?Because it is full hyper links!

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.26%

THANKS: :) :) :) :) thats a start! now i need some star wars sprites and i need to know how to make cutscreens

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.09%

I tried, but the closest I could come to finding StarWars sprites was this: TILES

What do you mean by cutscene? Do you want a fancy one or just an opening screen? Better sutscenes require more work. I'm just wondering how much you're looking for.
    Check out the PureZC Wiki at purezc.com. It's a great way to post useful information to help other ZC users or to get help yourself, but it needs our support. If you've got a particular topic you know a lot about, go update the Wiki. Make yourself look smart! :)

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.26%

A fancy one. The game is set on Mustafar (the lava planet) You play as obi-one. I need the cutscene after you beat Darth Vader. You know where obi-one says "YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE" blah blah blah. And if i can't find out how to make cutscenes i can just set a guy and a string.......but it wont look as good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.32%

It's quite complicated and I've never really done it myself. Basically you can set a timed warp on the screen data (in milliseconds I believe) and you have several rooms that you warp from one to the next at the time intervals you set. The actual warp target is set as side warp like when you pick up a triforce piece except that you probably want to use instawarp for cutscenes.
    Koopa - former member of AGN and retired ZC developer.

Karate guys for cash. Aegix Drakan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.7%

Yeah exactly what I did.

It will take bit of rehearsing to get your timing right, but a good cutscene will get people interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez
    AGN is not meant for people who have lives. Come back home, turn the lights off and stare in awe at the glow that comes from the monitor.
    Do you enjoy challenging RPGs? Do you enjoy dark storylines? You'll like my game. Go on, it's not very long.
    You can download my game for free right here!
    Feedback on it would be nice. It'll help with future projects.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.32%

Cut scene,is easy do after triforce picking,because then player can't see it again.Put timed warps to next cut scene screen,just like others sayed.It is only way,what I know.
    I have little idea,how make scenes before bosses or when you come in screen.But it works only theory,so I don't know how it really works.

First make screen where you want cut scene appear.Then place direct or stair warp somewhere in screen,and put tile warp to lead cutscene screen.Then open Data>enemies put trigger enemy in the screen.Then click flags button in enemy screen and check dungeon boss.Then go Data>Screen data and check enekies=secret and No secret sounds.

Then go data>secret combos and put in flag 16's box floor tile what is like your direct/stair warp,but it's type is none,and place flag 16 over your warp tiles.

Now,go your cut scene,and put there dungeon boss flag,check no secret sounds on screen data menu.
    Now,when trigger isn't in this room,secrets triggers automatically when you enter in the room.Because this room have dungeon boss flag,and that overworld screen,ZC "thinks" that levels boss is defeated so it kills trigger in overworld screen,when warps turn normal floor tiles.This is permanent change,so if you enter again this room,you can't see cut scene.With this trick,you can make shops what change them inventory or towns where peoples speak different things etc.

Remember that these two dungeon boss flag screens must be in same dmap.And remember,that you can make only one "trigger enemy trick" in one dmap.
    Why Ganondorf can't qonquer the internet?Because it is full hyper links!

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    11.17%

Quote Originally Posted by Yuke blackhawk
    I am working on my first quest and its a star wars one. I need to know how to make cutscreens for the end of the game. Also does any one know where i can find star wars sprites and/or MIDIs if no one knows where star wars MIDIs are can any one tell me if there is a free MIDI maker out there?If any one can help ill let you bata test the game when its done :) :) :) THaNKS!
    Dude: I got ya back. E-mail me at [email protected] and I'll send you (FREE!!!) the program I use, NoteWorthy Composer... Best MIDI Composer out there, IMHO.

BTW, which MIDI's do you need? I got a couple I can send ya, as well as some BMP and other stuff (NES, SNES pix of the Star Wars Games, etc.)

Thread Information