User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Several Problems(not really bugs)

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    38.05%

Re: Several Problems(not really bugs)

You know what I did what you said(Placed the green box on the south doorway of the Temple)But the blue and others obviusly on the top but Link comes from the blue square now which is wrong,I can give you my tst quest(test quest)Of what im doing and using entrance/exit and doing everything normally but bad results and I need help on how to do this!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    88.29%

When you use instant warps, link goes to the blue square, when you use enterance exit he goes to the green.
    When you enter a dungeon you use a tile warp combo like cave or stairs and set the green square at the edge of the screen above the doorway inside, when you exit the dungeon you use a none combo with a sidewarp and set the blue square in front of the doorway outside so it doesn't trigger the tilewarp.
    If you are using a dungeon type dmap, it causes link to walk 2 tiles forward, so if you don't have the green square right up against the edge, it will result in him walking back out the door.
    I also place the blue, but out in front of the door.
    If you use a tilewarp instead of sidewarp inside the dungeon he will trigger it when entering and walk back out.
    when exiting the dungeon on the outside (overworld) place the blue square.
    fatcatfan changed how sidewarps work in the 184 and 2.10 so double check the blue square for outside, you may need the green because of that change, I'm not sure.
    :O)

ZC information I've compiled and my quests
    Adventure Tileset
    Elise's Zelda Classic

Don't ever buy an MTD Product, it's cheap over-priced garbage

Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    76.24%

--Moved to ZC Quest Editor Help--

Woo hoo, look at the tektites dance!

I just think I'd be happier as a pretty lesbian girl. -- Glenn the Great

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    71.22%

Thanks guys, I already solved my slash and dungeon problem but I still haven't solved my Link problem.

Here is what I do.

ZQuest>>>Graphics>>>Sprites>>>Link

I try to edit those animated Links walking, stabbing, slashing, pounding etc to some other characters and when I play the game, he still remains the same. What is the formula(formula as in that "ZQuest>>>Graphics>>>Sprites etc" to change the way Link looks so I can play as other characters? Also, I went to purezc.com to download some Sprites for Link and all I get is these .gif files of the sprites, how do I put in those .gifs?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    88.29%

You need to change the actual sprites on the tile pages.
    To grab the gifs images into ZQuest, go into tiles and scroll down to a blank page and click on grab, and then choose the gif, highlight the section and press ok.

Most likely you will have to recolor the sprites since the palettes probably won't match, or you can grab the palette from the gif by going into palette>levels> and choosing a new empty palette slot and clicking on grab, choosing the gif, and the palette, and clicking ok.

CLICK HERE for more on working with palettes.
    :O)

ZC information I've compiled and my quests
    Adventure Tileset
    Elise's Zelda Classic

Don't ever buy an MTD Product, it's cheap over-priced garbage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    61.16%

I've always though that Entrance/Exit warps worked exactly the same as having "Continue here" checked on the destination dmap...
    As far as I know:
    - Dying and continuing starts you back on the dmap you died on (which was the source of the "boss music in dungeon" bug), on the green square.
    - Save & quitting starts you on the last "continue here"/entrance/exit warp dmap you were on, on the green square.

Despite this, I've always used entrance/exit warps, because I figured they were a part of the way ZC manages data/loads dmaps.
    - ZeldaLord

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    71.22%

Well now that I got the whole palette thing done with the character I want to use. What would be the path on how to change Link into that character? Going to Graphics>>>Sprites>>>Link does not fix it because when I begin my game, he just stays as Link and not who I want him to be.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.64%

You're right, Graphics>>>Sprites>>>Link won't do anything. It may be used in future versions of ZC, but for right now, it's only there so that you can see your Link sprites and make sure they're working. The only way to change Link's sprites is to go into the tile menu and change them. (Freedom said this earlier, but I don't think you caught it. That's okay. It's a weird concept.) You can change all the other graphics and sprites through the Graphics menu, but to change Link's tiles you'll have to go into Quest>>>Graphics>>>Tiles, find the Link tiles (they'll probably be on the first page), and change them.
    Check out the PureZC Wiki at purezc.com. It's a great way to post useful information to help other ZC users or to get help yourself, but it needs our support. If you've got a particular topic you know a lot about, go update the Wiki. Make yourself look smart! :)

Hacking up an Octorock
    QDB Manager
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.2%

When you do this make sure you keep the tiles in the corresponding spot. Each tile has its own use and if you don't put the right tiles in the right spots, they won't show up correctly.
    The ZC.com Database is alive!!
    __________________________________________________ _____

Curent Quest(s) :
    The Ring of Time.
    Working on whistle village.
    __________________________________________________ ______

Need help with bridges? Check out my tutorial HERE

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    71.22%

I finally fixed that but now I have tile problems. No, its not for my character. What happens is that I don't know how to insert any tile I want into the map because not all the tiles are on that thing on the right side of the screen. I choose "edit combo" on the tile I want to replace but it doesn't work right. It will, for example, change all grave stones into rocks. Also, whats the best way on how to fix the graphics? I hate how they get all those ugly colors and how do I change them into good colors to make them more realistic? I try to do that with edit combo but it changes everything and thats not good. I tried to goto the palattes thing on Freedom's site but I can't understand it well enough, all I could understand was how to replace default palettes with palettes from downloaded gifs.

Thread Information