User Tag List

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41

Thread: The 12 Palaces FAQs

mjciani916
    There's a Like-Like in that room as well with the Death Knights. He is the key to surviving long enough for the statues to warp you.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by bjnartowt View Post
    Hi all, I am stuck on Palace of Mysteries: room in northeast corner with a bunch of sword-shooting death knights. Dan Furst said the trick is to stay alive long enough for the Goriya statues to warp you. He told me to pay attention to where the Death Knights all start: and apparently they all start along the north wall of the room. But how is that supposed to help me dodge them? I can't stay still long enough for the Goriya statues to warp me. Do I need to be standing still? Is there some sweet spot where the Death Knights won't get me? There doesn't seem to be one. Suggestions? I keep getting slaughtered. I could simply hammer the Death Knights to death and quaff two Waters of Life....I almost had them dead.....that may be my only option... :-P

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.27%
    Yes! It worked: the Like-Like made me invincible. I didn't know they did that...

Anyways! I beat the Palace of Mysteries, and have the complete Triforce of Wisdom, and have picked up this neat-o fire-boomerang from the Palace of Treasures. Seems though I have to visit a dungeon with the Silver Arrow to make it past these weird spike-blob things. Can you give me a tiny hint as to where that last dungeon is?

Oh yeah: also, should I have completed the Palace of 50 Trials by now? I have made it as far as the lone Death-Knight after the red Manhandler thingie, but no further (those Death Knights do a TON of damage!).

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.27%
    Oops, never mind! I am in Palace of Darkness: didn't know you could get in the Palace of Darkness without the Silver Arrow. But my question about the Palace of 50 Trials remains!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.86%
    I believe that the room with the Death Knight is the last room in the Palace of 50 Trials. Also, I'm pretty sure that you don't HAVE to complete it, but you get a darn good item if you do.
    My quests:
    End of Time - First quest, uses classic graphics (Help/discussion thread)
    Link to the Heavens - Second quest, uses Pure tileset (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)
    End of Time DX - Remake of my first quest (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.27%

done!

Yes! I beat the game. I'm missing only one Heart Piece : ) awesome quest. really emphasizes the spirit of zelda.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.1%
    Well, it's been a while since the last post, but I'll ask anyway. I figured out how to move the blocks into the smiley face on the one screen with the 8 blocks to get a secret, but there is a room above that one where if you use the magic mirror it shows the same pattern is active, but there are no blocks in the room. Is this room just a red herring? I can't seem to figure it out and I'm one key short of getting to the boss in that dungeon.

BTW, I'm talking about the Palace of Mysteries here.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.86%
    The screen with the smiley face pattern was simply to show you how to complete that block puzzle.

If you mean you're missing the boss key for Level 8, you need to go back to Level 3 (Palace of Water. Along your way to the boss room (it's two rooms before it, in fact) is a water warp that will take you right to the boss key for Level 8.
    My quests:
    Link to the Heavens - Second quest, uses Pure tileset (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.1%
    Nah, I had the boss key. I was missing the one key you had to dive fore in the pool. I forgot about that room after I got the flippers. I already beat the rest of the game. Thanks for your reply though.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.86%
    Haha, cool. :p
    My quests:

Thread Information