User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: need help with ZC

luvurkingjc

need help with ZC

hello, does anyone know why when starting ZC why link moves at a rapid pace? Link seems to move up or down without me controlling his movement he can go right with me controlling but not left. I checked to see if maybe there was a speed for adjustment but all i found was a VSYNC which made it faster and all he did was go up and down. Does anyone know anything about this. could it be the speed of my computer or the version that i downloaded?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    61.03%

Re: need help with ZC

Have you set the controls up correctly?
    - ZeldaLord

luvurkingjc

Yes i did. i baisically set them the same on my keyboard. Left arrow for Left, Right arrow for Right. Up for up and Down for down., etc as follows for the a and b , and left and right keys.. Thanks for your reply

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.54%

What version did you download and where did you download it from?

Also I'm going to transfer this to a ZC-specific forum in the hopes that the problem has been seen before there. I'm choosing ZC Discussion though if it is unique enough perhaps it could be moved to Bug Center.

luvurkingjc

I downloaded 2.10 from Zelda Classic's homepage.

My fiance downloaded it from the download page from this website, and it works fine on his computer.

I uninstalled it from my computer thinking that the one on the download page was updated and reinstalled it. I still have the same problem. When i go into the game Link travels to the bottom of the game screen and faces the wall. when i try to conntrol him he guides himself towards the bottom of the screen. i can to to the upper part of the screen to transfer into another screen and also to the right into another screen but not to the left.

Could it be my computer?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    61.03%

Have you got a gamepad plugged in? I dunno, but that might be interfering with it.
    - ZeldaLord

luvurkingjc

no, the only thing i might have would be a nascar steering wheel controller but thats about it. could it be my keyboard? it has all these extras.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    61.03%

Unplug the streering wheel, that might be it.
    - ZeldaLord

luvurkingjc

nope not it. should i disable the functions of the steering wheel?

Killshade

It might be your keyboard. Some of the newer keyboards have all kinds of new functions. I would try to unplug your keyboard and use your fiance's to see if that is it. Also, try to unplug everything else on the USB if possible. It might be something weird interfering, though I doubt it.

It might be the steering wheel, as some game controllers emulate keypresses, though they don't usually suppress them.

The main idea is to use as vanilla a configuration as possible. Use your fiance's keyboard if possible, otherwise use a plain one from a friend or work if possible. Unplug everything else as much as possible and see if that works. If it does, then keep plugging stuff in, until it doesn't. Voila, deductive computer tech support! :)

Good luck.

Thread Information