User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Andy Rooney Speaks Out

4077 MASH, mess tent. We regret to announce lunch is now being served.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    71%

Re: Andy Rooney Speaks Out

You're missing the rest of his post. The person is attacking positions that he invented. To attack a position that is so extreme that it is rare or entirely absent shows either an incredibly simple mind, or a position so far to the opposing extreme that any opposing view seems extreme.
    "Only sith deal in absolutes."~ Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi
    "There's more than one way to skin a spirit."~ Father John Patrick Mulcahy
    "Toleration is not the opposite of intolerance, but is the counterfeit of it. Both are despotisms. The one assumes to itself the right of withholding liberty of conscience, and the other of granting it."~ Thomas Paine
    http://specaill_ed.tripod.com/quotes.html

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    50.37%

Re: Andy Rooney Speaks Out

I'm gonna have to jump on the "I disagree" bandwagon here. I feel that many of these points overlook important information. For instance, regarding people who don't speak English - sure, English is one of the most common languages spoken in the United States, but last time I checked, the United States does not have an official language. If it's a problem, then fine, go ahead and make English the official language, but you can't bitch about people not speaking the language when technically, there is no official language. I also gotta say that I just love this "My way or the highway" attitude. I'm sorry, but it always pisses me off when people act like they know more about the world than anyone else. Fine, believe what you want, but don't act like it's the only right or correct opinion, because for many situations, there is no right or correct opinion. I'm specifically referring here to child-raising, by the way. Nobody knows how to raise a child properly, so how the hell can anyone claim that they do? Finally, with regards to guns, I think the point was already made, but it's FAR easier to accidently (or purposely, for that matter) kill someone with a gun than with a baseball bat. You don't hear about kids getting into their parent's closets and bashing themselves to death with baseball bats; there aren't news reports about how students went on a baseball bat rampage at their school and killed 20 students. Give me a break.

Okay, done ranting.
    "Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

Thread Information