vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.56%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Re: Biggest Gaming Letdown?

Quote Originally Posted by KRY
    Plus Tifa has a sweet limit on top of all that stuff. It's cool cuz they all string together. I dont know what my biggest let down was. I'd have to say Hulk for GCN.
    Who cares? I've always just wanted to fuck her between the tits and splooge on her face. Every damn battle in that game won with Tifa left me needing to masturbate furiously. Incidentally, if I needed to get some progress done in that game, I'd keep her out of the party.

Same thing happened with Lulu in FFX.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.04%

Lulu >>> Tifa. Easily.
    http://s9.invisionfree.com/Revenge_Of_Saro/index.php?act=idx

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.08%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Yeah I have heard that stuff about Aeris before. The problem is there is a lot of BS floating around the internet about her too. I once read this really elaborate explanation of how you were supposed to "revivie" her by going in the sub and finding that materia she drops in the water (or something) and then apparently that was fake. There was a lot of fake crap like that around.

But yeah, if she had maybe died in the last disk or something I think it would have been better.

Regarding the Underwater Materia, it's also possible the Weapons were planned for the Japanese version but not finished until the American version. Hence the materia being in there but not having a point. And as for her limit break, it's possible they just beefed it up to lower the "suck" factor of her being lost so soon after you get it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.44%

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiman
    Silent Hill 4- This game wasn't nearly as creepy as it could've been. No broken radio, no dark areas, and no flashlight. Granted, there were some parts that were disturbing (apartment building, 2nd time and the room hauntings), but SH3 was much scarier. Also, combat seemed kinda rushed. Enemies had a ton of life, and you always had to kill them by stomping on them (which looked odd when Henry's foot went through them).
    Yeah, I understand. What really irked me about the game was that the game was distinctly level-based. SH3 was, as well, but in SH4 it was even worse. The game also goes for the gore factor more than the psych factor, which drops it down a notch. In addition, the Links-like "charge up" system for melee weapons was very awkward. I still enjoyed the game, but I think the series was at it's best in SH2.

Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper
    I thought Half-Life 2 was a let down. Not really because the game was bad, but just the way it ran. I was so disappointed when it ran terrible even after meeting the recommended specs that it pretty much ruined the entire game for me. I expected a game like Doom 3 to run worse when it had more demanding requirements, and when it actually ran smoother on a system that didn't meet the minimum requirements then Half-Life 2, I was extremely disappointed.
    That's really strange. HL2 runs like a dream on my machine, with all the settings cranked, wheras Doom 3 still won't run at any graphical setting above "medium."
    Proud sponsor of the Oh, God of hangovers.

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    86.53%

This may already of been said, but Metal Gear Solid 2:The movie . Well, that's basically how I remember it. There were at least 4 hours of cutscenes, in a 10 hour game. The game itself was good, but what the hell was with the story? The la-le-lu-li-lo(sp?) had to of been the dumbest name ever used in a game. What the hell were the Patriots? What happened in the last hour of the game, when the guy kept sending you weird messages over and over and your gf was all messed up? How come when you wait in the cold-passage way as naked Raiden, a Japanese model appears in the mini-map/radar. Ok, I may of been a little biased at the end of the game, but I can't hold it in for an hour, so I kinda missed the last two cutscenes, so I don't even know how the game ended.

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    45.37%

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDragoonX
    Yeah, I understand. What really irked me about the game was that the game was distinctly level-based. SH3 was, as well, but in SH4 it was even worse. The game also goes for the gore factor more than the psych factor, which drops it down a notch. In addition, the Links-like "charge up" system for melee weapons was very awkward. I still enjoyed the game, but I think the series was at it's best in SH2.
    Yeah, and while there were "levels" in SH3, it didn't even seem like they tried to cover it up in SH4. You go in the hole, Subway, cutscene, home, go in the hole, Forest, cutscene, home, go in the hole, Water Tower, cutscene, home, go in the hole... well, you get the point, then after you get the hosital, you get to do it ALL over again. :mad: Pretty lame way to try and connect with all the characters.

I agree, SH2 was my favorite in the series, and it has nothing do to with the fact that I think Pyramid Head is one of the coolest baddies in any video game. It was just really good because of the depressing psychological story. Ok, enough of that...

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Marsden's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.73%

Quote Originally Posted by Daarkseid
    Who cares? I've always just wanted to f**k her between the tits and splooge on her face. Every damn battle in that game won with Tifa left me needing to m********e furiously. Incidentally, if I needed to get some progress done in that game, I'd keep her out of the party.

Same thing happened with Lulu in FFX.

Edited for naughty language - Darth
    Load up eMule and do a search for her.

Gaming letdown? Umm... I've mentioned Sonic Heroes, right? (I will NOT shut up about that.) Okay, I'll go with Billy Hatcher. It's just so damn weird that I honestly can't play it for long without going 'WTF?' and giving up. It's just bizarre. I payed £40 for it, and I've played it about three times in the last year. Blah.
    AGN's resident Doctor Who, Star Wars and Torchwood fan

Current life projects: Survive job, stay awake, write stuff, find new job. Not in that order.

Hey, I do online reviews now! Check out my site to see the latest videos.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.19%

I was thinking about getting Billy Hatcher, but I decided not too. I figured if Sega couldn't polish it's own mascot's game, what makes me think they would do so for a new franchise?

Don't get me wrong, I like Sonic Heroes, and I didn't have as many problems with it as you did, but it has a lot of things wrong with it.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Marsden's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.73%

Quote Originally Posted by vegeta1215
    I was thinking about getting Billy Hatcher, but I decided not too. I figured if Sega couldn't polish it's own mascot's game, what makes me think they would do so for a new franchise?

Don't get me wrong, I like Sonic Heroes, and I didn't have as many problems with it as you did, but it has a lot of things wrong with it.
    That's ALL I wanted to hear. Billy Hatcher isn't really a bad game, but it's just bizarre. If you can, rent it and see what you think. It takes a little getting used to.

More Gaming Letdowns! When I heard GTA San Andreas was going to be more stat-based then its prequels (I like the idea of getting different clothes though!), Halo PC, Star Wars : Jedi Academy, Earthworm Jim 3D, Unreal 2, Shrek 2 GC, Wallace & Gromit in Project Zoo and Enter the Matrix.
    AGN's resident Doctor Who, Star Wars and Torchwood fan

Current life projects: Survive job, stay awake, write stuff, find new job. Not in that order.

Hey, I do online reviews now! Check out my site to see the latest videos.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    50.82%

I agree that Starfox Adventures was a letdown - there was no real reason for me to carry on past a certain point, which was quite far into the game, but a part I found annoying (the bit where you fly on a pteradactal, shooting towers.) So I stopped playing.
    Another game I found a huge letdown was Shining Soul for the GBA. Not a major game, but it got a good review so I bought it. Never have I been quite so annoyed in a game. The whole thing is based on pressing A enough times to make your thumb drop off. The reviewers must have been seriously high when they wrote the review. Maybe I should sue and get my £30 back...

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Marsden
    Star Wars : Jedi Academy, Earthworm Jim 3D, Unreal 2, Shrek 2 GC, Wallace & Gromit in Project Zoo and Enter the Matrix.
    Shrek. Wallace and Gromit. Of course they were rubbish. They're licences. But not letdowns. Well, to me at least.

And I enjoyed Billy Hatcher, but it is indeed bizarre. Also it suffers from Sega Camera Angle Disease (SCAD). Especially at the end where you find a hell of a lot of bottomless pits.
    "I was in heaven and you don't care,
    My lucent orb is fading bright,
    All of this hatred turns you on,
    You can taste my life forever..."
    - Energy, InMe

:whitemage :whitemage :whitemage :whitemage
    Specifelecity - Meaning the small splats of bubble gum on pavements that have
    gone black with dirt. "This city is full of specifelecity." "I'm specifelecitising! Help!"
    I just LOST the GAME. So did you.

Thread Information