Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.52%

Re: Biggest Gaming Letdown?

MegaMan Network Transmission. it was fun, but WAY too short. that, and MK: DD. and Space Invaders for GB. I STILL can't get past the first fucking level... those three are my greatest letdowns. the rest of my games are actually pretty good, because I do research before I buy (MK: DD was an exception to that. good reviews, but it was a huge letdown when I played it...)

クールな男
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    96.8%

Super Mario 64...wtf, a cake? The game was uber fun, and its like, HAHAH, FINALLY GOT ALL DEM EFFING STARS...DO I GET AN ULTRA COOL FUN MODE TO PLAY IN NOW? Yes! You get...STARE AT A CAKE MODE!! OMFG R0XX0RZ...I cut my wrists in a bathtub after that...-_-'

Actually, Zelda 2 was a really hard game for me when I first got it as a kid, and I kept playing it and playing it. The day I finally beat it...I was like...Alright...what else happens? A midget gives me the triforce...do I need to do this seven more times...? Yeah. I still love Zelda 2 though OH MAN. :O Mario64 was a bigger disapointment though...I have yet to beat Cake Watching mode...

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Marsden's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.5%

I have memories of that Jurassic Park game, but I don't think I played it on the SNES. Was it also on Genesis? Or maybe it was on Amiga or something. I DEFINATELY remember those FPS sections. Ugh!

Yeah, and multiplayer on MK-DD!! kinda sucked. A total of 6 battle tracks? Bah! I could make better ones on my PC while sleeping.
    AGN's resident Doctor Who, Star Wars and Torchwood fan

Current life projects: Survive job, stay awake, write stuff, find new job. Not in that order.

Hey, I do online reviews now! Check out my site to see the latest videos.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.68%

I liked FFTA.

My biggest letdown is the entire action genre these days. I just can't stand the 3-d action adventure games. I miss the SNES and Genesis days of that. Thats why I love my GBA so damn much.
    Talga Vassternich -- Deserve Victory

--------------------------------------------------------

Check out my YouTube channel! I'm doing video game reviews and retrospectives from the NES/SNES eras.
    I also now have a webpage: www.braselthegamer.com
    Contributor for Gaming Rebellion! Columnist of the new series Breakdown!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    86.01%

I have to say Megaman Battle Transmission too. I only got interested in him because he was a Navi that lived on the internet and fought viruses (I love the Navi idea) and I loved 1 and 2 so naturally I thought the GCN game would be a mega huge, mega long, RPG exactly like the GBA ones. It even said it was an RPG with important story stuff on the back (I think) But instead it was just platform levels (Platformers bore me now) and it was a big dissappointment, I can't even play it. Also, it was cool in Japanese, but kinda weird, why didn't they translate it? That kinda says that they didn't care for the game... Huge RPG would have been so unspeakably fantastic...!

Also, I hated WW, I never finished it. I. Hated. The WATER! I hate sailing, I hate ships, in games. There is nothing more boring in a game then sailing, useing that weird sea map...The dang TRIFORCES were in the water and had to be dug up didn't they? I dunno, I got lost in the Earth temple with Little Leafy Boy.

On a good note, I never got to play OoT on the 64 so I preordered WW for the bonus disc (I wish I'd have know about the collection back then...) and OoT was Spectacular, so I'll just pretend I bought it and got WW as a bonus, lol. ^_^

Monica
    ~~~
    [12:41] heroknight21: Yeah, I've got Netzero.
    [12:41] MetallixGirl84: Eww lol
    [12:41] heroknight21: Yeah. Makes the internet look like vomit for only $5 more a month!

~~~
    AIM: MetallixGirl84 MSN: [email protected] Yahoo: MetallixGirl84
    Xanga Myspace

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.94%

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    My biggest letdown is the entire action genre these days. I just can't stand the 3-d action adventure games. I miss the SNES and Genesis days of that. Thats why I love my GBA so damn much.
    Play Viewtiful Joe. It's a side scrolling beat'm up with cel-shaded visuals that just oozes style. You gain powers that let you slow down, speed up, or zoom in to beat up baddies and pull of some cool moves. Did I mention it's really hard too?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    3.81%

I haven't had any major letdowns, but there were some things in games that made me go "... That's it?"

Resident Evil 3- I hated how you had almost every weapon from the start. I was able to blast zombies away very early in the game (I was playing on normal, however).

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask- I liked this game, but there weren't enough dungeons. I would've really liked it if there were at least 2 more.

Final Fantasy VIII- This game didn't seem as in depth as the others in the series. A lot of people say it's one of their favorite games. It happens to be my least favorite. The storyline was kind of odd, and I despise points of no return (disk 4). I also like to buy weapons and armour. I didn't enjoy having to search for items to improve your weapons.

Starfox Adventures- There's no replay value! I would've liked this game more if it was a little more difficult, and had something to make me want to play it again. And like I said before, I HATE POINTS OF NO RETURN.

Silent Hill 4- This game wasn't nearly as creepy as it could've been. No broken radio, no dark areas, and no flashlight. Granted, there were some parts that were disturbing (apartment building, 2nd time and the room hauntings), but SH3 was much scarier. Also, combat seemed kinda rushed. Enemies had a ton of life, and you always had to kill them by stomping on them (which looked odd when Henry's foot went through them).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.78%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Yeah, Starfox Adventures just sucked. I never even beat it. It was too boring. After that game I could only say "good riddence" to Rare. They clearly lost their touch when all those designers/etc left after Perfect Dark.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    25.27%

Starfox Adventures was kinda fun the first time, but I had nothing to do, not one thing.

Majora's Mask was way too damn short, and WW was just SAAAAAAAAAAAILING ALOOOOOOONG...*zzzzzzzzzz*

FFTA...I really liked it the first time I played it, then I got Fire Emblem and never looked back. After the first Totema battle it became WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too easy, you seriously have to TRY to die. Stays at that same difficulty till around the last battle, where if the queen summons the right totema, you lose. If she doesn't, it's easy.

I will give it credit for some things, it was very long, maybe a tad too long, but it did eat away several months of my life but then again it was my first SRPG, so I didn't know how to compare it.

Also had possibly the worst storyline EVAR...I made a parody of it on GameFAQs, but I think I lost it.
    http://s9.invisionfree.com/Revenge_Of_Saro/index.php?act=idx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    6.61%

Super Mario Sunshine. I was hoping for a game that would bring back memories of SM64, which I spent a lot of time playing. Instead what I got was a game with fairly uninteresting levels, a horrible gimmicky water pack doodad, and a world that looked mostly the same through and throughout with uninspired character and enemy designs.
    Link to the Past Tileset for ZC available here: http://www.filespace.org/bam200308/lttptileset2.4.zip

"Lie? Me? Never. The truth is far too much fun."

Thread Information