Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    87.86%

Re: Biggest Gaming Letdown?

I've had my biggest gaming let downs with the Gamecube. Both Starfox Adventures and Mario KartD!! were big let downs for me, but nothing beats Wind Waker in the disappointing race. I mean wow, I almost wanted to cry because that game was so crappy. I had never played a bad Zelda game and I still had this blind trust to Nintendo a few years ago but with WW the Big N managed to destroy the so far perfect series for me. I had so high expectations for the game, but what did I get? A kiddy version of OoT (It's like a toned down version of OoT. All the music, dungeons, graphics, everything were lame, and the game was so insanely easy that it destroyed all the fun). Ok, I've said enough. :)
    --------------------
    "GET a stable version, THEN add more with the builds, DON'T just keep adding bloat to something that doesn't work already.
    Has common sense just left the building, or what?" -Freedom

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    25.27%

Yeah, Mario Kart DD was another disappointment, just because I wub MK64 so much.
    http://s9.invisionfree.com/Revenge_Of_Saro/index.php?act=idx

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    71%

My biggest gaming letdown would probly' be Final Fantasy X-2.

I guess Square was never meant to make sequels.
    If the internet's taught me anything - it's that a person is not defined by their physical appearance nor the skills they possess. They are defined by the way they communicate with each other, and how they're able express themselves in a form unimaginable in the past. Let us create a neighborhood for each other, a realm of peace. For every day, we build ourselves upon the words we speak, and those we've enlightened.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    7.92%
    Secret of Mana.
    I had already played and enjoyed Secret of Evermore a lot, and on the internet I kept seeing people say SoE sucked compared to SoM, and that SoM was or nearly was the best game of all time. I figured that was probably somewhat exaggerated, but tried it out anyway.
    WTF? Play control was spotty, hit detection was pathetic, the combat system needed a total overhaul (magic and weapons in particular), characters were flat and predictable (when you could actually tell what they were supposed to be doing), storyline... I'd have preffered if they had NO storyline at all. By the time I had managed to get past a Wall Face boss (who just sat there and killed you with magic while you tried in vain to hit him with your normal weapons since you ran out of MP no matter what, even with Fairy Walnuts, until he decided to just crush you against the back wall while you tried to attack) I was ready to give up, but I pressed on to see if things got better. I got up to a village of Mushrooms without seeing anything that might interest me, and then I had to return the game.
    Earlier this year, I had a chance to play Legend of Mana. Which I thought was about as good as most people seemed to say SoM was supposed to be. So I decided to give Secret another shot, and this time I brought my brother along so we could do 2 player, which I figured might have been what I was missing. I figured it couldn't really have been as bad as I thought it was.
    It was. I managed to find a reindeer asking me to save Santa Clause (WTF just doesn't cover a situation as stupid as that) before I decided staring at walls would be a better way to spend my time. My brother decided to stop playing well before I got there, though.
    I've been too scared to try out SD3 since then. It might be almost as good as SoE or LoM... or it might be nearly as painful as SoM.

I've played games which were worse, but I always knew in advance that they would be worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelda64Gld View Post
    FUKC YUO GOAT FUCKRE!!!111

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.6%

Linkafier makes a good point, X2 was a total piece of shit. Then again I didn't have hugely high hopes for it in the first place.
    Quest64 was a huge letdown because I had waited so long for an N64 RPG and then all we got was that huge pile of crap.
    Lufia 2 was also a big letdown because they did everything right except the 2 most important things in an RPG: story and challenge.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.78%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Quote Originally Posted by Kairyu
    Secret of Mana.
    I had already played and enjoyed Secret of Evermore a lot, and on the internet I kept seeing people say SoE sucked compared to SoM, and that SoM was or nearly was the best game of all time. I figured that was probably somewhat exaggerated, but tried it out anyway.
    WTF? Play control was spotty, hit detection was pathetic, the combat system needed a total overhaul (magic and weapons in particular), characters were flat and predictable (when you could actually tell what they were supposed to be doing), storyline... I'd have preffered if they had NO storyline at all. By the time I had managed to get past a Wall Face boss (who just sat there and killed you with magic while you tried in vain to hit him with your normal weapons since you ran out of MP no matter what, even with Fairy Walnuts, until he decided to just crush you against the back wall while you tried to attack) I was ready to give up, but I pressed on to see if things got better. I got up to a village of Mushrooms without seeing anything that might interest me, and then I had to return the game.
    Earlier this year, I had a chance to play Legend of Mana. Which I thought was about as good as most people seemed to say SoM was supposed to be. So I decided to give Secret another shot, and this time I brought my brother along so we could do 2 player, which I figured might have been what I was missing. I figured it couldn't really have been as bad as I thought it was.
    It was. I managed to find a reindeer asking me to save Santa Clause (WTF just doesn't cover a situation as stupid as that) before I decided staring at walls would be a better way to spend my time. My brother decided to stop playing well before I got there, though.
    I've been too scared to try out SD3 since then. It might be almost as good as SoE or LoM... or it might be nearly as painful as SoM.

I've played games which were worse, but I always knew in advance that they would be worse.
    You suck Secret of Mana rocked. Legend of Mana did suck though. Probably the only bad Mana game in my opinion. It would have been ok if they didn't try to make it some sort of "create your own world" deal in the absence of a true storyline (was there one? All I saw were bits and pieces that were mostly self-contained in each area). In any case, the whole thing was too disjointed. I never felt like there was a real reason I was going to all of these places (aka a story). It was just all too random. Plus everything was all cutsie and full of animals. Mana has always been animated storybook-like and I had no problems with the graphics, it's just that it seems like they changed what was a normal RPG type setting into a fairy tale.

And yes, Quest 64 blew absolute chunks.. One of the worst N64 games, hands down.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.67%

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock
    This probably wasn't the biggest, but the ending for Jurassic Park for SNES was really really REALLY lame for as hard as that game was. It was like a mode 7 of the island that rotated and said "You have escaped Jurassic Park". That was it.

LMAO Thanks for bringing this up. When I was a kid, me and my friend spent so much time trying to beat this game. It became an obsession. After everything we went to trying to beat it, all we got was this lame ass little ending. Blarg!

For me, the biggest gaming let down of my life was Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords. I loved the first KOTOR. I beat it three or four times with different character styles/alignments. KOTOR II took everything that I loved about KOTOR and eliminated it, then took everything stupid that I hate about video games and made it central to the gameplay and story. Speaking of story, there wasn't one. It was the most stupid plot ever. Horrible game, horrible let down, waste of $50.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.78%

Quote Originally Posted by Beldaran
    LMAO Thanks for bringing this up. When I was a kid, me and my friend spent so much time trying to beat this game. It became an obsession. After everything we went to trying to beat it, all we got was this lame ass little ending. Blarg!
    Haha I know.. I rented that game so many times trying to beat it. I even had the Nintendo Power maps and they were worthless. It wasn't so much that it was *difficult* in that it was "hey, have fun guessing where you are supposed to go now!".. If I'm remembering it right anyways. It had those FPS type levels inside it too which were even more confusing (because they were crappy FPS.. like the original Wolfenstein 3d type FPS) and I remember there was one specificly where I spent forever trying to figure out what to do only to discover that there was a door somewhere that was wierd looking (it didn't look like a door to me - I didn't even notice it) and I had to open it to let out some raptors or *something*. In any case, I spent so much time on it and that ending was just not worth it.

Edit: I couldn't find a picture of it but it was something like this:

Stick that (yes, with the logo) on a mode 7 plane and rotate it. Then put "You have escaped Jurassic Park" on top of it and that is the ending.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.94%

Ah Jurassic Park...I never did beat the game. I think the farthest I got was the Raptor cave where you had to set off nerve gas bombs to kill their eggs. btw, that game scared the crap outta me many times in FPS mode. I'd be walking through a hall and BOOM, Raptor in my face!

Quote Originally Posted by Britannianhero4
    I also didn't like Castlevania: Circle of the Moon. It was nothing compared to Aria Of Sorrow, White Night Concerto, and obviously one of the greatest games of all time, Symphony Of the Night.
    For me it was the opposite. I loved Circle of the Moon and it's DSS card system, and was disappointed in Symphony of the Night. SoTN is a great game, and I love the visuals and music, (not to mention Alucard is badass) but it wasn't as good as I expected. And Harmony of Dissonance, don't get me started - that game is such a SoTN wannabe it's sickening. I haven't played Aria of Sorrow yet, but I'd like to.

As for the Mana series, in my opinion the story was never really good. The action is what pulled me into the series, and I love the charm of the characters and world. I doubt I'll enjoy Legend of Mana if I get it, since it sounds like many of it's features carried over into Sword of Mana, but I'd still like to play it.

As for SD3 - again, the story isn't that great, but it's really fun, especially considering there's a lot of replay value in being able to choose your team of 3 out of 6 characters, and choosing how you grow in the game through changing classes. Plus, if you want action, SD3 has plenty. In fact, sometimes the fighting is overwhelming, but the game still keeps you playing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.77%

Im gonna take this on another route and say lack of new ideas for games would be my gaming letdown. I have not bought a new Ps2 game since Madden of last year when that came out. The last game Im buying for the PS2 is Madden 2006. Every game that comes out now is the same thing but with a different title. Some games can get away with it, but I cant see buying alot of these games that come out nowdays

Thread Information