Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    25.02%

Biggest Gaming Letdown?

FFTA, no contest. That's got to be one of the worst made games of all time. God it was boring.
    http://s9.invisionfree.com/Revenge_Of_Saro/index.php?act=idx

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Marsden's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.43%

Re: Biggest Gaming Letdown?

Daikatana. The demo was so bad I almost laughed. Then got killed by a f**king frog. Gah! Okay, I'm joking, but it still comes in my top 5. My biggest gaming letdown has to be the fact that you HAVE to have an internet connection in order to play Half-Life 2. I don't have one on my gaming PC, so I had to use a crack. THAT'S NOT A GOOD THING, VALVe.

Also, I'd like to nominate Final Fantasy 1 and Skies of Arcadia Legends, for their terrible, terrible endings. And if anyone can fully explain FF's ending to me, they get a cookie.
    AGN's resident Doctor Who, Star Wars and Torchwood fan

Current life projects: Survive job, stay awake, write stuff, find new job. Not in that order.

Hey, I do online reviews now! Check out my site to see the latest videos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    76.51%

Actually, I rather liked the style, and the story was the classic Square sort that I like. But I admit the action is tediously slow.

The biggest letdown I can remember was a NES game called "Demon Sword" I think. Got it for my birthday, had finished it in a few hours by essentially just mashing buttons. Rather sad. But then I didn't exactly have high hopes for it either, so maybe it doesn't classify as a "letdown".

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." - C.S. Lewis

"Hypocrisy is wrong, but a society which decides to live up to its standards by not having any is worse." - George Neumayr

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.87%

Chrono Cross - it had it's good points, but I expected a lot more of a game that was so critically acclaimed and supposed to be the sequel to Chrono Trigger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    14.19%

My biggest let down was Star Wars Rougue Squadron 3: Rebel Strike. It looked so cool in the commercials, but when I got it that christmas morning, I was so disappointed. So, since then I reaserch games before i buy them to make sure they don't let me down.
    Winner of the Side Splitter award in the first Writing Contest

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.69%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

This probably wasn't the biggest, but the ending for Jurassic Park for SNES was really really REALLY lame for as hard as that game was. It was like a mode 7 of the island that rotated and said "You have escaped Jurassic Park". That was it.

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.3%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Most underrated game? I'm inclined to make mention of games that were popular back six years ago, but would flop now due to comparisons between technology.

For example, the game Outcast. It got, like, 90% in PCGamer. Instant Hit. Well, I played it merely last year, and it was very difficult to even play, much less enjoy. A Shame.

I also didn't like Castlevania: Circle of the Moon. It was nothing compared to Aria Of Sorrow, White Night Concerto, and obviously one of the greatest games of all time, Symphony Of the Night.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.87%

Oh, I forgot to mention that the battle mode in Mario Kart: Double Dash was a big let down. I liked the new modes, and being able to steal balloons from your opponent was nice, but the arenas are so small! I think the only good ones are the Warp Pipe one, and Luigi's Mansion (which you have to unlock first)

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Marsden's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.43%

Quote Originally Posted by Britannianhero4
    Most underrated game? I'm inclined to make mention of games that were popular back six years ago, but would flop now due to comparisons between technology.

For example, the game Outcast. It got, like, 90% in PCGamer. Instant Hit. Well, I played it merely last year, and it was very difficult to even play, much less enjoy. A Shame.
    I played Outcast a year or two ago. I thought it was pretty good, but you have to remember that even back then opinion was divided. I remember PCZone giving it a sixty-odd percent score, which seemed a little harsh. I'd have given it about 80%, but that's me. I like Zelda-ish open adventure/platformers.

I'd also like to mention Quake III. I'm an Unreal man myself, but I gave it a go and found it quite enjoyable (Hell, I kicked some proverbial ass with it when I was a tUniversity). But after a while, I just got bored. THAT'S what UT had over Q3 - multiple game modes. And don't talk to me about mods, they're useless if you don't have an internet connection, as I didn't back in those days. And there was also the difficulty levels. There were 5, and you kept going back and choosing a lower one until you realised that you were always using the easiest setting all the time.

Bit of a dissapointment for me, really. Plus you couldn't go akimbo. TRAVESTY!
    AGN's resident Doctor Who, Star Wars and Torchwood fan

Current life projects: Survive job, stay awake, write stuff, find new job. Not in that order.

Hey, I do online reviews now! Check out my site to see the latest videos.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    27.29%

Final Fantasy VIII, definitely. I was really looking forward to it, but it just didn't capture my interest as much as the previous games did. It wasn't the gameplay or the setting, I liked all of that, and thought that the draw/junction system was pretty innovative. I think it was because I hated Squall.
    You could no more evade my wrath than you could your own shadow...

Thread Information