Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    7.01%

Re: Resident Evil 5 to PS3 and Xbox 360

No games will "require" HD, its just an added bonus for those who have HD-capable TV's. Thus why I don't understand why Nintendo won't embrace HD. It's not leaving anyone behind. Anyway, I'm not gunna get into that.

Personally, I don't think this game will make it to Revo. What will happen, the PS3 and 360 versions will release, with a Revolution port announced later. Eventually, they will cancel it because of fear of it selling bad. That's just my theory, anyway.
    Link to the Past Tileset for ZC available here: http://www.filespace.org/bam200308/lttptileset2.4.zip

"Lie? Me? Never. The truth is far too much fun."

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Marsden's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.73%

Quote Originally Posted by Orion
    No games will "require" HD, its just an added bonus for those who have HD-capable TV's. Thus why I don't understand why Nintendo won't embrace HD. It's not leaving anyone behind. Anyway, I'm not gunna get into that.

Personally, I don't think this game will make it to Revo. What will happen, the PS3 and 360 versions will release, with a Revolution port announced later. Eventually, they will cancel it because of fear of it selling bad. That's just my theory, anyway.
    Not a bad theory, but I disagree. Ninty & Capcom have a good relationship, and judging by the sales of RE4, it'd be a bit stupid not to port it over. Hope they do it sooner rather then later though.
    AGN's resident Doctor Who, Star Wars and Torchwood fan

Current life projects: Survive job, stay awake, write stuff, find new job. Not in that order.

Hey, I do online reviews now! Check out my site to see the latest videos.

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    45.37%

Well, who knows. But this was on Gamespot

As expected, Resident Evil 5 will take advantage of the PS3's and Xbox 360's high-definition graphics.
    So where does that put Revolution? If thats the case, it doesn't seem like they would want it on the Revolution.

Takeuchi avoided revealing the character's identity, but did mention that the core developers of RE5 include members of the original RE team, and that the character is someone that the developers are fond of.
    Many speculate that the character is Chris Redfield, the hero from the original Resident Evil.
    When told that the unshaven man looked a bit too old to be Mr. Redfield, Takeuchi said that the Resident Evil timeline has continued on, and the hardware capabilities of the next-generation consoles are finally allowing characters to look as old as they're supposed to.
    Takeuchi confirmed that that RE5 will be an authentic sequel to the series' main plot rather than a side story (as Resident Evil 4 was), and the developers are considering some kind of a conclusion to the franchise's storyline.
    Just some of the highlights of the article. Does this mean it could be the end of RE? Or just the end of anything zombie related? And is it in fact Chris that we see? I guess there could be some similarities...

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/adve...s_6130166.html

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Marsden's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.73%

I hope it is the end. Considering the number of spin-offs and sequels that have come out, I guess there's around 10-15 different Resident Evil games, and that's just ridiculous.
    AGN's resident Doctor Who, Star Wars and Torchwood fan

Current life projects: Survive job, stay awake, write stuff, find new job. Not in that order.

Hey, I do online reviews now! Check out my site to see the latest videos.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.56%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

The spin-offs, like Gun-survivor or whatever, don't count; their storylines are explicitly separate from RE's storyline.

The outbreak games would fall into the storyline, if only that they show how various unrelated characters handle escaping the zombie menace in Raccoon City. These don't have much bearing on the plot. Other than maybe revealing some minor details(like the fact they reveal the RPD building used to be an art museum, partially explaining the bizarre architecture and puzzles found in RE2).

The actual plot has only been the focus of 6 games. They probably should work on concluding the storyline(and finally reveal that god damn organization Wesker joined). However an end to the series would be dissappointing.

Thread Information