Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.1%

Re: Zelda Classic Beta (Re-)Application

I only become a beta tester to try the Linux and Mac ports in order to find platform specific bugs. I've never thoroughly looked for bugs in implemented features. So here's my resignation.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.18%

Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe
    Have fun filling it out!
    *flips off BJ* Friggin' paperwork.

I. General Information

Me Hypercrash (though I usually go by 4matsy these days). Me sit down. Me play ZC. ZC is my g@\/\/d.
    ...Oh, and I like to hack ROMs, too.

II. Experience Using a Computer

I've been messing around with computers since I was 3. First an old Tandy Color Computer back in the 80's, then a 486 with Windows 3.1 (ah, old days), and finally the two Pentiums I've got today (the older one a 233 MHz, this one a 2.66 GHz).

a.Do you know how to change the resolution of your computer screen?
    Yup.

b.Do you know how to use command line options in a DOS Prompt and/or add such options to shortcuts?
    Uh huh.

c.Do you know how to copy/paste/rename files in order to make backups of important documents?
    Oh yeah. Learned this one the hard way...

d.Do you know how to run a simple website?
    No...

e.Do you have any experience using other platforms than Windows that are intended to be supported? If so, elaborate.
    I've had Slackware Linux for a couple months and am trying to get used to it...

f.Are you an artist[pixel or otherwise]/music composer? (If so, you may provide examples of work you've done in the past)
    /me loves 8-bit pixel art.

g.Are you a programmer?(If so, elaborate on what programming languages you understand, and provide examples if you wish)
    Not really.

h.Have you beta tested other software in the past?(If so, include names of tested software.)
    No...ZC takes up enough of my time as it is.

III. Experience Using Zelda Classic

I've been playing ZC since 1.77, right before the editor was publically released in 2000. I've played and beaten countless quests, but have yet to release any of my own...here are some pics of what I have in store though.

IV.Summation

I think ZC is the best thing since sliced bread, and want to help see to it that the program is eventually bug-free.

V. Section for Current Beta Testers (To be omitted in public thread.)

a.How long have you been testing?
    Since the early 1.92 betas.

b.Do you keep obsolete betas for historical purposes?
    Yeah, sometimes. Like the betas that had those alternate items...
    "Walking around naked is a health issue. Forinstance, if you walk around naked and aren't a hot woman, people like me are a threat to your health when we start shooting at you."
    -Mottzilla

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    3.71%

I've been a Beta Tester for ZC ever since April of 2001 I believe, two months after I registered here at AGN. When I was active, I enjoyed testing Zelda Classic very much. Unfortunately, I haven't been active at all with ZC or AGN as a whole for a while now. I am still mildly interested in Zelda Classic as a whole, but I will likely not be able to test nearly as well as I would have years ago. Someone else should take my place.

I submit my resignation in the position as a beta tester.

It's been fun.

~ KJAZZ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    38.7%

Lightbulb Re: Zelda Classic Beta (Re-)Application

I. General Information

Include a general description of yourself. Things you do, things you enjoy doing. No personal information(i.e. race, job,location, education, etc) is required, but if you wish to provide such information, you may...

Include information on the duration of which you've been using a computer, and software that youve used in the past.

Also, try to answer the following questions:

Yes

b.Do you know how to use command line options in a DOS Prompt and/or add such options to shortcuts?
    Yes

c.Do you know how to copy/paste/rename files in order to make backups of important documents?
    Yes

www.theriosonline.net is mine, BigJoe has been there.

e.Do you have any experience using other platforms than Windows that are intended to be supported?
    If so, elaborate. I can install, and operate Linux fairly well. I am learning to work with Mac's at the moment.

f.Are you an artist[pixel or otherwise]/music composer? (If so, you may provide examples of work you've done in the past)
    I do a couple different art forms, nothing that really related to games though.

g.Are you a programmer?(If so, elaborate on what programming languages you understand, and provide examples if you wish)
    VB6, VB.NET, and C#, learning C++ at the moment

h.Have you beta tested other software in the past?(If so, include names of tested software.)
    Matrix Online, World of Warcraft - Can provide proof on both

Include information on the duration of which you've been using Zelda Classic and/or ZQuest. Include general informaton about how long you've been using either, quests you've beaten, quests you've made, etc. I have been using ZC since 2000. I never really had enough time to complete a whole quest besides the originals.

At this point, include pictures of quests you've worked on. (If you must, you can include links to sites where you have pictures posted.)

IV.Summation

In this section, elaborate on why you would be an asset to the team, and provide other information that you wish to include which isnt addressed in any other section.

I am very skilled in working with computers. I have been programming for quite a long time now, and perhaps I can provide advice if the developers get stuck on an idea. I would also like to help in making utilities for ZC somehow.

A little over a year

b.Do you keep obsolete betas for historical purposes?
    Yes, I am a pack rat :)

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.1%

I. General Information

My name remains anonymous, hence why i chose this name--its also ironic because i do know a lot about the program & have spent many days makng quests, yet have ironically never submitted a single one. Sounds bad, i know, but i go to college & spend no time whatsoever at school with Zquest--only during the summer & on breaks. However, i know a lot about the program & have made a descriptive tutorial covering basic things about zquest up to 1.80

I've used a computer since about 4th grade. I can type about 65 words per minute if i'm simply typing out a paper i have already written. I took a Windows application class in high school to learn about Word & Excell and i have taken a Multimedia Class in college so i know how to use Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, & powerpoint. I often use powerpoint & microsoft word for school projects & papers.

I dont know scripting but may take such a class in college to get a feel for how to do computer scripting.

Also, try to answer the following questions:

a. Yes, I know how to change the resolution of your computer screen?
    b. I know some of the commands yes.
    c. Yes, i know how to copy, paste, rename, & backup files.
    d. Kinda--if provided the write programs--and i know you can do it using microsoft word--as far as doing it from 'scratch', i'm not so sure
    e. I know a little bit about macintosh--like how to copy, paste, delete, open, close, save & move files. I used a mac for my multimedia class.
    f. No, i admit--but i do like changing tiles in my quest--most of the tiles i edit, i change the colors or add something or overlap two tiles, etc.
    g. Sorry, but i have no programming skills.
    h. No i have not beta tested other software.

I have been using Zquest since my sophomore year in high school (so about 4 years now) I finished one quest but never submitted it, as our computer crashed & we had to clear the hardrive of everything. I continue to make 'quests' although i prefer simply fooling around with zquest, figuring stuff out, and then writing help files & tutorials & helping people on this forum & such others as purezc.com.

I dont have any pictures of any quest, except for maybe the pictures you can find at
    http://www.geocities.com/idontknowtu...?1048292445858

IV.Summation

I will be an asset because i know how to use the program extensively, i check this forum about 2 or 3 times a day so i always know updated information & always am helping others and will report bugs & provide feedback on the betas.

a. I've been a beta tester for about a year now.
    b. Yes, i do keep obsolete betas.
    My Zquest Tutorial
    tutorial document

Working on a quest, I swear i'll finally finish one, one of these days!

--Overworld: 60% done
    --Dungeons: 0% done
    --Misc: 0% done

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.06%

[/size]
    I. General Information

I'm C-Dawg, and I've been invited to join the Beta Testing team again by J-man. I have some spare time in the next few months (thank god the bar exam is over) and I'll be tinkering with the new version during that time at least.

I have been on these internets of which you speak.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

I don't know much HTML, but I know how to set up local hosting.

e.Do you have any experience using other platforms than Windows that are intended to be supported? If so, elaborate.

Macintosh.

Yes.

I'm only competent in Java.

No.

Self-explainatory.

IV.Summation

I'm the only one who has the combination of patience and understanding do what it is that I do, with the possible exception of Petoe (so far as I know.)

Off and on for two years.

Have fun filling it out!

[/center]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.69%

I. General Information

I'm a 20 year old computer geek going to Drexel University for a BS in Software Engineering. Big Linux fan. I was a major AGN member a while back, but I don't browse the forums like I used to. I do occasionally check for updates to the beta, but I haven't frequented the beta forum recently--partly because it slowed down a lot (especially during the alpha testing) and for a while because of the lack of a working linux version.

I'm a Linux Geek. In fact I havn't had Windows on my computer for over a year now. I'm on SuSE 9.1 if you must know.

a-d. Yes, I can do all that stuff. I can also probably write a shell script to do all that stuff.
    e. LINUX
    f. Not much of a pixel artist. I have done some ripping though, from StarTropics and from the original Warcraft
    g. I know JAVA pretty well.
    h. I beta test my own software. Does that count?

First used ZC around the era of 1.84. I havn't used it much lately because of the lack of Linux versions, and I've sort of moved on to other things.
    Quests I've done:
    TexDex Quest
    Isle Quest
    StarTropics First Quest
    The Warcraft Graphics (quest unfinished)
    IV.Summation

If you plan to keep the Linux beta maintained and actively developed, I'll stay. Otherwise I'll get bored and probably end up quitting.

a. Been a few years, I'd have to look to be sure. Like I've said before, I havn't been really active lately.
    b. I had a bunch of 140 era builds on my old computer, which has since been formatted. I havn't done that as much since then.

I'M BAAACK!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    81.74%

Although it's been fun, ZC has just lost my intrest. So, I am going to resign as a tester. Ya'll have fun now.

And put in arrows. Seriously. It's a bow, not a rupee launcher.
    Oh, if you want it to be possesive, it's just "i-t-s"; but if you want it to be a contraction then it's "i-t-apostrophe-s"... scallawag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    88.13%

I. General Information

- I am Pete, a Finnish quest designer. I enjoy creating stuff (making quests, drawing, composing music etc.) I grew up with Super Mario games and I am a gaming nut, but since I am currently unsatisfied with the current state video game industry, I'm making my own games with Zquest. Most of my computer time goes to working on ZC.

- I got my first computer as late as 1997, 8 years ago. I used to use computer only for surfing on the net and doing some schoolstuff with it, but during the last few years I have started getting more familiar with computers. But I am not any kind of a computer expert. If a bigger and serious problem occurs, I have to turn to my father who is a computer wizzard.

a) Do you know how to change the resolution of your computer screen?
    - Yes, very simple.

b) Do you know how to use command line options in a DOS Prompt and/or add such options to shortcuts?
    - Nope.

c) Do you know how to copy/paste/rename files in order to make backups of important documents?
    - Hell yes. I am a backup nut. Don't want to lose any important info ever again.

d) Do you know how to run a simple website?
    - Yes, but only a very simple.

e) Do you have any experience using other platforms than Windows that are intended to be supported? If so, elaborate.
    - No.

f) Are you an artist[pixel or otherwise]/music composer? (If so, you may provide examples of work you've done in the past)
    - Well I am both, but I haven't released any music yet.

g) Are you a programmer?(If so, elaborate on what programming languages you understand, and provide examples if you wish)
    - No.

h) Have you beta tested other software in the past?(If so, include names of tested software.)
    - Nope.

- I have been using ZC from the days of version 1.84. I'm working on very complex quests so I know ZC and most of its secrets extremely well. If someone hasn't heard of MMDWR which is one of the most downloaded and highest rated quests, take a look here (includes screenshots): http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page...ments#comments

IV.Summation

- Just like C-Dawg, I try to test the limits of ZC and push the engine by using the program to its fullest extent with my quests.

V. Section for Current Beta Testers

a) How long have you been testing?
    - Over an year. But I have been a bit too concentrated on my own work and the last 6 months I was serving in the army so I haven't done much. But now that life is back to normal, I really want to try to improve from that.

b) Do you keep obsolete betas for historical purposes?
    - Yes, most of them.
    --------------------
    "GET a stable version, THEN add more with the builds, DON'T just keep adding bloat to something that doesn't work already.
    Has common sense just left the building, or what?" -Freedom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    94.84%

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to follow the herd here and resign. Long story short, I'm on my way to following my passion of becoming settled into the gaming industry. I've been doing a lot of things, my life has done a complete 180 and I want to take full advantage of it.

This means of course, I won't be able to test the beta versions of ZC very much anymore. I'm sure I could do testing in September after I get back from New Jersey, but I'll save bigjoe the trouble and resign now. As much as this hurts to do, as I would love to revel in ZC's growth and continue testing with you guys, I'm gonna have to realize that I can't do this forever. Don't mind my watery eyes, I'm just watching The Notebook right now.....honest....

I'm getting a feeling of Vuja De - where you know you've seen it before, but don't want to remember it.- Ganonator

Thread Information