Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.09%

Minigame ideas

here, post your ideas for minigames (so you can play and currently make) see what others can come up with!

here are my ideas:

monster arena(puttin in my quest)
    mazes(puttin in my quest)
    whack-a-mole (puttin in my quest)
    Archery (to complicated for me)

thats all i can come up with
    Yup....I'm back, I guess.

www.spudnickator.proboards31.com <A FF forum with over 115 members.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    3.58%

Re: Minigame ideas

I've actually made an archery minigame, that operates on a timer.
    You have 13 seconds to nail 10 gels, 4 of them are tribbles, it works. When I release a beta for my quest, you'll be able to test it... I was pretty proud of me. I've got admission charges and everything.
    Hey, eat this snail quick

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.35%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

You can make a really nice minigame consisting of a small timed maze. You can plan it out perfectly beforehand, operating under this principle. You have three colors of "blocks" that are up, besides the usual maze borders. There are several buttons scattered around the maze. Each time you press a button, one of the three colors of blocks change from being up to down, and another one goes from down to up, screen-wide. You have only this one screen to navigate.

What's the thing stopping you? It's a timer. You can combo-cycle the floors underneath all this stuff to warp you out of the maze or something like that. Shouldn't be TOO hard. You'd just have to time the combo cycling right, as well as make all the buttons work, and plan out the maze. It's nothing too hard.

クールな男
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    96.83%

I had this really good idea of searching for a dungeon, going through it, solving puzzles, grabbing a decent item, slaying small monsters, and then at the end, slay a large monster, and grab a triforce piece, yet Nintendo beat me eight times over for that, in one game even...

You could do a cheap little, PICK A CHEST GAME. Just use a timer on the warp to the game grounds, with X amount of possible outcomes. So if you go to MAP A, then chest 1 will have this, and chest 2 will have that, and chest 3 will have something else. Yet, if you step onto the warp tile at a slightly different time, and go to a different map, then the outcome of the chests will be different. Easy stuff. ^_^

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.09%

Quote Originally Posted by punkonjunk1024
    I've actually made an archery minigame, that operates on a timer.
    You have 13 seconds to nail 10 gels, 4 of them are tribbles, it works. When I release a beta for my quest, you'll be able to test it... I was pretty proud of me. I've got admission charges and everything.
    How do you charge admission? ive been wanting to do that for my monster arena

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    16.38%

Alright, well let me tell you how to make ADDMISSION. It's fairly easiy. It also illustrates what Misc 1 can be used for...

HOW TO CHARGE ADMISSION IN A MINI-GAME:

1. Go to quest>graphics>sprites.
    2. Make sure theres no graphic set for misc 1.
    3. Make the screen where you pay the admission.
    4. Set a guy to the room.
    5. For room type set it to shop.
    6. Make a shop type where the frist item in the shop is nothing, the second item in the shop is misc 1, and the third item in the shop is nothing. (This makes misc 1 appear centered)
    7. Set the shop type to that number shop type that you just made.
    8. Make sure you charge a decent price.
    9. Set yuor string.
    10. Test it out and see the effect!
    EFECT: The effect this makes is that the misc 1 will be invisible but the price will be above it, and that will tell Link how much it is to get in. When Link walks foward towards the item, he'll grab it, and it'll be a useless item. This'll make you able to play an infinite number of times. If you make the room with the prize room type 'special item' and put tjhe prize in a chest the prize will only appear once. If you come back and play it, the prize will not be there, but you'll still be able to play, letting the player play 'just for fun' just like in the real Zelda games. Hope this guide helps.

The mini-game in my quest was called Hazard Havoc, and you had to stay alive in a frenzy of stuff like fireballs, falling rocks, etc. for a set time to win the game. It sucked in the beta version, but in the final it was decent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    3.58%

Thats a good idea... Dodging. Gonna remember that.
    Hey, MSA, maybe Im missing something in teh new ZC... but how would you have warps that change on a timer? Is that possible?
    Hey, eat this snail quick

Nomau

Well I made this mini like game it sucks though. But if you use a admission price it might work better.On the pure Zelda site I foung train tracks and a mine cart,just make a mine cart minigame,and put ruppes over the track and make differt paths so people have to pick what path has the most rupees.Its sorta cool,you could make it a rafting one also since the raft and mine cart are both the same object so you just need to make a raft path. Tell me if you ever work it!

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.09%

Quote Originally Posted by Nomau
    Well I made this mini like game it sucks though. But if you use a admission price it might work better.On the pure Zelda site I foung train tracks and a mine cart,just make a mine cart minigame,and put ruppes over the track and make differt paths so people have to pick what path has the most rupees.Its sorta cool,you could make it a rafting one also since the raft and mine cart are both the same object so you just need to make a raft path. Tell me if you ever work it!
    Thats a good idea, but it could only work once. But then again, so can many others!

Oh, and thanks for the admission thing, it will really help.

Nomau

Thanks. I might use a monster arena myself.But another minigame idea would be a Boss rush mode,You start out with a sword and sheild and walk from an empty room to a room with a boss,when it dies you get a item or a heart container.Then when the door opens you walk into another room with a different boss,kill it get item or container then next room boss, and so on and so on.It could test a players speed and fighting skills.

Thread Information