Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    69.5%

Re: Calling all testers: Priority Suggestion Thread

Here's one I forgot to mention... would it be possible to make combo cycling operate on lyaers? There have been people who really want this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    49.76%

2. New quest rule: 'Combo cycling on layers' Incorporates code that allows combos on layers to cycle in the game engine. Properties don't take effect (as usual), but I assume it'd be useful for certain animations as well as changes in collision.
    In the 2.11 beta 1 and 2 thread...
    Current Quests in Progress...
    Zelda: Eya's Song

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    95.97%

Since my other suggestions were rather complicated, I'll just restate one of them and that is the combo that acts as a warp when you push a button. There can be an A and B button, or heck, how about one for all the buttons? If you make a room that disabled all buttons except walking, you could set up an elaborate password system by entering A, B, Start, and the 2 cycle buttons. But anyway, if nothing else, just the combos that trigger a warp when you press the button. It beats having to press down. Imagine a title screen where you actually have to press Start instead of press the down key? A variation of this, which is more complicated, would be a combo that depending on what button you press, you are warped to a different screen. It would use tile warp and side warp, or there could be one where it's tile warp or direct warp, depending on what button you press on top of the combo.

Push button switches are also a good idea. That way you could have a toggle switch that doesn't cause rapid cycling of secret combos, as well as look better.

How about a rule to disable sword and wand graphics? How it would work is that the sword and wand won't actually come out, but instead of a projectile can be fired, it would be fired as if it was an arrow. This is good for quests that want the game to be more gun oriented instead of sword oriented. Also would be a quest rule to make link shoot from an actual bow, but I think that's allready planned.
    The name might be missleading, I'm not jigglypuff.

"...A Bible! A Bible! We have got a Bible, and there cannot be any more Bible."
    Second Nephi 29:3

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    88.68%

The "New" Warp System had that as a feature, Jigglysaint. Why not just implement that?

Here's another suggestion: The option to assign a regular string to an item. When Link picks up the item for the first time, it will display the string while Link is holding the item in the air. When it's finished, you can press A to dismiss it, much like an intro string.
    There can be a "display once" checkbox as well, so the string will only be shown one time and then never again. Useful for Bomb and Bait items so the game won't explain what they are over and over again.
    ~Dart Zaidyer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    95.97%

Quote Originally Posted by Dart Zaidyer
    The "New" Warp System had that as a feature, Jigglysaint. Why not just implement that?

Here's another suggestion: The option to assign a regular string to an item. When Link picks up the item for the first time, it will display the string while Link is holding the item in the air. When it's finished, you can press A to dismiss it, much like an intro string.
    There can be a "display once" checkbox as well, so the string will only be shown one time and then never again. Useful for Bomb and Bait items so the game won't explain what they are over and over again.
    I don't recall hearing anything about a combo that allows you to warp when pushing a button on top of a combo. If it is, I haven't seen it.
    The name might be missleading, I'm not jigglypuff.

"...A Bible! A Bible! We have got a Bible, and there cannot be any more Bible."
    Second Nephi 29:3

Developer
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.48%

I haven't seen any code for such a thing either, although i'll admit I haven't been looking too much for it.

Switches and warps that require button presses are nice, though it will probably be a more simpler scheme than anything else when it is implemented.
    AGN's Resident Zelda Classic Developer and Sonic the Hedgehog Fanboy

I shall exalt myself over all Armagedddon Games bigjoe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.81%

Compass Overlay: A Dmap setting. Its an image precisely the size of a map that is laid over the map when you collect a compass, which , thus, will reveal whatever the user wishes to have his or her compass reveal. If left alone, compass will function as normal.

"No Shadow in Passageways" Rule - Flying enemies such as bats will not leave a shadow in a passageway or dungeon item room.

By the way, I think you mentioned that you were making new subscreen types. Do you mean subscreen types that will use custom user items rather than triforce, or just expanding it for more items?

EDIT:
    -Default Damage Values-
    If theres not going to be an item editor any time soon, can the default damage values for certain items be changed? Id like to be able to give my player a hammer in the first portion of the game, but since it takes the same amount of damage as the magic sword, its not a likely candidate.

Other things that could be done:

Weaker wooden arrow, and thus , each following arrow is weaker.

Weaker fire boomerang.

Stronger first sword than second sword, but second sword shoots beams.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    25.63%

I don't think I saw this anywhere, how about a flag delay option? There's several items that if used with tiered secrets will cause multiple flags to activate, like the boomerang. Some won't stop activating secrets, like the arrow. So, if tiered secrets are used, we'ld have this flag delay that we could set that sets that would force ZC to wait a time limit before the next flag could be activated.
    LinktheMaster: Owner / former administrator of PureZC, a ZC fan site with resources and tutorials.
    Fairy Dream: A joint quest between Nick and myself. Check it out!
    Zelda Classic Manager: A Zelda Classic launcher and organizer.

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.39%

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheMaster
    I don't think I saw this anywhere, how about a flag delay option? There's several items that if used with tiered secrets will cause multiple flags to activate, like the boomerang. Some won't stop activating secrets, like the arrow. So, if tiered secrets are used, we'ld have this flag delay that we could set that sets that would force ZC to wait a time limit before the next flag could be activated.
    That would be nice as it will also help with the trigger a flag multiple times in a row.. I once shot an arrow at a crystal switch in PolygonX8's SDR and it literally "Froze" ZC. The secret sound would not shut up and Link was unable to move. So I think this will be a perfect solution to that.

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.46%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Yes, I suppose that is a pretty good thing to implement. =/ Perhaps put the "wait" input box near the Timed Tics in the screen flags screen, and set the "default" to half or a third of a second. That would be wonderful. :)

But having an arrow FREEZE ZC? O_o' ... That's a little excessive, IMHO. I was just replaying Sabotage Dragoon, and I was in the Inverted Tower, hitting switchthings with the Partisan, (L1 "Sword.") and the secret triggered like, twelve times (Estimate) before the blade had left the tile. Freaky, huh. :p

Thread Information