0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.36%

Re: Calling all testers: Priority Suggestion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jman2050
    I don't remember hearing anything like that... is it possible the quest maker didn't have the linked combos rule checked?
    LTM PM'd me at PZC about it. I believe it may have been Chuck Block (SDR)... and sorry to say, jman, but I've ALWAYS had the rule checked (I opened the quest a few minutes ago). Which means, there's a bug with the rule. Might want to check it out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    24.61%

Wait... you might have misunderstood what I was refering to. I'm not talking about multiple damage combos in a row. That's fine. I'm talking about 1 single combo. If you have 1 single damage combo, you can walk in between of a regular combo and the damage combo to avoid damage.
    LinktheMaster: Owner / former administrator of PureZC, a ZC fan site with resources and tutorials.
    Fairy Dream: A joint quest between Nick and myself. Check it out!
    Zelda Classic Manager: A Zelda Classic launcher and organizer.

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.3%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Whoah, that is REALLY Odd. I You mean, ... Okay.. ASCII-Based Diagram time.

OOO
    OXO
    OOO

Okay, the X is a damage combo, the O's are regular floor combos, and you're walking BETWEEN the two blue ones FROM the south, going North, across the left half of the Damage tile. I assume that's it, right? .. So that doesn't damage you?

However, if you walk from the red O onto the Damage tile, you get hurt even before your character seems to enter one pixel's worth. Kinda odd.

I shall exalt myself over all Armagedddon Games bigjoe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.39%

Heres another suggestion: Button Warps. Press a button, and be warped. If not an entire new warp type, it could be something in Screen Data, like [Button] triggers [Warp Type]

ex: A triggers Side Warp

I had suggested this along with the "Invisible Link" and "No Subscreen" stuff, but for some reason, only those got added.

Oh and maybe a "Deny Game Input" screen flag to go along with them, that way , you wont see any sword beams zipping across your title screen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.53%

This goes along with bugfixes, but I would like to see the map import/export feature working again. Then maybe I could finally finish my group quest since the work got spread across 2 files.

And I can't believe nobody mentioned arrows! I'd also like that flamethrower that was in one of the betas a while back. It was a fun item and would make a good addition to the list of items that use magic.
    And on the subject of retro ideas, it would be nice to have the LttP-style dark rooms where you have a region of light around Link and you can light torches to brighten the rooms. Since we have transparency effects which didn't exist when that was first attempted it might work better now.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.36%

Quote Originally Posted by Cloral
    And I can't believe nobody mentioned arrows! I'd also like that flamethrower that was in one of the betas a while back. It was a fun item and would make a good addition to the list of items that use magic.
    I think BH4 here mentioned something of that today... and a long time ago, IDK said something of adding a Wand 2 that shot electricity if you held B (or something to that effect). Was this flamethrower you're referring to that item?

Oh, I've got another suggestion. Would it be possible to make ZC have more than one sword beam on the screen at a time, jman?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    24.61%

Quote Originally Posted by Britannianhero4
    Whoah, that is REALLY Odd. I You mean, ... Okay.. ASCII-Based Diagram time.

Okay, the X is a damage combo, the O's are regular floor combos, and you're walking BETWEEN the two blue ones FROM the south, going North, across the left half of the Damage tile. I assume that's it, right? .. So that doesn't damage you?

However, if you walk from the red O onto the Damage tile, you get hurt even before your character seems to enter one pixel's worth. Kinda odd.
    Yep, your explanation is right on. The current damage combos are really funky. They are ultrasensitive head on, but like in this, they aren't at all. I do have to agree with you though, damage combos are practically too sensitive when going onto them head on. Which, the ultrasensitivity wouldn't be bad if Link wouldn't get propelled in a direction when he turns.
    LinktheMaster: Owner / former administrator of PureZC, a ZC fan site with resources and tutorials.
    Fairy Dream: A joint quest between Nick and myself. Check it out!
    Zelda Classic Manager: A Zelda Classic launcher and organizer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.53%

Quote Originally Posted by PolygonX8
    I think BH4 here mentioned something of that today... and a long time ago, IDK said something of adding a Wand 2 that shot electricity if you held B (or something to that effect). Was this flamethrower you're referring to that item?
    One of the betas took a lot of the items and transformed them into slightly different items. The potion became poison which made your screen go wonky. The bombs became remote bombs (hit b again to blow them up) and proximity mines. The boomerangs became bomberangs that exploded on contact. You had to be careful to hit something with them, or they would come back and blow up in your face. The candles became flamethrowers that shot out a continuous fan of flams as you held down b. It was sorta like the Gleeock2 breath, but it only traveled about 3 tiles and it fanned out rather than being a single stream.
    The reason I brought them up is the code for them probably still exists somewhere, which would make the implementation a bit easier.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.36%

Wow... interesting item-twists. O_o Perhaps this flamethrower could be a "candle 3"? Now, the remote bombs sounds excellent, and those were even in TMC. Perhaps a new room type or something called "bomb switch" to switch between regular and remote. And for the remote, there'd be tiles for it stationary, then ones for it exploding.

You should add these after the next stable release, jman.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    48.92%

I ask for one thing right now: A Combo that stops arrows.
    Current Quests in Progress...
    Zelda: Eya's Song

Thread Information