Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    24.61%

Re: Calling all testers: Priority Suggestion Thread

While we're on the subject of swords, why not a "disable item sounds" room rule? You know, for cutscenes and stuff. It get's annoying listening to the sword sound.
    LinktheMaster: Owner / former administrator of PureZC, a ZC fan site with resources and tutorials.
    Fairy Dream: A joint quest between Nick and myself. Check it out!
    Zelda Classic Manager: A Zelda Classic launcher and organizer.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.36%

Well, LTM... I believe DN installed a "No A Button" screen flag, which means the sword will be disabled for a screen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    95.6%

I think that any upgrades like slashing and half magic should also be in item format as well as room. That way you could have a shop that sells these upgrades as scrolls or somthing. I also think we should come up with more upgrades. I'd say at least 8, to give diversity. I also like the idea of items that trigger quest rules. There could be two items for select rules, one that turns it on, and one that turns it off. Imagine an item that makes traps only go halfway accross the screen? Imagine an item that upgrades your subscreen, maybe add a clock? Imagine an item that upgrades certain items so that they no longer require magic? Just think, you can pick up magic bottles, but you have to first LEARN how to use magic in order to use it. The possibilities could be endless, and would give the game much depth. In fact, you could go a step further and make new rules up exclusively for the purpose of items. Imagine, a ring that makes you take less damage from traps. Think, a amulet that makes ghinni 2's not harm you. Yeah, it's like suggesting an item editor and enemy editor, but maybe just start small and see what comes of it?
    The name might be missleading, I'm not jigglypuff.

"...A Bible! A Bible! We have got a Bible, and there cannot be any more Bible."
    Second Nephi 29:3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    94.54%

Yeah, items in the form of certain upgrade room types would be great, like getting an item that increases your max bomb count, instead of pulling link through a series of rooms with conveyers and stuff.

And I think one item that toggles a quest rule would be enough Jiggly.

I'm getting a feeling of Vuja De - where you know you've seen it before, but don't want to remember it.- Ganonator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    95.6%

Also a couple more suggestions:

First, dive warps and swim warps need a direct warp variant. This will allow for better dungeons that are flooded, as large expanses can be made that require you to dive.

Another idea, and often suggested, is a screen flag that would basically "room is underwater". What this means is that if you enter the screen, whether or not you have the flippers you will instantly be transformed into "mermaid Link" and will be "swimming". It can't work like in the oracle of ages since we don't have 8 way moving, but it could just be the graphics, maybe a slight speed reduction, and only b button items would work. Also, the screen could be wavy like in the game, giving that underwater affect. It would be a screen flag, and like I said, no flippers needed. I say this because it's like that in Oracle of Ages.
    The name might be missleading, I'm not jigglypuff.

"...A Bible! A Bible! We have got a Bible, and there cannot be any more Bible."
    Second Nephi 29:3

Taichi!
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    15.1%

"Room is underwater" actually is a good idea, and so is what I've heard about Map Copying. I'll look into those, and talk to jman/DN about it. I'd love to get out some new screen flags, hehe.

Thread Information