Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.16%

Calling all testers: Priority Suggestion Thread

As a new member of the team, I want to get started right away. Of course, I'm not just going to do anything on a whim. Thus, for the time being it'd be beneficial if we had a thread for priority suggestions you would like to see immediately in ZC. Anything is fair game, regardless of how plausible you think it sounds. I'll keep an ongoing list of suggestions I would like to work on (or am working on) in this post, from stuff either stated here in the thread, in this forum, or even the public discussion forum. I invite DN and FCF to also list what they're working on in this post as well, that is, if there isn't anything they're holding back (and believe me, there are a few surprises I'll keep from you as well)

THE UBER-HUGE ZELDA CLASSIC SUGGESTION LIST (in technicolor)

Red - Under consideration
    Blue - On the backlog
    Green - Being worked on as we speak
    Purple - OMG DONE

jman2050:
    Bug Fix release (priority, collaborative effort by entire team)
    Timed Pit Warps (Postmortem - So easy to implement I don't know why DN didn't XD)
    Categorized flags in ZQ
    Simpler quest loading
    New enemy patterns
    AGN's Resident Zelda Classic Developer and Sonic the Hedgehog Fanboy

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.39%

Re: Calling all testers: Priority Suggestion Thread

Hmm.. How about the ability to have scrolling screens? (I know this is a bit far-fetched.. XD)

I shall exalt myself over all Armagedddon Games bigjoe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.51%

Id like to see a mostly bug free release before some new stuff, but.... ah hell, suggestions wont hurt.

Four Tile Warps per Screen (One in each divisible chunk in the screen. Like Upper-Left, Upper-Right, Lower-Left, Lower-Right)

New Enemy Appearance Patterns
    (Falling From Sky: Enemies Fall From the Sky one by one and when they land begin following their normal pattern)

(Rise From Ground: Enemies burrow out of the ground one by one in the manner of a leever, and begin following their normal patterns)

Hmm, and if you want to be even MORE farfetched...

Enemy Editor!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.96%

I believe a more stable release should be a priority over new features, but here are some ideas I had:

1 .Not sure if it has been talked about recently, maybe it has and I just missed it, but what about a "guy" editor?

I imagine it being similar to how strings are added to rooms. Instead of choosing a string number that has a line of text associated with it, you choose a "guy" (possibly identified by a number or a short name) with the tile used to represent that guy from a certain cset.

2. An enemy editor, like bigjoe said. Nothing too fancy mind you. Something that would let you easily choose which tiles that enemy would use, and change it's health, vulnerabilities, weapon, etc.

3. Floor masters - basically wall masters that roam the floor (maybe like Ropes!). These first appeared in one of the Oracle Zelda games I believe. I think they should behave so that if you are grabbed by one, you won't be pulled through the ground and back to the dungeon entrance until a certain amount of time passes - maybe the same amount of time it takes for a Like-like to eat your shield once it catches you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.11%

Bug fixes are the first thing I'd like to see.

However, another neat little thing (that really needs to be done at some point) is categorized flags.

A big mess. But looky! A pulldown menu!

And like magic! All of the block related flags are listed!

I suggested this before, but it was lost when a database restore happened (I think?).

Seriously though... 90 (and probably more in the future) flags is a bit too much to search through with no shortcuts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    71.61%

Like everyone else, I think we should get out a bug-free release before any new features are added. But...

1. String triggers (probably a flag)--this is something I've been begging for for a long time. This would work for signs or NPC's. The flag could be placed in front of signs, or on all four sides of an NPC. (Now that we have eyeball combos, an NPC could turn to face Link to talk to him.) The string would disappear when Link steps off the string trigger.

2. A player that has a simpler system of loading custom quests, thus eliminating the first question all newbies ask. Make it obvious.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message.
    However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    88.21%

I want to see the new Warp system fully implemented, including selectable screen transitions and all that stuff.
    ~Dart Zaidyer

Developer
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.16%

I figured a bug free release was obvious. Isn't as easy as it might seem, but rest assured that's on the top of our list.
    AGN's Resident Zelda Classic Developer and Sonic the Hedgehog Fanboy

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.68%

jman, curious on these timed pit warps... is it going to be timed tics set for the tile warp, but the warp acts as a pit?

I have a few suggestions, but they aren't big or really needed. But, with them, you could create somewhat of a good RPG battle system.
    Screen flags:
    - Disable B button
    - Enemies cause no damage

I thought I heard awhile back DN was putting in a flag to disable the A button on screens for cutscenes and such. Anyways... with these flags, it could be somewhat done like this:
    First, Link attacks (and timed pits could be good here). The enemy runs around and can't hurt you. After Link's itme is up, the enemy attacks. Both buttons are disabled from Link, so you have to run from the enemy. With timed pits in combination of full-screen warps, this could be pretty effective for regular enemies.

My last suggestion is a new enemy (could there be room for it under Ganon?) that steals rupees and other items. Perhaps a Rupee Like from the FS games for taking rupees (5 every two seconds would be reasonable), or a thief like in LTTP that takes rupees and bombs.

I didn't download 2.11 (because I was told all the bugs were fixed, so I'm waiting for the next release), but I made a New Enemy Tiles guide at PZC, and perhaps you could implement all the unfinished enemies (in red):
    http://www.purezc.com/forums/index.p...T&f=6&t=12873&

I say to forget about the BS Aquamentus's, though. Maybe a few of these done (like the wallmasters as vegeta previously stated) would be good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    24.9%

Indeed, bugs should be the top priority.

Personally, I think a combo-flag cycling would be nice. You know, the combo cycles and a flag pops up above it. Very nice for something like Custom Bosses.

Another thing that would be nice would be to make and stairs work if Link is above them, period. You know, if the combo cycles and it puts Link over the pit, and he isn't moving, nothing happens. It would be nice if he actually would warp. Still, Custom Bosses come to mind.

The thing would be to make damage combos more sensitive. I was playing a quest with a custom boss, and you could avoid the damage combos by being halfway between 2 combos. It made the custom boss loads easier than it would have been.

The last would be to fix the thing about launching the hookshot on a half solid combo. If Link is on the non solid part, he simply shoots over the solid part, thus ruining some dungeons.

But... like I said, bugs should be the first priority.
    LinktheMaster: Owner / former administrator of PureZC, a ZC fan site with resources and tutorials.
    Fairy Dream: A joint quest between Nick and myself. Check it out!
    Zelda Classic Manager: A Zelda Classic launcher and organizer.

Thread Information