User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Need 3rd Quest help (Official and Unofficial)

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    9.23%

Re: Need 3rd Quest help (Official and Unofficial)

Yay! I found Level 9! The boss rush before it was pretty cool. Then we have the welcome mat...

Oh, and I LOVE the Mirror Shield. Suddenly, Wizzrobes--the most dangerous enemy around, in my opinion--are much less terrifying! They just kill themselves! :rofl:

And I got the Silver Arrows! I can beat Ganon easily enough now--assuming I can reach him. I think I can handle that.

And what better way to top off such an extreme quest than with Billy Joel's "I Go To Extremes"?

Ah, sweet quest. I still have a few questions, though.

1. Where is the Lens of Truth?
    2. Since it costs 750 Rupees--and my current wallet only holds 500--where's the next wallet upgrade?
    3. Where are the flippers?
    4. Are any of the above actually needed to finish the game?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.21%

1. I can't remember
    2. There's a screenshot of the cave with the merchant selling the lens of truth on AlphaDawg's page. You can see the square it's on if you look at the overworld map in that picture. I don't think you need it, but you will find more secrets that way. I can't remember where the wallet is though. I want to say it's in a cave south of level 4 - the baseball mound level - but that may be the power bracelet instead.
    3. See number 1.
    4. No, they're just for fun. btw, you get the Master Sword at the end of the bonus level. (it's better than the Magic Sword)

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    9.23%

I think I found the wallet upgrade in Level 3.

It looks like I got the wallet upgrade's capacity wrong...because I just went over 500. At least that saves me a step and lets me get straight to the massive KILLING SPREE!!!

And I did figure out where the Lens was. Now it's just a simple matter of getting the cash, buying the Lens, then going on another KILLING SPREE!!! to get the cash to fuel its power.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.21%

I think I made most of my money fighting the Ghini's in the graveyard in the upper right corner of the overworld.

Although the really long thread myself and redtiger posted in about the U3Q has is long gone (it was pruned), I found two other U3Q threads while searching through ZC Discussion:
    - http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=80943
    - http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?p=592153 (SPOILER: BONUS LEVEL LOCATION REVEALED)

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    9.23%

Well, I've checked those threads, and all I've gotten out of them is a one-in-three shot as to where the bonus level is. And knowing my luck, I'll end up having to take all three shots...which may all turn out to be way off the mark. Still, though, if I'm right, it's pretty darn diabolical to hide a dungeon entrance where I think he did...

Fat lot of good that does me, though, without any clue as to where the flippers are. I'm guessing that they can be found in the vicinity of either Turtle Rock or Level 8, as you don't really need the raft after that point. I've spent some time in that area, scanning stuff with the Lens of Truth, and--before I got the Lens--whistling and finding two staircases, both of which led to door repair. I'm going to kill that old man one of these days, I really am...uh...anyway, am I on the right track? Anywhere near it?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.21%

I think I remember where the flippers are...I think they are hidden in a cave/mini dungeon on the west side of the overworld. The screen is west of the big lake, and south of the part where you use the wand's fire to make a bridge appear.

If you want me to tell you where the bonus level is just ask. I don't mind. I took a wild guess as to where it was and wound up being right

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    9.23%

I think I know which mini-dungeon you're talking about...I just can't get past that freakin' fairy! Or should I be trying something else in there?

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    9.23%

Let me see if it's the right mini-dungeon we're talking about here...

It's under a man-made structure of some kind, suspiciously flanked by two large trees. Bombing the man-made structure reveals four staircases, all of which lead to the same place...a mini-dungeon with overworld colors.

When I first found it, I couldn't get past the first room, due to an old man denying access. I figured I'd have to come back with the full Triforce to get him out of the way. I pick up the final piece, and return to the mini-dungeon. Lo and behold, the geezer's gone.

I proceed past his room to find myself trapped on a narrow strip of land, with four statues taking potshots at me while I engage in a dance of death with three Digdoggers. After a quick little tune on the whistle to get the tempo going, I proceeded to butcher the smaller critters they spawned. Doing so opened the doors.

I went through the north door, and found a fairy...that did absolutely NOTHING when I went up to her. I'm guessing I have to do something in that room. The question is, what? I've tried the boomerang, bombs, arrows (both varieties), the candle, the whistle, the bait, and the wand. I figure using any potion in this room is just a waste of a perfectly good potion. The Lens of Truth shows me nothing I can't see without it (probably because anything it would reveal is tantalizingly out of where the Lens can possibly show me from that little peninsula), and super bombs just mean an extra 25 Rupees going into the hands of the suspicious merchant in the cave to Level 8, without any progress in the mini-dungeon itself.

It's because nothing I tried did anything in there that I figured it might be a good place to try out the flippers, seeing as how there's plenty of water in the mini-dungeon. But if that's where you get the flippers in the first place...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.21%

Hmmm...I don't remember that room. Does the fairy restore your life? Have you tried bombing or walking through any of the walls? I may have to install ZC and go through the game and check it out.

UPDATE: Shoot. I thought AlphaDawg had a cheat for the U3Q, but I guess not. No way am I gonna play through that one again right now. Sorry man, just keep trying things, or maybe you can email AlphaDawg to see if he can help you.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    9.23%

The fairy, as mentioned earlier, does NOTHING. Absolutely NOTHING.

Believe me, I'd try walking through or bombing the walls if I could reach the walls. Unfortunately, I can't reach the wall due to the fact that the only land I can walk on is a vertical strip two tiles wide (except in the old man's room, where there's a small horizontal strip to accommodate the fires, but that strip isn't long enough to let me reach the walls even if I use the ladder), and the rest is water. I can't get past the fairy, because the room she's in has only enough land for me to use the ladder to get on the same horizontal row she's on. There are two small islands off to the side, but they're in a place where I can't reach them. Even if I could reach them, there's nothing I could do on those islands.

So if you're thinking about a different mini-dungeon, then what's the point of this one?

Thread Information