User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Need 3rd Quest help (Official and Unofficial)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37%

Re: Need 3rd Quest help (Official and Unofficial)

I remember one time I got stuck for a while and had to ask AlphaDawg for help - it was in regards to this old mans clue.

There's a clue in one of the dungeons that says, "Go back the way you came". Basically it meant that you have to go through a secret passage, and then try to go back, only this time the secret passage takes you to a different place. I can't remember which level that was in, but I think the level was blue colored.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.37%

That doesn't help in level 7, though, since it's gold. Oh well, I managed to get the Triforce out of there. I KNEW that sandy room was a little too conspicuous...

But that still leaves the issue of the rooms near the northwest corner. I still haven't been able to get in those. Do I really HAVE to get there? Or is there just something really nice? Or are they just there to drive me crazy?

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    20.96%

Mad Steve:

In the room in Level 7 that has Keese and two vertical columns of blocks, you can bomb the column on the right to destroy it and get to the room you couldn't access. You do not have to go there to beat the game, but had you done this, I think you would have been able to get a key rather than buying one. You can also find a heart piece.

I recently beat this quest, and I know that it is possible to do so without buying any keys.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.37%

A heart piece, you say? Well, guess I'd better go back!

By the way, I managed to clean out Level 8 without too much trouble. Love the music there, too! Now I'm wondering about the merchant who was robbed, and the mini-dungeon that requires a super bomb and the full Triforce to get in. All I've found in said mini-dungeon is a trio of Digdoggers and a fairy. Is there anything else in there? And just how do I help the merchant in question? Is it even possible? (Probably. )

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37%

Quote Originally Posted by LinkMaster500
    In the room in Level 7 that has Keese and two vertical columns of blocks, you can bomb the column on the right to destroy it and get to the room you couldn't access. You do not have to go there to beat the game, but had you done this, I think you would have been able to get a key rather than buying one. You can also find a heart piece.
    Ah ha! That must be the heart piece I was missing! (and the key too) I think I didn't find that because there were no bombable blocks in the original Legend of Zelda, so I didn't think to try bombing any in the U3Q.

Level 9 is a doosy. The hidden level is fun too. Let me know if you guys beat them

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.37%

Sure would be nice if I could get to the hidden level and level 9. The problem, of course, is that I don't know how. I can't find Sahasrahla anywhere! Do I need anything that can't be obtained in the first 8 levels to find him? If I could find him, I could probably get to level 9 easily enough.

And what about the merchant I mentioned earlier? Do I have to help him? (My money's on yes.) And the mini-dungeon with the three (now-deceased) Digdoggers? In case you're wondering which mini-dungeon I'm talking about, it's the one that needs to be opened with a super bomb, and that won't let you get further than the first room without the full Triforce. The fairy in there doesn't seem to actually do anything. What's the point of going in there, aside from attempting suicide?

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.37%

Hello? Anybody?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37%

There is another exit in level 8 that will lead you to the overworld screens that take you to level 9 iirc. The part of the overworld that leads to level 9 is white and grey, like the graveyard area of the first Legend of Zelda. To get to the hidden level, you need the flippers. That's all I can say.

I don't remember the merchant you're talking about.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    27.95%

if you need help on UTQ then go to the downloads page and there should be an unpassworded UTQ called thrdquestreference or something like that

oops... it's not on the downloads page. sorry, i guess it was on alphadawgs website or something. all i know is that i found it somewhere
    got potion?

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.37%

Wow. This quest seems to take all of the NES Zelda rules, get you re-acquainted with them, then shoots them all to hell right in front of you, doesn't it? Wild stuff, man...

With all this asking what to do, I feel like it's 1989 all over again!

Thread Information