User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Need 3rd Quest help (Official and Unofficial)

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    7.7%

Need 3rd Quest help (Official and Unofficial)

I need help with both the Official and Unofficial 3rd Quests.

Official--

Okay, I have been to Level 9 several times, taken down lots of the boss-type creatures, and know the exact path to take to get to Ganon. I'm good enough that I can fairly easily beat him into a daze...at which point I will be screwed because I do not have the silver arrow. I've tried walking through walls, blowing up walls, and pushing every single block I can find. I even found out--on my own!--that I can push one of the statues in the room just south of the northwest not-shown-on-the-map corner. None of these have gotten me anywhere! :mad2:

Unofficial--
    I've been to every room in Level 6 except the one immediately east of the northwest corner. Again, I've tried pushing blocks and statues, and walking through and blowing up walls. Again, failure. There's nothing in that room that I absolutely HAVE to get, right? Knowing my luck, there probably is. By the way, I know how to get to Turtle Rock (and if I forget, I can just pay someone in the game to tell me), but I don't know what I have to do when I get there.

Any assistance with these problems is greatly appreciated!

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    20.56%

Re: Need 3rd Quest help (Official and Unofficial)

Unofficial Third Quest:

There is something in Level 6 that you do need to get. It is the Super Bomb, and as you probably guessed, it is in that room immediately east of the northwest corner that you haven't gotten to yet. To get there you have to push a stone statue (not a block) in one of the rooms. I cannot remember which room it is right now, but by pushing that stone statue, you'll find a passage that will take you to two rooms east of the northwest corner. Then bomb west and you're at the Super Bomb shop.

Super Bombs cost 50 rupees apiece, and you need one to open Turtle Rock--Level 7

Hope that helps

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    7.7%

That'll do nicely. Now that leaves the Official 3rd Quest question to deal with. The statue I mentioned does absolutely nothing when I push it. No door opens, no staircase appears, NOTHING. Glitch, or deliberate red herring?

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    20.56%

I don't think it's a glitch because the Official Third Quest page at the creator's web site shows a screenshot with the ending screen after Link rescues Zelda. So the quest is beatable. Unfortunately, I have not beaten it yet.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.83%

I have beaten both, and they are excellent

AlphaDawg's site has a FAQ page for the Unofficial 3rd quest, and lots of help for the Official one. But, if you really can breeze through his quests, you shouldn't need much help http://casadealphadawg.com/zc/index.html

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    31.02%

Is that the one where you register as "Alpha"

jtquad

Yes it is. Also does anyone know where i can buy potion in this quest? Its the official quest by the way - JT

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    7.7%

The potion shop near the 1st Quest location of Level 6 is still there--and still accessed by blasting the entrance with a bomb. In case you're wondering, from the 1st Quest Level 6 entrance, head south one screen, then east one screen. Go straight up between the two columns of Armos statues on the right, and blast the wall there.

There's another potion shop just one screen west of the 1st Quest entrance to Level 3. Simply burn the lone bush.

In case you're wondering where to get the letter, it's at the 1st Quest location of Level 4/2nd Quest location of Level 5. You'll need either the whistle or the raft to get it. Pretty evil, if you ask me...

I managed to beat the Official 3rd Quest by shoving a block in a 1-tile wide horizontal passageway in a dark room. I thought that I had already tried pushing every block in that room, but obviously I hadn't tried hard enough. This does mean that the movable statue I found is, in fact, a red herring.

Now I'm having trouble in the Unofficial 3rd Quest version of Level 7. I have deduced that it is impossible to get through this level without buying a key...which costs 200 Rupees. And this time, I HAVE tried pushing every block, bombing every wall, and walking through every wall. None of these get me anywhere. Am I really going to have to fork over 200 for a lousy key? Or do some walls require super bombs to open? Or, as seems most likely, am I missing something else?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.83%

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Steve
    Now I'm having trouble in the Unofficial 3rd Quest version of Level 7. I have deduced that it is impossible to get through this level without buying a key...which costs 200 Rupees. And this time, I HAVE tried pushing every block, bombing every wall, and walking through every wall. None of these get me anywhere. Am I really going to have to fork over 200 for a lousy key? Or do some walls require super bombs to open? Or, as seems most likely, am I missing something else?
    I ran into the same problem in level 7. That's the level shaped like an "M" right? I told AlphaDawg a while back that I thought a key was missing, but I don't know if he looked into it.

About super bombs - iirc there is a wall in level 9 that requires a super bomb. I think that's the only one in the dungeons. Fear not though, cause you can find two super bombs in level 9 and can purchase them from a hidden shop in a cave on your way to the level 9 entrance (cause apparantly that super bomb wall in level 9 closes back up - a glitch I think)

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    7.7%

I eventually wound up having to buy TWO keys. That's 400 Rupees down the drain. :angry: :angry:

And I STILL can't get through the level! There are a few rooms near the northern corners that I haven't been to yet...largely because I haven't found any way to get into them. I've pushed blocks and statues, tried to walk through and blow up walls... and NOTHING gets me into those rooms! I know the ones on the right are in the vicinity of the boss and Triforce rooms, so it would make sense to not have those accessible through blasting down and walking through walls. But the ones on the left...I can't get in those. Needless to say, I strongly suspect there is something absolutely vital in some of the rooms I can't reach. What is it, and how many people am I going to have to strangle out of frustration when I find out that I overlooked something ridiculously simple?

Thread Information